criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

anakin needs to be buffed!

i dont care what anyone says bite me.
Anakin has been nerfed into the ground ever since his releasr last year and needs at least one buff in my opinion they need to being back the retribution charge when taking damage in heroic might i think it would be great and the only buff he really needs.

Replies

• another buff in my opinion would be bring heroic mights base damage to 150 then with the star card that makes it do more damage would make it 200 everything else about anakin is fine in my opinion i would love to hear everyones opinions and suggestions!
  • I'm not sure exactly what needs to happen but he definently needs to be buffed, the chosen one is incredibly weak.
  • quark
    130 posts Member
    More stamina, ps buff damage and knockdown. Fix bugs.
  • They just need to fix all of his bugs, and speed up everything about Passionate Strike (way too clunky and easy to dodge) and increase its damage.
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    Just put Ani back as he was before the Jan 2020 patch which crippled him and put him below a B tier with all the bugs. Bonus would be if he gets his stamina nerf removed for MS. But don't think DICE can fix him anytime soon :D
  • Axone
    505 posts Member
    \
    another buff in my opinion would be bring heroic mights base damage to 150 then with the star card that makes it do more damage would make it 200 everything else about anakin is fine in my opinion i would love to hear everyones opinions and suggestions!

Let start with a small Heroic Might baseline damage with 125 damage (without the card) first to enemy hero and enemy trooper. This small buff would make this ability in a good place without making him powerful in anyway.

Also, fix Heroic Might bugs like it was before this patch and this ability need to activate instantly without delay.

This fair compromise would make this ability viable without making him powerful in any aspect.
  • Axone
    505 posts Member
    Anakin got excessive nerf. Anakin has too much bug. Please restore Anakin without making him overpower.

Slightly increase his lightsaber swing speed.

Pull Dominance: need to pull to the center and in front of him.

Heroic Might: Fix all the bugs that happen on this patch and this ability need to activate instantly without delay. In addition, Maximum damage need to be increase to 325 damages when fully charge and maximum range need to be 22 meters when fully charge.

Passionate Strike: Add knockback to this ability.

Retribution: Need to choke enemies and the ability need to activate instantly without delay (so no delay on this ability).

As of right now, don't play Anakin because he is more of a hinderance than a valuable ally.
  • moistboii
    1727 posts Member
    If they could just fix him that would be great. And if they could actually acknowledge what's going on with him that would be great too. They gave him a stealth nerf and told no one and have yet to acknowledge it. He's riddled with bugs and there have been tons of complaints about those bugs. What do they do in response to those bugs? There is no response. I can't imagine any hero has been managed more poorly than Anakin.
  • Please EA and Dice buff Anakin!
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    I thought the chosen one was supposed to be the most powerful being in the galaxy, that isn't the case anymore. They need to fix all his bugs like retribution not choking ppl,heroic might not activating in time, pull dominance pulling ppl over his head etc...

Bring back the damage passionate strike had before
    allow him to use pull dominance in the air
    bring back the extra damage on heroic might when he gets hit
    give him slightly more swing stamina and increase the damage for each swing.
    Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• Nightwing21
    72 posts Member
    edited March 25
    LordSpyro598, ImAGr8Panda, SadderJoker, quark, natenrb9, Psy3d, Axone, moistboii, Flamez

Guys, you could collaborate with my post which I explain a little of the current problems of Anakin and I still propose a detailed buff of it. I would love to have a support for greater visibility by EA

Please. See Link below:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157464/anakin-needs-a-buff-and-glitch-fixes/p1?new=1
  • He needs to be fixed, more than anything.

Only buffs I could see are reducing his stamina regen delay to one second, improving Passionate Strike, and improving Passionate Strikes cards.

Tenacious should also be 150, now that I think about it.

this.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • moistboii
    1727 posts Member
    Flamez wrote: »
    I thought the chosen one was supposed to be the most powerful being in the galaxy, that isn't the case anymore. They need to fix all his bugs like retribution not choking ppl,heroic might not activating in time, pull dominance pulling ppl over his head etc...

I'm assuming that their thought process in nerfing his passionate strike was forcing Anakin players to abandon it and instead rely solely on saber strikes. Thus, they would drain more stamina as a result of the massive strikes card and be more vulnerable more frequently. Instead of getting, say a 3 man pull, and using passionate strike to kill them all, they want us to use several swings to drain his stamina.

They wanted to appeal to all the people who wanted him to be weaker which I don't mind. I'm just assuming that they wont change his passionate strike back because of what I just laid out.
  • While I think all Anakin really needs to become viable is bug fixes, I find your suggestions pretty reasonable. They wouldn't overbuff him. In fact, I would also like to see small buff to his passionate strike.
    The devs just need to give heroes in general a 3 or 4 second long crowd control immunity after being affected by any crowd control effect. This would solve the problem of the ridiculous ability chaining of Anakin.
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    edited March 25
    moistboii wrote: »
    Flamez wrote: »

I'm assuming that their thought process in nerfing his passionate strike was forcing Anakin players to abandon it and instead rely solely on saber strikes. Thus, they would drain more stamina as a result of the massive strikes card and be more vulnerable more frequently. Instead of getting, say a 3 man pull, and using passionate strike to kill them all, they want us to use several swings to drain his stamina.

They wanted to appeal to all the people who wanted him to be weaker which I don't mind. I'm just assuming that they wont change his passionate strike back because of what I just laid out.

