criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Impacts of the Covid-9 crisis on BF2 updates ?

SnakeMajin
785 posts Member
edited March 13
You're all aware the Covid-19 is getting quite global. Maybe the biggest health crisis since a century. In Europe, even outside of Italy, it's starting to have quite an impact on our jobs. Even without being sick or quarantined, schools starting to close may lead many parents to stay home with their kids.

Therefore, the hastiest around here might have to expect delays on BF2 developments, in the next few months. If not on eras, modes, heroes, troopers, I know we'd all agree the team's safety and health comes first.

I feel like watching the Blue Shadow Virus episodes everyday on TV, how are you all doing for now ?

Replies

• Feelee16
    2231 posts Member
    edited March 13
    I don't got it so I feel pretty good right now
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Companies like that tend to have work-arounds. Can't say for certain that that'll happen with DICE, or if they'll even be affected at all. I'm basing this solely on the knowledge that even jobs that require animated movie making take their work home with them. Plus, I don't really think people can just force people to not work when they need money to survive because of a scare. Just my thoughts on it.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • It has affected DICE. They’re not coming into the studio anymore, everything will be done remotely. They sent out a statement saying that this won’t affect it much.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    I wish I could work from home.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Me too. Not that I want to dimish the deadly aspect of the virus, but I hope this crisis helps companies to incorporate more remote jobs. Remote jobs are a blessing for everyone: less employee costs for the companies, less costs for the employee himself, less time spent on traffic, less stress which can lead to increased productivity. Of course it has its downsides, but maybe putting money into curbing these is less expensive then having to pay for all the infrastructure of a physical office and employee costs associated with it.

Again, I would never want such a deadly crisis to be what's needed to make this change, but now that we're stuck with the pandemic anyway, I hope some good can be taken out of it.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • IronSoldier
    3967 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    You can read the latest from the office via a recent tweet-

As to specifics of updates we'll see.
  • You can read the latest from the office via a recent tweet-

As to specifics of updates we'll see.

Good, take care of yourselves and your kids. Don't worry too much about updates in such a context.
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Me too. Not that I want to dimish the deadly aspect of the virus, but I hope this crisis helps companies to incorporate more remote jobs. Remote jobs are a blessing for everyone: less employee costs for the companies, less costs for the employee himself, less time spent on traffic, less stress which can lead to increased productivity. Of course it has its downsides, but maybe putting money into curbing these is less expensive then having to pay for all the infrastructure of a physical office and employee costs associated with it.

Again, I would never want such a deadly crisis to be what's needed to make this change, but now that we're stuck with the pandemic anyway, I hope some good can be taken out of it.

My company is far behind regarding remote jobs. We'll see what awaits us next week. But the biggest difficulty here in France, is that our kids are now home for quite some time. It will be difficult to both work and take care of them, especially since nothing was planned for remote, with say some quiet office at home. That and the fact our parents and elders must stay home.
  • game studio devs require devkits, powerful desktops and fast networks to download large amounts of data and build lots of code and data in distributed fashion. WFH is not going to be as easy as it is for a website dev working on his Macbook from anywhere.

cant see how this situation wont slow down the rate of updates, but would be pleasantly surprised if it turned out otherwise
  • The fear mongering for this stupid virus is outrageous. The flu is way worse
  • Trazy
    57 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Skulgor wrote: »
    The fear mongering for this stupid virus is outrageous. The flu is way worse

No, covid 19 has at least 10x the mortality as the flu. You'll start to see the effects in the U.S. in a week or two.
    Lurve You <3
  • Trazy wrote: »
    Skulgor wrote: »

No, covid 19 has at least 10x the mortality as the flu. You'll start to see the effects in the U.S. in a week or two.

He probably meant that its worse in terms of numbers. Seasonal flu kills far more, because it infects a lot more ppl.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Yep. One person has died of it in my country. He was 80 years old and had underlying health conditions. I’m sure it will get worse before it gets better but the media response has been a bit much
  • I think It's time to go tribal.
  • Skulgor wrote: »

The problem is that the flu has a vaccination. There is no readily available vaccination for covid-19, and people over (I believe) 40 or people with immune-compromising diseases that are at an increased risk health-wise. In some cases there is reasonable panic, because covid-19 can be deadly in some cases. It's less likely in youths, especially children, who so far have been wildly resistant to it and recover faster.

