criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Forum Toxicity and Passive Aggressiveness

ImAGr8Panda
890 posts Member
edited March 11
This is about the forums/community so I assume it's fine in general discussions.

The toxicity and passive aggressiveness Is draining me, I'm tired of it, it wares me out, I know I am guilty of this such thing, as I assume most of us are, we are human, if we feel verbally attacked then we get defensive, everyone is toxic to each other on these forums, you could be minding your own business and someone will attack you for no reason, it needs to stop. We are all star wars and Battlefront fans, we should be able to get along without fighting, we all have different opinions and like to play different ways, but we can still have civilised discussions. So I make this post to ask and remind everyone to respect each other, to not be so toxic and passive aggressive towards each other, and as an apology to anyone that I have been toxic towards. That Is all.

Replies

• TjPunx
    1857 posts Member
    It’s mainly the noobs/quitters that are the passive aggressive ones, and OP
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Honestly, one of the most passive aggressive threads I’ve ever seen

dn9xhumx2htc.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    vuguzqzbjxrh.png
  • Charmin
  • I’m down for this.
  • CC_1010
    3534 posts Member
    I just can’t be positive any more. I pretty much abandoned this place. People just want to repeat their garbage over and over and don’t care about valid arguments. Lore over balance and all that dumb c-word. It really gets on my nerve.
  • CT_1242
    579 posts Member
    Thank you for this post. :)
    My Most Valued Threads
    Star Wars: Battlefront II - DICE/Pandemic Hybrid | This Could Be The Perfect Battlefront Game
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157299/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dice-pandemic-hybrid-this-could-be-the-perfect-battlefront-game#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    B2 Heavy Super Battle Droid - SW: Republic Commando Droid Enforcer Concept
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155996/b2-heavy-super-battle-droid-sw-republic-commando-droid-enforcer-concept#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Supremacy/Galactic Assault Servers Without Heroes. Want it? Comment Here!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/156888/supremacy-galactic-assault-servers-without-heroes-want-it-comment-here#latest
    ec2n68e1acqh.gif
  • CC_1010
    3534 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    add the new maps to blast or I'm going to start killing hostages

Or we riot
  • Relmets wrote: »

Nobody move...nobody get hurt
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »

tdlwn8gf4to4.gif
  • This is about the forums/community so I assume it's fine in general discussions.

The toxicity and passive aggressiveness Is draining me, I'm tired of it, it wares me out, I know I am guilty of this such thing, as I assume most of us are, we are human, if we feel verbally attacked then we get defensive, everyone is toxic to each other on these forums, you could be minding your own business and someone will attack you for no reason, it needs to stop. We are all star wars and Battlefront fans, we should be able to get along without fighting, we all have different opinions and like to play different ways, but we can still have civilised discussions. So I make this post to ask and remind everyone to respect each other, to not be so toxic and passive aggressive towards each other, and as an apology to anyone that I have been toxic towards. That Is all.

7n3ro7geuzd1.gif
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    You missed the golden age
    this isn't the reddit safe haven it used to be.
    Don't worry about getting insightfuls it just shows you're not a complete tool.

Those poor watermelon heads
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Or we riot

the only sane solution
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• TjPunx wrote: »
    It’s mainly the noobs/quitters that are the passive aggressive ones, and OP

Please, go on, explain why its passive aggressive my friend.
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »

The insightful thing is the dumbest thing. "I so need a way to downvote you!" "I could ignore your post or I could write a nice counter, but no, i need a button! Cause I'm 12!"

These are the same people that like to go around correcting spelling on mobile applications as if that makes them a phD 8n English history or some ****

Yeah I agree, there also needs to be lol or a disagree button since that is what insightful is used for. OP does have a point there about it being passive aggressive, if people are continuously pressing it without offering any counter points or because they got their sensibilities hurt.

