criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Quick update on The Battle on Scarif

Prev13
F8RGE
1050 posts EA Community Manager
Hey everyone,

We wanted to give you a few updates on Star Wars Battlefront II. As you may have seen, last week DICE began its work from home operations in order to best protect the team’s health and well-being.

The Star Wars team have now moved away from our office setup and into our homes.

Work continues on the game but the adjustment from the office environment into our homes has caused some knock-on effects to our workflows. We’re currently streamlining these processes and adapting as we move forward.

As a result of this we have decided to move the release of the Battle on Scarif Update to Mid-April. This is our new target time-frame but as the situation continues to develop, we will keep you posted on any further timing adjustments.

The next update will see Supremacy arrive for the Age of Rebellion. Headlined by the return to the tropical planet of Scarif, the mode will also feature a number of Age of Rebellion locations. We have some updates for Instant Action, including the addition of the Age of Rebellion as well as a new way to play offline.

Both Co-Op and Heroes Vs Villains will be receiving some additional locations and we can confirm that there will be some new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!

We’ll be bringing you more details on the Battle on Scarif Update in the coming weeks, alongside the full deployment plans as soon as we have things confirmed.

As a reminder we have enabled x2 Exp and there will also be a x3 Exp in-game event March 27-29.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefront.

May the Force be with you
The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Replies

• AW_Cramer
    556 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Thanks for the update. I hope we get fresh new maps in addition to Scariff...
  • JMaster
    2535 posts Member
    I hope this means Luke and Maul skins, but I'm still waiting for that Grievous with cape skin...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Feelee16
    2231 posts Member
    I had a feeling
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • I knew the update would be delayed. I knew it. Still looking forward to it though.
  • I’m curious to see exactly how Supremacy will play out without a ship phase. It stinks that we have to wait, but I understand.
  • F03hammer
    5271 posts Member
    9faagkngm86k.gif
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif
  • oof sounds awesome... but waiting isnt fun.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    Thanks for the update F8rge.
  • The delay is understandable... but still no GA? Come on!
  • wheres Jynnnn?
  • polarition wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    we can confirm that there will be some new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!

8bce9b3bhsdt.gif

If hes talking about mal, i hope its solo maul or Robot legs maul
  • parasite wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    we can confirm that there will be some new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!

8bce9b3bhsdt.gif

There's no way to tell if he was alluding to a Maul skin when he said that. I just made the connection, but unless he verifies it, it's just a guess. But, I'd personally like to see the Solo or robot legs Maul over a hooded Maul, which is what people have been asking for.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • It will be new forms to play in IA I want to see how it plays...

Hoping that be GA offline or a splitscreen mode for IA or more better, both.
  • Revan72
    1114 posts Member
    y82txo4q8l9s.gif

Lol. I had a feeling it might get delayed, but oh well. Still excited for Scarif. And the new hero skins. And I wonder if that "What fun" remark is a nod to Maul finally getting a skin?
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Whatever works for you guys. We can wait if it means you get to make the content the best it can be.
    My Most Valued Threads
    Star Wars: Battlefront II - DICE/Pandemic Hybrid | This Could Be The Perfect Battlefront Game
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157299/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dice-pandemic-hybrid-this-could-be-the-perfect-battlefront-game#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    B2 Heavy Super Battle Droid - SW: Republic Commando Droid Enforcer Concept
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155996/b2-heavy-super-battle-droid-sw-republic-commando-droid-enforcer-concept#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Supremacy/Galactic Assault Servers Without Heroes. Want it? Comment Here!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/156888/supremacy-galactic-assault-servers-without-heroes-want-it-comment-here#latest
    ec2n68e1acqh.gif
  • Imladithil2002
    381 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Great to hear, that the upcoming update will be quite big again. The delay is unfortunate but at the same time totally understandable. The only thing, that bummers me, is, that we hear about the delay so late. I wish, we knew earlier.
  • Cannot wait and stay safe everyone
  • Tons of details and the only thing my brain saw was 😱:
    We have some updates for Instant Action, including the addition of the Age of Rebellion as well as a new way to play offline.

• Batman20
    2742 posts Member
    edited March 23
    That's annoying I undertand why but still annoying also pretty much confirms no heroes or reinforcements. I think now would have been the perfect time to hint at those if they were coming to get everyone excited even after the delay. The fact you didn't tells me it's just scarif and skins with no other surprises
  • Batman20
    2742 posts Member
    parasite wrote: »
    wheres Jynnnn?

The fact they didn't mention heroes at all for me at least anyway pretty much confirms they aren't coming. Which sucks as they should be in the game with scarif and I was hoping they might come as a surprise. But surely dice would have mentioned heroes after the bad news of a delay if they were coming so seems like they arent
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    wheres Jynnnn?

The fact they didn't mention heroes at all for me at least anyway pretty much confirms they aren't coming. Which sucks as they should be in the game with scarif and I was hoping they might come as a surprise. But surely dice would have mentioned heroes after the bad news of a delay if they were coming so seems like they arent

Did you read the CT?
    It says "new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!"
    Read into that what you will
    @Batman20
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif
  • Batman20
    2742 posts Member
    edited March 23
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    wheres Jynnnn?

