criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Has anyone Maxed a Hero Starfighter yet?

Even with Double XP they take forever to level up :(

Replies

• CC_1010
    3534 posts Member
    I know someone who maxed out slave 1
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    I maxed like 3 or 4, but is hard because leveling up is unbalanced compared to other units/modes. And also I had a bug that don't allow me to level up poe to max the last starcard.
  • i cant imagine the amount of grinding it would take; unreal
  • Not me personally, but I know others.

Most commonly, it’s Poe and Boba that people take to 1000. Fair amount of those. I believe there’s a couple Kylos and Yodas, as well.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    Not me personally, but I know others.

Most commonly, it’s Poe and Boba that people take to 1000. Fair amount of those. I believe there’s a couple Kylos and Yodas, as well.

My kylo is 40 now and yoda 35. Anyway the most difficult to leveling up are the falcons by far.
  • Genin wrote: »

My kylo is 40 now and yoda 35. Anyway the most difficult to leveling up are the falcons by far.

Max = 1000.

I believe that’s what OP is referring to.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • I've seen hero ships in the high 800s to mid-900s, some sweatlords are certainly on their way.
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »

Max = 1000.

I believe that’s what OP is referring to.

OH God, I didn't even considered that! For no unit, hero ecc... I prestiged almost every
    everything in the game, but I didn't "max" anything.
  • I do know of a PC player who has maxed out a few. He's maxed out Luke's X-wing, Poe's X-Wing, Kylo's TIE Silencer and Slave 1. He's like a machine doing them.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Majike
    181 posts Member
    When it comes to levelling up units, I consider my OCD satisfied when they get that gold shiny 'you reached the OLD level cap' thing. Been playing since the game came out; had all the heroes (save the new couple) at level 40 or above for ages; had all the other troops at the old cap for a similar time.

Leveling is seriously broken for hero ships. After what's nearing two and a half years of playing, I only have Slave 1 and I think Red Five up to level 25. Leveling isn't much better for vehicles; only last month, I FINALLY managed to get those darn speeders to the shiny gold rank.

Hero and trooper XP progression is fine, but ships and vehicles seriously need looking at by the devs.
  • Majike wrote: »
    When it comes to levelling up units, I consider my OCD satisfied when they get that gold shiny 'you reached the OLD level cap' thing. Been playing since the game came out; had all the heroes (save the new couple) at level 40 or above for ages; had all the other troops at the old cap for a similar time.

Leveling is seriously broken for hero ships. After what's nearing two and a half years of playing, I only have Slave 1 and I think Red Five up to level 25. Leveling isn't much better for vehicles; only last month, I FINALLY managed to get those darn speeders to the shiny gold rank.

Hero and trooper XP progression is fine, but ships and vehicles seriously need looking at by the devs.

I don’t think vehicles were too hard to upgrade to Prestige level (for me at least). It only took me two Triple XP weekends in Capital Supremacy (PT maps).
    Starfighters (and hero starfighters), on the other hand, I have barely even touched. I do think their levelling up takes a long time. In one Triple XP weekend, for example, I only got my Bomber class starfighter to Level 12 (which is my highest level starfighter).
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One

