criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Mar 11th Patch - Release Notes

F8RGE
1050 posts EA Community Manager
Hello there,

We are planning to release a small patch this week, which will include fixes for a number of issues as well as a few requested tweaks.

Feedback around our Auto Player AI system has been met with a lot of positivity, but one of the biggest bits of feedback that we’ve received revolves around how the AI look, In this patch we will be implementing a change that will ensure all troopers and heroes are dressed in any planet-specific appearances across the Age of Rebellion planets. Alongside this, we are adding randomization of head options for Officers within Co-Op.

Rounding out the AI tweaks is the ability for Ewok Hunters Auto Players to now perform the spear melee attack.
There are a number of fixes arriving into this update, which include the visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the player damaged UI element. We know you are strong with the Force, but you are not 750,000 pieces of damage strong.

In the Age of Rebellion Update we introduced a change to the Scoreboard which would show the class level of everyone in the match. A visual issue would sometimes occur where all the levels would be based on your own, this has now been fixed.

Within Co-Op we have identified and fixed an issue that would cause the AI to only take one route on Jabba’s Palace. Once the patch arrives the AI will now take multiple routes, meaning you can no longer sit at one doorway while defending.

A couple of matchmaking issues have also been addressed, starting with a fix that will address the problem that would occasionally cause a game server to place everyone onto the same team.

We once again thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you on the battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where the Play Any button would not be able to matchmake into a game.
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a game server to matchmake players into the same team.
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally lead players to be matchmade into opposing teams when transitioning to a new round of Co-Op.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the AI opponents to only take one path on Jabba’s Palace - Co-Op Defend.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.
  • Set up planet-specific appearances for Heroes and Troopers on the Age Of Rebellion maps.
  • Added randomization of head options for Officers controlled by AI.
  • Fixed an issue where the AI Officers on Hoth would show up with wrong names.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.
  • Added more info to show how to unlock certain weapon mods.
  • Fixed an issue where the ISB Agent would be blocked from firing her blasters for too long, after performing a melee strike.
  • Fixed a visual issue where the Ewok’s Hunter’s Instincts ability would show footprints on top of the trail left behind by BB9E.
  • Fixed an issue where snow particles would sometimes be visible indoors when playing on Starkiller Base.
  • Fixed various visual issues with texture popping on the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
  • Fixed various visual and collision issues on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Death Star II.
  • Added the spear melee attack for Ewok Hunters controlled by AI
  • Made minor visual improvements to the Ewok Hunter’s abilities.
  • Fixed a visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the "PLAYER DAMAGED" score event, after defeating an enemy.
  • Added support for Cyrillic characters in the chat window when playing in non-Russian versions of the game.
  • Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not show the accurate class level of other players, or when deploying with vehicles.
  • Class level now appears on the Scoreboard when playing Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters.
  • Removed the class level for AI players on the Scoreboard.
  • Fixed an issue where the button to view the profile of another player on the Scoreboard would not work.

Replies

• PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    Thanks for the fixes, they're appreciated.
  • Flamez
    313 posts Member
    Glad you guys are fixing the attack delay, h/v was getting mad boring.
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• Nice.

Out of curiosity, which hero skin will you apply for heroes that don't have map-accurate skins ? Say Lando on Yavin ?
  • jonci
    1355 posts Member
    Shame that the same cant be said for fixing the lag abnd rubberbanding in the game which has been around since well before the above issues.
    But i guess correct player levels and AI officer names are a priority >:)
  • jonci
    1355 posts Member
    Oh and please up the ROF of Chewwy to what it was, before the blaster was messed around with, the dog needs its teeth back.
  • Piscettios
    6409 posts Member
    ‘Auto Player AI system‘
    You mean bots?

Feedback around our Auto Player AI system has been met with a lot of positivity, but one of the biggest bits of feedback that we’ve received revolves around how the AI look

When I played co-op to unlock the new blasters they were still aimlessly jumping into 20ft walls for extended periods of time, charging me from afar right down the middle of a path with tiny amounts health left, and would miraculously turn and shoot at me through trees across the map when larger threats were in front of them... but the way they look needed fixing. Lol
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • NomiSunstrider
    3852 posts Member
    edited March 9
    F8RGE wrote: »
    [*] Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.
    [*] Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.

This does put a smile on my face :)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Empire_TW
    7410 posts Member
    When will combat roll be fixed?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • The only fixes we really need is Anakin's abilities glitches, Vader's choke and basics every ability that get interrupted by stagger. All this things are just small things, but heroes are way too glitchy and this just ruin the game
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

We are planning to release a small patch this week, which will include fixes for a number of issues as well as a few requested tweaks.