25% stamina drain on massive strikes is too steep, and passionate strike is still usable in open games modes, although he is not 1-shotting infiltrators anymore. In H/V it's useless because it's not doing enough damage and doesn't chain together with the rest of his kit well. would like if that move has increased lock on like kylos frenzy.

anakin right now only has 2 viable star card setups
    all of them/attraction/raw strength
    all of them/raw strength/steam roll
    anything else doesn't do enough dps or it drains his stamina too quickly which would be massive strikes.

if the player manages his stamina by using ps, he farm in open game modes as long as he wants to. Although his survivability went down the toilet because of bugs and retribution not being safe. it doesn't make sense to nerf that move because he still plays the same, he just uses 1 extra swing on infiltrators and enforcers.

H/V Tutorial

adha7fa0seyg.gif

• ad1997_1 wrote: »
    While I think all Anakin really needs to become viable is bug fixes, I find your suggestions pretty reasonable. They wouldn't overbuff him. In fact, I would also like to see small buff to his passionate strike.
    The devs just need to give heroes in general a 3 or 4 second long crowd control immunity after being affected by any crowd control effect. This would solve the problem of the ridiculous ability chaining of Anakin.

God no, please don't make the game more brainless and handholding. Anakin needs faster regen, bug fixes, and a PS buff/rework. As others have suggested I would like to see it mirror Frenzy. They should also buff Tenacious but that's whatever. I'd even like to see him get back the ability to charge up heroic might and deal back damage. It would just need to be capped.
  • Flamez
    311 posts Member
    edited March 25
    I should mention I made a comment earlier in this thread, is just got sent to approval land, just wait a couple of hours.
    LordSpyro598, ImAGr8Panda, SadderJoker, quark, natenrb9, Psy3d, Axone, moistboii, Flamez

Guys, you could collaborate with my post which I explain a little of the current problems of Anakin and I still propose a detailed buff of it. I would love to have a support for greater visibility by EA

@tag next time, and I agree with most of your improvements anakin is only good for his pull in h/v and does jack diddly squat for damage.
    H/V Tutorial

adha7fa0seyg.gif

• Just rework anakin
  • ad1997_1 wrote: »
    While I think all Anakin really needs to become viable is bug fixes, I find your suggestions pretty reasonable. They wouldn't overbuff him. In fact, I would also like to see small buff to his passionate strike.

God no, please don't make the game more brainless and handholding. Anakin needs faster regen, bug fixes, and a PS buff/rework. As others have suggested I would like to see it mirror Frenzy. They should also buff Tenacious but that's whatever. I'd even like to see him get back the ability to charge up heroic might and deal back damage. It would just need to be capped.

I agree with what you said. Anakin needs to be a buff. Since his first nerf he was downgraded in a very unsatisfactory way, and each update came with another Anakin nerf. Personally I didn't see the slightest problem with Anakin when it was released on HvV, but I even understand why they wanted to nerf it and it was because of all the other modes except HvV that he was very overpowered. The problem is that EA Dice brazenly nerfed him, while they should have just inserted a damage multiplier on Heroic Might of 500 in HvV and 300 damage in other modes.

What ad1997_1 wrote about giving immunity to Anakin's opponents after using Heroic Might, I don't agree, precisely because Heroic Might is already known to everyone and anyone who values ​​himself would be distant from him when using this ability or blocking (for the Sith). Currently Heroic Might does not deal significant damage, does not reach 170 damage without the "Raw Strengh" card it no longer charges from the damage Anakin receives. I think Heroic Might needs to be updated to the version that I think would be strong and not OP which I left in the topic (see at the end).

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157464/anakin-needs-a-buff-and-glitch-fixes

I also think that the Tenacious card should be increased to 150 health. I also wish he had a quicker life regeneration, like Luke's. But from the changes that I inserted in the topic, I believe that it would be great and balanced for all game modes.

See the topic and if possible comment on it to leave your opinion about the changes. There I made Anakin an offensive character, but without leaving him unstoppable.
  • Flamez wrote: »
    I should mention I made a comment earlier in this thread, is just got sent to approval land, just wait a couple of hours.

@tag next time, and I agree with most of your improvements anakin is only good for his pull in h/v and does jack diddly squat for damage.

Hello, I'm glad you liked the changes.

Anakin really needs to be a buff. His only ability today that at least does something useful is Dominant Pull (Although it no longer leaves the opponent in the position that Anakin uses the ability) the rest does no damage and all are glitched and have a damage reducer below 20%.

As you may have read the Post I made about Anakin, you must have seen that the changes I made to him were sensible and in no way would make him an unstoppable hero, with no chance of defeating him.

Dice made Anakin bad in all aspects: In attack; in defense reducing his melee deflections to 10, reducing his stamina by 25% with the card "Massive Strike" (Although whether or not you use this card Anakin consumes the same stamina, that is, the reducer was applied to Anakin and not on the card), decreasing the Tenacious card by 100 HP, greatly reducing the damage of the Passionate Strike, which currently does not even deal 100 damage if you can hit the opponent without blocking it. In addition to having reduced Heroic Might's damage reduction to below 20% and having Heroic Might do no damage above 120 without a card.

I can't understand why Dice makes Anakin so weak, it seems that when they nerf the characters they don't even bother to play with them to see if the character can do damage and block most attacks.

About what you said about Passionate Strike is true, Dice removed the mechanism that made Anakin mark a target and manage to reach it to deliver the Passionate Strike. Currently it seems that when you use it, you don't aim at where the skill hits when not being in the same place you are. The skill currently leaves you more in trouble than in advantage, and as I said in the post this skill needs to have Knockdown enabled for those who have not blocked.

In case you wanted to see the Post I made. Please. See Link below:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157464/anakin-needs-a-buff-and-glitch-fixes/p1?new=1
  • The nerfs to his passionate strike should be reverted.