My Roadmap prediction actually was correct! Who would have thought it?!
  • If SA HvV followed the same format as HvV then it might be a little quicker to max but all items SA related are abandoned and ignored.
  • My highest level ship is Tallie Lintra level 6 :)
    Im starting to enjoy hero starfighters a bit
  • Umm... I can never seem to get a game of Hero Starfighters... so they’re all at 1..
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    vuguzqzbjxrh.png
  • I've abandoned trying to even level any up. It's just too time consuming. I think my max on any is around level 5
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Not even close. In fact, they are the only units in the game that I don't have at prestige ranks yet, I think my lowest (Iden) is level 18 while my highest (Boba) is level 34. Why so low? Mainly because the Hero Starfighters game mode is poorly designed, with no hero ship respawns. If they had given us a proper team deathmatch Hero Starfighters mode where we could respawn over and over I would have played it alot more and at least got them all up to prestige ranks.
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    I'm trying to get the prestige in every hero ship, the falcons are the hardest... The ones with lower level is 31 at the moment.
  • I got Poe and Slave 1 to MAX in October 2019, then I basically stopped playing SA
  • Yes the hero starfighters take way too long to level with standard xp gains. I have all of my hero starfighters maxed out (all purple cards), but in order to get to that point I basically played nothing but starfighter assault during triple xp weekends and during the triple xp holiday event from last December. Before all that my highest level hero was Boba at 19 I think, even though I've had the game since launch. I hope Dice lowers xp requirements for leveling starfighters in the future, because right now it's 100x more grindey than any other class/character in the game. Currently my highest level hero starfighter is Maul at 60. He can do some ridiculous damage with the right cards, and the fact that Dice has never nerfed him just shows you how much they (and the community) care about the state of the starfighter modes.
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    edited March 27
    I would imagine there are a few Slave 1's that have been maxed. Perhaps the odd Yoda and Kylo too, if anyone has any of the Falcons maxed out I'll eat my own face.
  • Ive got everything in the game to Level 100+ apart from the Hero Starfighters which are all around Level 50. I finally maxed the Officer Class a week or so ago and even though it seemed like a grind, its nothing compared to levelling Hero ships :(
  • Not even close. In fact, they are the only units in the game that I don't have at prestige ranks yet, I think my lowest (Iden) is level 18 while my highest (Boba) is level 34. Why so low? Mainly because the Hero Starfighters game mode is poorly designed, with no hero ship respawns. If they had given us a proper team deathmatch Hero Starfighters mode where we could respawn over and over I would have played it alot more and at least got them all up to prestige ranks.

It's staggering how bad Hero Starfighters is. Who thought dodgeball-style single elimination was the way to go? Who playtested this??
  • Even with triple xp for some reason it takes a very long time to level up starfighters. I doubt i'll ever get a hero starfighter above level 25
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • I have Tallie Lintra to level 70. Seen one or two people in the hundreds.
    tumblr_pat46jLFZt1uypt0go3_500.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    I have Tallie Lintra to level 70. Seen one or two people in the hundreds.

Great, I'm still working on her... I'm like level 32 right now
  • I have Tallie Lintra to level 70. Seen one or two people in the hundreds.

Tallie got screwed over so bad.
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    JackSpanky wrote: »

Agree... Sequel trilogy is plenty of stupid choices unfortunately
  • Just to show the calc of why nobody cares about leveling them up:
    • 960 prestige levels = 21 120 000 exp to reach Max when you are 40
    • You get 11 000 exp per game for a hero and that's a very kind average, it's a score for top players and only if you have a full game 15+ minutes and do not die as a hero (so you can easily double the final result for average players)
    • 11 000 x 4 = 44 000 (how much exp you make in an hour)
    • 21 120 000/44 000 = 480 hours

Nobody wants to do that for a secondary game mode (yes the 5 people that does out of all the players in this game amount to nothing). You can only level them up in starfighter assault as hero starfighter is a loss of time and not fun to play. They either need to half the exp needed to max out or make hero starfighter actually usable to farm/play.
    Props to those that did it though. The last classes that means something to have them maxed out since they don't have coop available to farm levels.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • JackSpanky wrote: »

Yeah I was hoping for more development with her. But I like the two scenes that she's in.
    I leveled her up yesterday from 70-73.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • why is Tallie Lintra in this game and not General Grievous, Jango Fett, Anakin, Obi-wan, or even Wedge Antilles?
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    why is Tallie Lintra in this game and not General Grievous, Jango Fett, Anakin, Obi-wan, or even Wedge Antilles?

I'd really like to have wedge in the game!
  • why is Tallie Lintra in this game and not General Grievous, Jango Fett, Anakin, Obi-wan, or even Wedge Antilles?

Jango is represented by the Slave I (though an Episode 2 skin for that ship would be beautiful).
    For the others, I completely agree (except maybe Wedge’s, since his X-Wing is generic).
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One

My Roadmap prediction actually was correct! Who would have thought it?!