Feedback around our Auto Player AI system has been met with a lot of positivity, but one of the biggest bits of feedback that we’ve received revolves around how the AI look, In this patch we will be implementing a change that will ensure all troopers and heroes are dressed in any planet-specific appearances across the Age of Rebellion planets. Alongside this, we are adding randomization of head options for Officers within Co-Op.

Rounding out the AI tweaks is the ability for Ewok Hunters Auto Players to now perform the spear melee attack.
    There are a number of fixes arriving into this update, which include the visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the player damaged UI element. We know you are strong with the Force, but you are not 750,000 pieces of damage strong.

In the Age of Rebellion Update we introduced a change to the Scoreboard which would show the class level of everyone in the match. A visual issue would sometimes occur where all the levels would be based on your own, this has now been fixed.

Within Co-Op we have identified and fixed an issue that would cause the AI to only take one route on Jabba’s Palace. Once the patch arrives the AI will now take multiple routes, meaning you can no longer sit at one doorway while defending.

A couple of matchmaking issues have also been addressed, starting with a fix that will address the problem that would occasionally cause a game server to place everyone onto the same team.

We once again thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you on the battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes:
    • Fixed an issue where the Play Any button would not be able to matchmake into a game.
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a game server to matchmake players into the same team.
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally lead players to be matchmade into opposing teams when transitioning to a new round of Co-Op.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the AI opponents to only take one path on Jabba’s Palace - Co-Op Defend.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.
    • Set up planet-specific appearances for Heroes and Troopers on the Age Of Rebellion maps.
    • Added randomization of head options for Officers controlled by AI.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI Officers on Hoth would show up with wrong names.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.
    • Added more info to show how to unlock certain weapon mods.
    • Fixed an issue where the ISB Agent would be blocked from firing her blasters for too long, after performing a melee strike.
    • Fixed a visual issue where the Ewok’s Hunter’s Instincts ability would show footprints on top of the trail left behind by BB9E.
    • Fixed an issue where snow particles would sometimes be visible indoors when playing on Starkiller Base.
    • Fixed various visual issues with texture popping on the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
    • Fixed various visual and collision issues on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Death Star II.
    • Added the spear melee attack for Ewok Hunters controlled by AI
    • Made minor visual improvements to the Ewok Hunter’s abilities.
    • Fixed a visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the "PLAYER DAMAGED" score event, after defeating an enemy.
    • Added support for Cyrillic characters in the chat window when playing in non-Russian versions of the game.
    • Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not show the accurate class level of other players, or when deploying with vehicles.
    • Class level now appears on the Scoreboard when playing Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters.
    • Removed the class level for AI players on the Scoreboard.
    • Fixed an issue where the button to view the profile of another player on the Scoreboard would not work.

No Anakin fixes, even after there was about 10 different threads on him with hundreds to thousands of views?
  • Psy3d
    1155 posts Member
    Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.

Only thing that matters in the list....thanks!

• Mambo
    27 posts Member
    What about anakins stamina?
    Wrong nerv
    DICE should remove the stamina decrease(it seems that his Devense stamina is also decreased without massive strikes)
    Instead give him a delay time between his abilities
    Ps: Please give our suggestions and feedbacks more attention
  • More bug fixes are always welcome
  • I see no fix for Leia's grenades either.
  • Bugfixes

giphy.gif
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
    Hello there,

[/list]

I mean, there's been plenty of feedback saying the Auto Player AI is ungodly accurate and melee's too frequently...don't know why we're acting like that feedback doesn't exist despite how prevalent it is.
  • Neyu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 19
    put GA back to the main menu next to CS, [Removed]

As a tip, it's usually not a good idea to ask for something while simultaneously insulting the people you're asking ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Fantastic work, DICE! Keep 'em coming! 👍
    "All wings report in."
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1792 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Neyu wrote: »
    put GA back to the main menu next to CS

Listen @F8RGE

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on

• Mambo
    27 posts Member
    Mambo wrote: »
    What about anakins stamina?
    Wrong nerv
    DICE should remove the stamina decrease(it seems that his Devense stamina is also decreased without massive strikes)
    Instead give him a delay time between his abilities
    Ps: Please give our suggestions and feedbacks more attention

@F8RGE please :)
  • Mambo
    27 posts Member
    Mambo wrote: »
    Please reduce the Meele spam from AI in koop
    Please!

@F8RGE
  • Will we ever see a Endor Luke or a Yavin Ceremony Leia? We only have one matching outfits for Luke, Han, and Leia - Hoth.
  • Looks good, I will keep you posted if I find anything following this update that should be fixed!
  • Coop is a very rewarding mode for a player: fun mode, very playable, a great sense of accomplishment, the opportunities always exist to level up heroes and villains, and it's brought new life to the game.

The problem I have been having since it was added is getting teammates to stand on command posts. If I hop into a game with strangers, they ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to stand on the command post, nearly always. They are always hunting around for kills. When I defend and we struggle, the attackers arrive at the last command post with 8 minutes remaining. If I am on the attacking team, we always arrive at the last post with 3 or 4 minutes AND I run into TOO many players who don't appreciate that massive 3000 battle points for capturing a post in Coop.