It ultimately doesn't mean anything there's even badges connected to it so whatever.
    H/V Tutorial

adha7fa0seyg.gif

• I've heard exactly what I expected, the toxic ones, the passive aggressive ones, and the ones who try to have some respect.
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    I've heard exactly what I expected, the toxic ones, the passive aggressive ones, and the ones who try to have some respect.

Although I gotta admit some ppl have some very very bad opinions and should be ignored
    H/V Tutorial

adha7fa0seyg.gif

• This is about the forums/community so I assume it's fine in general discussions.

628y01969gbh.gif

sae0p7rn05p2.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    vuguzqzbjxrh.png
  • Batman20
    2735 posts Member
    I understand where you are coming from if you have a different opinion about a hero in this game that person who disagrees tends to reply by being rude and making out you are an **** or rubbish at the game for not sharing the same opinion. Doesn't always happen most people are fine but I've seen it happen multiple times
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from if you have a different opinion about a hero in this game that person who disagrees tends to reply by being rude and making out you are an **** or rubbish at the game for not sharing the same opinion. Doesn't always happen most people are fine but I've seen it happen multiple times

Yeah I got that crap when I joined they automatically assume everyone new is a scrub without reading into the point they were trying to make about heros.
    H/V Tutorial

adha7fa0seyg.gif

• tankertoad wrote: »
    Flamez wrote: »

Or we riot

the only sane solution

The insightful thing is the dumbest thing. "I so need a way to downvote you!" "I could ignore your post or I could write a nice counter, but no, i need a button! Cause I'm 12!"

These are the same people that like to go around correcting spelling on mobile applications as if that makes them a phD in English history or some such

Get Insightfulled kid
  • People got a lot of things going on in their life. We just see the veneer of that. In my experience, the most toxic people actually have a real low opinion of themselves. They take it out on you and me because it is a safe bet for them. We can change the culture here by staying positive. We can’t change them. They have to make that choice. All we can do is try to offer a better alternative by treating each other with respect and try to aspire to being better. Some people think that is weak and maybe it is. I find when a person treats others with respect it is actually a sign of strength and confidence. They don’t need to belittle others to build themselves up because they have the confidence to know that they are making the world a more positive place even if its just a little bit. I am not a pacifist and i don’t believe in turning the other cheek as some of you know i can snap too. I do try though and i hope that counts for something lol
  • ROMG4
    4666 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »

Or we riot

the only sane solution

These are the same people that like to go around correcting spelling on mobile applications as if that makes them a phD in English history or some such

Get Insightfulled kid

3s80xv.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Noble effort. Won't work, though. I've seen enough in these forums to know that anyone who even slightly disagrees with someone's personal view of the game (and it's usually someone who just hates DICE with a passion but refuses to quit playing the game) will spend hours slamming the person and spamming the "insightful" button like it does something. They're like walking replicas of the stereotypical 80s bully with the letterman jackets and cheerleaders.

It's best to just let it go, they're not really worth anyone's effort. Like you said, it's toxic behavior. In the end, it only reflects who they really are as a person. I wouldn't even bother learning the names of people like that in real life, let alone here, haha. Anyone who tries to drag you down like that isn't worth the effort.

Just keep being positive :) Never let someone take away your smile.

do you actually look at someone who clicked insightful on your post as a 50s bully who just showed you into a locker :D
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • I've heard exactly what I expected, the toxic ones, the passive aggressive ones, and the ones who try to have some respect.

So a typical day on the forms then?

Not really sure which category I was lumped in with, they’re all good fun forum members in my experience, so could you please clarify?
  • tankertoad wrote: »

Or we riot

the only sane solution

Wait, being insightfulled is a bad thing? I thought thirteen people actually thought that I'm a wise and insightful person. I guess that explains why it seemed so odd to me :P

I've also given insightfuls but only because I thought the person was actually being insightful. Oops.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Realistically I shouldn't have to close this thread, but considering the way it's been going I'm going to.
This discussion has been closed.