Right now, the main concern is limiting contact and spread of covid-19, which is why people are being advised to stay home and limit travel. It's more really to protect those who are easily susceptible to the virus.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Feelee16
    2231 posts Member

Wonder if numbers will be slightly higher this time. Hopefully not
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Genin
    634 posts Member
    I live in Italy and the situation is not good... We have to stay at home and move only for good reason (like food, hospital ecc). Many people can't work, everything is closed, beside supermarkets (with limited amount of people allowed), pharmacies, hospitals...
  • Skulgor wrote: »

I live in France. My dad has a pacemaker and I live in one of the few virus clusters. There is a real risk. Wait until it gets in your country.

We should wonder if the flu'd kill as many people if we took 1/10 of the measures we take now and some people weren't anti-vaccines. The last part is how some long gone diseases are reintroduced in 3r world by us.
  • moistboii
    1766 posts Member
    Was Bill Gates involved in the making and release of the corona virus 🤔 Does Bill Gates own a lab in China 🤨 Was the first known case of the corona virus in immediate proximity to the lab owned by Bill Gates 🤔🤨

Apparently the corona virus has a patent....why would a disease have a patent? Look up corona virus patent on google and just see the results that come up and judge for yourself. Or you could believe those trustworthy "factcheck" websites that check the validity of such claims made about the virus.

At the end of the day I guess this information really doesn't matter. Most of you probably know that the government doesn't truly want what's best for you. I mean the Chinese government wants their population to be controlled being as they view it as getting out of control. There's obviously much more I could say about that but think about it....is it not a strange coincidence that this disease began (was released) in a country where its government wants population control?
  • IIPrest0nII
    5335 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I moved this thread to Off-topic section
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »
    Was Bill Gates involved in the making and release of the corona virus 🤔 Does Bill Gates own a lab in China 🤨 Was the first known case of the corona virus in immediate proximity to the lab owned by Bill Gates 🤔🤨

Apparently the corona virus has a patent....why would a disease have a patent? Look up corona virus patent on google and just see the results that come up and judge for yourself. Or you could believe those trustworthy "factcheck" websites that check the validity of such claims made about the virus.

At the end of the day I guess this information really doesn't matter. Most of you probably know that the government doesn't truly want what's best for you. I mean the Chinese government wants their population to be controlled being as they view it as getting out of control. There's obviously much more I could say about that but think about it....is it not a strange coincidence that this disease began (was released) in a country where its government wants population control?

@moistboii I had heard that this virus was created. That would explain the patent and doesn't really come as a surprise. Scientists are creating and manipulating biology and chemistry all the time.

I would be more surprised about its deliberate release however. If China had closed its borders, travel, access etc. and then this virus had arrived I might find that more believable. But I don't think even China would risk the populations of so many other countries and that those countries wouldn't respond.

It doesn't really come as a surprise that this started in the 2nd (?) most populated country in the world.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    I moved this thread to Off-topic section

@IIPrest0nII That's a shame. Although it is, not a lot of people will see it now.

Could consideration be given for one of the two Coronavirus threads to be kept on General Discussion? There are a lot of scared people and it's good to talk.
  • moistboii
    1766 posts Member

@moistboii I had heard that this virus was created. That would explain the patent and doesn't really come as a surprise. Scientists are creating and manipulating biology and chemistry all the time.

I would be more surprised about its deliberate release however. If China had closed its borders, travel, access etc. and then this virus had arrived I might find that more believable. But I don't think even China would risk the populations of so many other countries and that those countries wouldn't respond.

It doesn't really come as a surprise that this started in the 2nd (?) most populated country in the world.

The deliberate release part comes down to trust. From what you're saying it's clear we see the world differently. You trust that governments of separate countries operate separate from one another and that they operate in the best interest of their respective populations. I believe the opposite. Obviously many mock this type of belief(not saying you do) but there is a wealthy elite. Essentially a pyramid that runs everything. The free masons are the bottom (look up free mason lodge in your local town and you'll be sure to find at least 1 likely several) but the rich of the rich make up the top. These are families like the Rothschilds. You may have never heard of them. Well they're the richest family in the world and they essentially control the world economy. They do what they want when they want.

What's the point of all that you might ask. Well that's a whole different discussion lol but my whole point here is that the world is not as it seems. Governments are run from a place of secrecy. Decisions that impact the world are being made from those who operate in the shadows but who actually have the most power. Politicians, celebrities, actors. Most of them are puppets who do their job of distracting the public and pushing whatever narrative they're told to push. They push certain agendas to make the public think a certain way or accept a certain idea.

Many of us have eyes but don't see and ears but dont hear and I can't blame them. These lies are extremely convincing and well crafted. In fact masterfully crafted and elaborate to the point where every detail is carefully thought out.