Is there something that can be done to encourage players to stand on the command post?
    How about:
    A) once you stand on it, you continue to capture it until the opposition team stands on it
    Or
    B AI players on your team can capture it. Because you KNOW the AI players are ALL (excluding the fact that they are all at a profitable to DICE level Zero.)
    C) point deductions for a gradual and incremental circle of zone beyond the command points

Look... "there goes 3000 XP"! 3000 XP!
  • moistboii
    1766 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Whenever anyone asks about the laundry list of Anakin bugs
    Dice:
    1f1kdnnuczb6.gif
  • Nooooo, u fixed the door bug on jabba's Palace for defence > Damn ... hahahahahahahahaha there goes my chill moment f famring challanges :P n have a chill moment looool
    Unlucky but good job you guys did it tho

Hello there,

[/list]

I mean, there's been plenty of feedback saying the Auto Player AI is ungodly accurate and melee's too frequently...don't know why we're acting like that feedback doesn't exist despite how prevalent it is.

Because they know the melee thing is fine, in my opinion IA in co-op is at difficulty level that is achievable for new players and when is missing one player on the team but not so easy that is boring for more experienced players, thanks to the ai meleeing me i learned how to defend myself better from melees, so it is good how it is now.
  • Guille92h wrote: »
    Hello there,

[/list]

Because they know the melee thing is fine, in my opinion IA in co-op is at difficulty level that is achievable for new players and when is missing one player on the team but not so easy that is boring for more experienced players, thanks to the ai meleeing me i learned how to defend myself better from melees, so it is good how it is now.

You like the AI causing stagger against saber heroes every time they swing their saber because of fact they melee them over and over when doing so or close? That's not a challenge that's just annoying. I want melee attacks but the stagger against saber heroes needs to go it is awful.

Plus they shouldn't be able to cause damage through unrelenting advance but they do.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »

No a glitch like thia is a exploit correct it amititely unless Vader is using his hands to block blaster fire like he does with hand in empire strikes back

NOOOOOOOOO......
  • I would like if I could just play it.
    This patch bricked my game.
    Goes to black screen and eventually just goes back to the launcher.
    Is there any way to reverse this patch?
  • Can dice please make it so the celebration edition works offline? Seriously if the servers go out(like they did twice in a row) you can't use your skins if you wanna play IA and what about when the servers eventually shut down in the future boom all the people who bought the celebration edition wasted money. A majority of existing players who bought it probably bought it because they can't play online regularly since most people just buy the skins they want with credits since they are easy to earn online and the celebration edition doesn't make it clear that the content is still locked when not connected to the server. I'm honestly angry that a majority of the community just doesn't acknowledge this. This is a huge problem for people who bought it and can't play online for some reason or another.
  • thank god
  • cms1172 wrote: »
    I would like if I could just play it.
    This patch bricked my game.
    Goes to black screen and eventually just goes back to the launcher.
    Is there any way to reverse this patch?

In which platform are you?
  • Psy3d
    1155 posts Member
    So Leia is the new Luke for blaster players? She can melt likes of Dooku and Gen G without even trying with both blaster spam cards and the gren faster regen. Even as Vader I had hard time landing saber strike on her with slow swing speed in 1v1 while she just rolled around mixing gren and blaster spam.

Also is it me or Luke's swing speed was nerfed back to his OG speed? He feels very sluggish. Well thanks for bringing back dodge strike at least.
  • Mambo wrote: »
    Please reduce the Meele spam from AI in koop
    Please!
    They already nerfed the fraggen heck out of it, where have you been? A.I. Commando Droids use vibro blades now like 1% of the time. Thanks...thanks a lot.

“There is always hope.”
  • Thank you devs for these changes they are very welcome. 🤗👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • So um has anyone experienced this? jr4sy3vpm83o.jpg
  • Still only filling up 1 team on kashyyyk GA 🤦‍♂️
  • The game has always been buggy for me, crashing occasionally out of nowhere, but as of this last patch I can't play for more than 20 minutes without a guaranteed crash in the middle of a fight. (Today I've only done Co-Op but it's happened before in GA and CS as well.)

Please make more stable with fixes.
  • I entered a game of Republic Co-op and spawned in as an ARC as soon as I could only to discover that it was true that you could no longer fire individually each pistol. I straight away respawned. It kinda baffles me why this change was made. It was something that made the ARC troopers truly unique. I personally don't mind it so much with the ISB agent, but it was a pointless change for the ARC trooper that truly detracts from the reinforcement - I no longer want to play as an ARC trooper.

Honestly, the rest of the updates seem really good, but that was a game-breaker in terms of the ARC.