criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tips for the "new" HvV?

hardvibes
29 posts Member
edited March 12
The last time I played battlefront II was 5 or 6 months ago. Most of the time I was in the top 3 each HvV game.
Now a lot has changed and I can't get kills anymore. I die all the time, expecially when I'm on the light side. All my characters (force users) are lvl40+ and cards are maxed out of course.

Should I change cards? Change defense and attack style?
Do some of you know an effective and updated guide on youtube?

And please don't write the usual "yOu'rE jUsT a nOob".
Try to be mature about it.

Thanks

EDIT: I NOTICED I OWN WITH VADER.....BUT THE OTHERS MMHH...DID HE GET A SUPER BUFF?
Post edited by hardvibes on

Replies

• Flamez
    311 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Parrying system was introduced even though its a bug, just block and as soon as lightsaber hits counter attack.

in H/V you want to go max dps star card loadouts. Good example would be masterful duelist/dominance/superiority.

The meta is really defensive, it's more about punishing aggression and pumping out as much damage as you can in a small window.

Top tier H/V picks are Vader, Luke,Boba Fett,Grevious,Finn(big deal), and anakin for lack of a better saber user.

Vader is in need of nerf, hes an offensive tank yet can do as much damage as the other sabers users with punishing grip choke and saber swing. avoid fighting him when he turtles.
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• hardvibes wrote: »
    The last time I played battlefront II was 5 or 6 months ago. Most of the time I was in the top 3 each HvV game.
    Now a lot has changed and I can't get kills anymore. I die all the time, expecially when I'm on the light side. All my characters (force users) are lvl40+ and cards are maxed out of course.

Should I change cards? Change defense and attack style?
    Do some of you know an effective and updated guide on youtube?

And please don't write the usual "yOu'rE jUsT a nOob".
    Try to be mature about it.

Thanks

EDIT: I NOTICED I OWN WITH VADER.....BUT THE OTHERS MMHH...DID HE GET A SUPER BUFF?

Try the "how to not suck"(not being mean that's what they are called) videos on youtube by battlefront knight, Idk if they are updated but I assume he has updated some, a lot of the cards have changed stats and stuff so look at them again, STICK TOGETHER, you don't stick together and you will he doomed.
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    don't stick together and you will be doomed.
    most lobbies nowadays
    9u9uxrl2tqta.gif

Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• Cnvs
    59 posts Member
    Balancing is garbage. You’ll either own or get owned. What a time to be alive
  • Thanks to all of you.
    I tried but it's not easy.

It was a lot better when we had one target...
  • Play very aggresive and dont fear to face more than one opponent.
  • LafenChuck wrote: »
    Play very aggresive and dont fear to face more than one opponent.

Exactly, on the don't fear to face more than one opponent part, many times if my team is railroading the other there will be runners which are even easier to kill than if they fought, if my team is getting railroaded then I try to find my nearest teammate and fight with them, as most saber heroes I can take on multiple enemies and stay alive and even win.
  • OcDoc
    2155 posts Member
    Quick tip of something that changed or is at least much more consistent...

Force abilities work on blocking opponents from the back and even somewhat on the sides (if behind midline).

If you don’t want to get tossed around, you need to know where opponents are and keep them in front of you (and block in a timely manner)

And manage your stamina wisely.