Now one might think what's the point of all of this? Why would anyone be so evil? Some simply cannot accept that there are people this evil and that those in control of this world are actually capable of such malevolent behavior. Now let me just tie this all together. So.....despite my constant complaint on here (please forgive me for those btw lol) I do believe in God and many of you may not, that's fine. I would never force one to believe but I've had such incredible personal experiences that I know he's true.

So who do these wealthy elites answer to? Satan. Satan's goal is to take people with him to you know where. How does he do that? Through deception. He is the father of lies after all and since he deceived a third of the angels you better believe he knows every little nuance of how we operate in order to deceive us as well. Luckily we have someone who is greater (I'll let you guess who lol) but we need to come to him for help or we will continue being deceived by this father of lies.

I'll leave you with this. Everything physical has a spiritual origin. There are two realms. Physical and spiritual. God, angels, demons operate in the spiritual. We operate in the physical. The world is controlled from where we can't see. Start looking up near death experiences and personal testimonies of God and I'm sure you'll start to see what I'm talking about (if you dont already because I'm not sure where you stand). They can explain things that I have not here.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member

The deliberate release part comes down to trust. From what you're saying it's clear we see the world differently. You trust that governments of separate countries operate separate from one another and that they operate in the best interest of their respective populations. I believe the opposite. Obviously many mock this type of belief(not saying you do) but there is a wealthy elite. Essentially a pyramid that runs everything. The free masons are the bottom (look up free mason lodge in your local town and you'll be sure to find at least 1 likely several) but the rich of the rich make up the top. These are families like the Rothschilds. You may have never heard of them. Well they're the richest family in the world and they essentially control the world economy. They do what they want when they want.

What's the point of all that you might ask. Well that's a whole different discussion lol but my whole point here is that the world is not as it seems. Governments are run from a place of secrecy. Decisions that impact the world are being made from those who operate in the shadows but who actually have the most power. Politicians, celebrities, actors. Most of them are puppets who do their job of distracting the public and pushing whatever narrative they're told to push. They push certain agendas to make the public think a certain way or accept a certain idea.

Many of us have eyes but don't see and ears but dont hear and I can't blame them. These lies are extremely convincing and well crafted. In fact masterfully crafted and elaborate to the point where every detail is carefully thought out.

Now one might think what's the point of all of this? Why would anyone be so evil? Some simply cannot accept that there are people this evil and that those in control of this world are actually capable of such malevolent behavior. Now let me just tie this all together. So.....despite my constant complaint on here (please forgive me for those btw lol) I do believe in God and many of you may not, that's fine. I would never force one to believe but I've had such incredible personal experiences that I know he's true.

So who do these wealthy elites answer to? Satan. Satan's goal is to take people with him to you know where. How does he do that? Through deception. He is the father of lies after all and since he deceived a third of the angels you better believe he knows every little nuance of how we operate in order to deceive us as well. Luckily we have someone who is greater (I'll let you guess who lol) but we need to come to him for help or we will continue being deceived by this father of lies.

I'll leave you with this. Everything physical has a spiritual origin. There are two realms. Physical and spiritual. God, angels, demons operate in the spiritual. We operate in the physical. The world is controlled from where we can't see. Start looking up near death experiences and personal testimonies of God and I'm sure you'll start to see what I'm talking about (if you dont already because I'm not sure where you stand). They can explain things that I have not here.

Reading your response, I concur that we see the World very differently from one another. Rest assured though, I'm not one to mock.

Although I am not naive enough to think that any Government tells their people the truth 100% of the time, I do honestly believe that certain Governments are better than others.

I would also say that it would not surprise me that an "elite" influence politics, the financial market, etc. but I would draw the line at influence, rather than total control.
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    edited March 14

"In 2004, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) filed a patent application covering specific isolated components of a type of coronavirus distinct from COVID-2019: severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The patent was issued and published in 2007 and is set to expire in 2024. Similarly, in 2015 the Pirbright Institute, a British research institute, applied for a patent on an attenuated form of coronavirus, which was granted in 2018 and is set to expire in 2035. This form of coronavirus, however, is related to the Avian infectious bronchitis virus, which is not known to pose a threat to humans. Existing patents thus cover inventions related to different types of coronaviruses, none of them the one at the root of the COVID-19 outbreak. Moreover, in line with current caselaw, patents cannot possibly cover the viruses themselves"

This is what i know too, the patent is for other form of Coronavirus, one wich doesn't affect humans