Did you read the CT?
    @Batman20

Yeah I'm reading that it means new hero skins how does that hint at new heroes though. If jyn and krennic were coming they would have either said or hinted at it by saying 2 new heroes will be arriving. Unless you think jyn will be a hero skjn then he's just teasing multiple skins
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    wheres Jynnnn?

Did you read the CT?

Yeah I'm reading that it means new hero skins how does that hint at new heroes though. If jyn and krennic were coming they would have either said or hinted at it by saying 2 new heroes will be arriving. Unless you think jyn will be a hero skjn then he's just teasing multiple skins

He could very well be, but 'appearance' has several meanings.
    It could mean skins as in 'looks'.
    Or an arrival. I prefer to think it will be both.

I guess we will wait and 'see'.
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif
  • Batman20
    2742 posts Member
    wheres Jynnnn?

Did you read the CT?

He could very well be, but 'appearance' has several meanings.
    It could mean skins as in 'looks'.
    Or an arrival. I prefer to think it will be both.

I guess we will wait and 'see'.

I definitely don't think he's hinting at new heroes it's definitely just multiple hero skins he's referring to. But I would love to be wrong so yeah we will just have to wait and see and with some luck maybe they might still come
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    Im not entirely sure why but this doesnt seam to hype me up. The hvv stuff i dont really care much for but normally supremacy stuff would hype me up and before the announcement i was actually more hyped. I guess only receiving news of the delay 2 days before hand wen we are all expecting a full ct to drop is one factor in it, if its delayed by this much they should have known it at least a few days earlier than wen we normally expect a ct.

Also for me i think its the fact i really dont enjoy playing as the rebels and half my time on supremacy is because we r the rebels. They have reinforcements which are underpowered compared to the empire, much more niche playstyles with the weapons they use so you have to be more in the mood for them and in my opinion just dont look as cool playing as them. I guess i just wish there could have been a new reinforcement which felt powerfull and looked cool to make me excited to play rebels rather than just waiting to play the empire again.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    I was also hoping to find out wat was coming next to be able to build hype on that and really hoping it was going to be a tie in to season 7 so i would be quite gassed about the future even if it wasnt this next update.

I dont think the devs have done a bad job, theres obviously content that alot of people were asking for. I just wish there was one part i could have got hyped about even if it was in two updates time.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »

8bce9b3bhsdt.gif

If it's a Rebels quote of Maul, it could be a Twin Suns skin. I could be wrong but I'd love to have his death clothes as a skin despite his Solo appearance was intriguing (hopefully that plot continues somewhere else like on Disney+).

I'd love to see a TCW Season 7 skin for him as well.
  • I'd rather have the update released right than released quick so thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the new hero skins. and I really hope we get a more comprehensive look at the update list before too long.
  • Flamez
    313 posts Member
    Fixing dookus lunge would give me something to do in the meantime and Vader needs some changes as he is dominating H/V.
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I think given recent events, the most important thing for humanity as a species is that we look after each other and ourselves. A game is trivial, a game can wait for as long as it needs to.

indeed not sure why you got an insightful

Check out my combat guide
    H/V Tutorial

"Remove the stagger from the game"
    adha7fa0seyg.gif

• Well since no update this month time to uninstall
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Not a surprise. The last drop was actually really good, so I can wait.
  • Will Scarif will be available for Co-Op? I ask because it is the only game mode that I currently play now.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Time to save up a ton of credits for whatever legendary skins are added. I want a dark side double bladed rey appearance
    Captain Rex is better than Commander Cody
  • Stay healthy
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to give you a few updates on Star Wars Battlefront II. As you may have seen, last week DICE began its work from home operations in order to best protect the team’s health and well-being.

The Star Wars team have now moved away from our office setup and into our homes.

Work continues on the game but the adjustment from the office environment into our homes has caused some knock-on effects to our workflows. We’re currently streamlining these processes and adapting as we move forward.

As a result of this we have decided to move the release of the Battle on Scarif Update to Mid-April. This is our new target time-frame but as the situation continues to develop, we will keep you posted on any further timing adjustments.

The next update will see Supremacy arrive for the Age of Rebellion. Headlined by the return to the tropical planet of Scarif, the mode will also feature a number of Age of Rebellion locations. We have some updates for Instant Action, including the addition of the Age of Rebellion as well as a new way to play offline.

Both Co-Op and Heroes Vs Villains will be receiving some additional locations and we can confirm that there will be some new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!

We’ll be bringing you more details on the Battle on Scarif Update in the coming weeks, alongside the full deployment plans as soon as we have things confirmed.

As a reminder we have enabled x2 Exp and there will also be a x3 Exp in-game event March 27-29.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefront.

May the Force be with you
    The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

I hope u fix mauls bugs i whould like to play him bug free with the new skin ;)

and what about the easter eggs i found in the first order stardestroyer can u pls respon
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    Me if a Darth Maul skin doesnt get added in this update after that tease.

5setzjomvqc5.gif

Imagine it will be only a lightsaber skin XD
  • Revan72
    1114 posts Member
    Revan72 wrote: »
    Me if a Darth Maul skin doesnt get added in this update after that tease.

5setzjomvqc5.gif

Imagine it will be only a lightsaber skin XD

I hope not.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Those new Co-Op locations wouldn't happen to be space locations, would they?
  • I'm looking forward to Age of Rebellion Supremacy. Wish they would just release it on existing maps even if Scarif isn't ready.