criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars: Clone Wars | Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Which do you prefer?

CT_1242
674 posts Member
I personally honestly just cannot pick a favorite. I'm currently waiting for Disney+ to come out in Sweden (my country) so I can watch The Clone Wars through and through as I haven't even watched half of the episodes yet... But I still love that show just like I love the old Clone Wars cartoon. That one I grew up with and I've watched through the entire thing twice on YouTube (2 hours +). But to say some things that I think Clone Wars did better we've got to start off with Fordo. He was the original Advanced Recon Commando badass, duel-wielding DC-17 Hand Pistols the majority of the time. He was the best of the best and could lead a squad of elite soldiers through enemy territory, destroy a bunch of droids, sabotage an enormous cannon and all while only losing one clone in the process. Also, he saves Obi-Wan Kenobi's **** as well as other Jedi's. He can also go up against B2 Super Battle Droids in close quarters, which is mighty impressive.

Another thing which I sorely miss and am dying to see again, is the episode entirely dedicated to Fordo and his elite squad of ARC Troopers. Throughout the entire episode there's only a couple of words spoken. Why? Because Fordo and his men don't need words to communicate. They instead used (real) military hand signals to communicate. Fordo did various things with his hand and directed his troops to certain positions, ordered them to do this and that, all without actually talking. And that's badass. This episode is what I would consider to be the peak of all-things clone troopers in how they are handled. Or more specifically in regards to an elite unit infiltrating an enemy strong-hold and doing so extremely tactically. It was like a mini episode of Republic Commando but without Commandos and chatter.

Something else I love is Anakin and Ventress' fight scene. This show was her debut and holy crap was she made out to be a foe to be reckoned with. But Anakin started tapping into the dark side of the Force towards the end of their fight and stopped fighting like a Jedi and instead fought with raw power and strength. He won. And that scream that he does after he killed her... oh man. I also really like the episode that tackles Anakin's road to knight hood.

The last thing I'd like to mention that I think Clone Wars did better any every single other Star Wars media is making General Grievous actually menacing. No scratch that. Demonic. This show was his debut as well and ooooohhh man is he a force to be reckoned with. That dude literally fought off multiple Jedi all on his own and even managed to kill the majority of them without ever using his second pair of hands. Yes. In that show he is that good. His fighting style is also completely unique as he's very flexible and unpredictable. He also uses his lightsabers with his feet quite often. Seriously. I love that version of Grievous.
My Most Valued Threads
Star Wars: Battlefront II - DICE/Pandemic Hybrid | This Could Be The Perfect Battlefront Game
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157299/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dice-pandemic-hybrid-this-could-be-the-perfect-battlefront-game#latest
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B2 Heavy Super Battle Droid - SW: Republic Commando Droid Enforcer Concept
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155996/b2-heavy-super-battle-droid-sw-republic-commando-droid-enforcer-concept#latest
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Supremacy/Galactic Assault Servers Without Heroes. Want it? Comment Here!
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/156888/supremacy-galactic-assault-servers-without-heroes-want-it-comment-here#latest
ec2n68e1acqh.gif

Replies

• bfloo
    17090 posts Member
    The 2003 cw was better, except for the Calvary charge. Grievous was so much better.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Oh boy was grievous awesome, you said his name and I remembered how he destroyed those guards, clones and Jedi, yes that was definitely his peak, the clones where badass indeed, the arcs where awesome but even the commander was, he switched weapons and destroyed droids beautifully, there where a couple of things that I wasn't crazy about, I haven't seen it for awhile but I remember Anakin being insanely whiny as a padawan, another thing was Mace Windu being a karate master and destroying droids with his bare hands, I wasn't crazy about that, Yoda's horse was cute though, I think that series had a special charm because of how insane and extreme everyone was, made almost everyone awesome, I enjoy both series, both have a special place In my heart. I think my favorite parts are the arc story lines and the grievous story line, the arcs are awesome like you said and like I said that really was grievous at his best, also showed how grievous got his cough.
  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The 2003 cw was better, except for the Calvary charge. Grievous was so much better.

tenor.gif?itemid=5737524

This makes it better
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg