criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ranked System To Make The Game Fun

TheLivingGod
4 posts Member
edited March 23
After you max out every character, the game can get really boring because after that, there’s really no point on playing the game. In order to change this, I believe there should be some type of ranked system because sometimes I feel like I’m fighting people that are either way too hard or easy for me. By rank system I mean a system where you go against people that are the same rank/skill as you. You get a higher rank once you surpass that rank you are on(when you win games on that rank) and you get lower rank if you lose on the rank you are on. There’s also no point on grinding/playing the game because I’m not getting anything from it. So with the ranked system we can get different rewards that get better the higher rank you are. With this ranked system, I strongly believe that more people would want to play the game because there will be a reason to.(to get higher rank in order to get the best rewards possible). The game modes can have 2 modes regular and ranked if people don’t want to play ranked.
Post edited by TheLivingGod on

Replies

• TheLivingGod
    4 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Some rewards can be...

- Holiday appearances
    - Different Kyber Crystals for different lightsaber colors(maybe)
    - Accessories
    - Titles( Jedi Master, Sith Lord, Padawan, etc.)
    - Appearances that are better the higher rank you are(common, rare, epic, legendary, etc.)
    - Victory poses
    - Emotes
  • Nugmragn
    250 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Adding Skill Based Match Making has been requested since nearly day one by this community...that mechanic is a component of the even larger and more involved system you're talking about.

They are worried about fracturing the community between casual/competitive. The player base is already divided between play styles (troop v hero mains, large-scale v HvV, starfighter mains want theirs, small mode palyers tired, etc).

They aren't going to reivent the identity of this game 2.5 years into it. BF2 already has an identity crisis thet thay are trying to manage through knee-**** buff/nerf cycles. Let's not complicate this further :neutral:

Don't get me wrong, a more immersive experience and more rewards and reasons to grind are always appreciared. But it's too late in BF2. Maybe the next iteration of the franchise will be able to marry casual and competitive well enough to make this possible. But this isn't Overwatch.

...edited for spelling...
  • TheLivingGod
    4 posts Member
    edited March 31
    I really don’t want to change the whole identity of the game. I’m just asking for 2 ways to play the game modes, casual and competitive. Everything else can just stay the same😁
  • TheLivingGod
    4 posts Member
    edited March 31
    The rewards can come from the crates because tbh the crates are pretty useless so might as well put them to use😁
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    Adding Skill Based Match Making has been requested since nearly day one by this community...that mechanic is a component of the even larger and more involved system you're talking about.

They are worried about fracturing the community between casual/competitive. The player base is already divided between play styles (troop v hero mains, large-scale v HvV, starfighter mains want theirs, small mode palyers tired, etc).

They aren't going to reivent the identity of this game 2.5 years into it. BF2 already has an identity crisis thet thay are trying to manage through knee-**** buff/nerf cycles. Let's not complicate this further :neutral:

Don't get me wrong, a more immersive experience and more rewards and reasons to grind are always appreciared. But it's too late in BF2. Maybe the next iteration of the franchise will be able to marry casual and competitive well enough to make this possible. But this isn't Overwatch.

...edited for spelling...

I agree with OP. Ranked matches would fix a lot of problems in the game, the issue we have right now is that one part of the community have been playing since launch and the other part has joined the game a year down the line and even more have joined in recent months. You have such varied groups of skilled players that it doesn't make sense to keep randomly putting these players together into teams, there needs to be a balanced matchmaking system and I think ranked matches is a great way to get around this. I either get bored in matches where we are wiping the other team out with ease or frustrated at trying to carry an entire team myself, either way the majority of my game play over the past six months has not been consistently fun. I love those rare matches where both teams are evenly skilled, you get far better moments of victory and the defeats don't feel as frustrating when it is so clutch.

As for the game's identity, I think that's a lazy excuse for not wanting to implement a much needed change to the matchmaking system, whether that is through ranked matches or player skill levels. The identity of the game doesn't come down to the matchmaking system, it comes down to the content of the game. If you asked players to decribe BF2 they would say that it's a team based SW game with diffrent game modes, they wouldn't say that is a game with poor matchmaking a buff/nerf cycle.

I would trial this system on HvV of GA first to see what impact it has on the player community, the truth is we don't know if it would fracture the player community, it could actually bring more players together and improve replay-ability. You're going to see a decline in players as the game grows stale and the challenges dry up, new content will eventually stop being released and the game we will be left with will be the game we see now, I would much rather have a system in place that allows the players to create the challenges for each other by having equal teams face off against one another.