criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Proposed Anakin Changes

I'm well aware I'm new to these forums, have been reading them since the launch of the game. I am a player who's played since launch and have well over a couple thousand hours put in to the game so I by no means am not uneducated on what goes on in the game.
Anakin was by far my most anticipated hero and when announced his offense would be second to none, it made me so happy. When released we all know what a mess he was. First game of GA I had a 101 killstreak with no cards. He was insane. Since then DICE has nerfed Anakin further and further into the ground, making him one of the most unreliable and bottom tier heroes. I'v seen a few posts on here about Anakin and they all seem super positive in terms of actually buffing him which makes me happy. I figured I'd make another one to help promote the idea of buffing Anakin, so my ideas are as follows
Stamina
Change stamina regen delay to 1 second and give him 16 attacks with 14 blocks. Blaster stamina is pretty good. I think his swing speed could be increased slightly.
Revert the change to Massive Strikes or either A) lower the stamina penalty or B) increase the damage. Something I have yet to see anyone mention is the fact that Grievous has the exact same stamina penalty, but gets 10 more damage. Seems a little unfair to Anakin. His Massive Strikes card was literally never an issue in my opinion.
Pull Dominance
Bring enemies back to his feet. Please. That used to be one of the best assets he had, now it's so inconsistent I pray every time I use it.
I think the damage is fine. I wouldn't mind even lowering the damage a tad bit to let him use it in the air, but that's my opinion
Heroic Might
Many months ago when I saw people making threads about buffing this ability, it seemed very mixed. Now I have seen that the overwhelming majority of players actually want it buffed so that's great. Here are my quick thoughts before the changes. It is unacceptable that Anakin has to 100% rely on a card to make this ability effective. Abilities are supposed to make the character better and it seems in its current state, HM is actually a liability with its bugs and unreliability.
Increase the base damage to 160 against troopers and 120 to heroes.
Allow for Anakin to charge the damage to cap at 350, dealing 400 with Raw Strength.
Base radius stays 10 meters. Can't have such a strong ability have so much range without at least charging it
Allow for the radius to increase to 25 meters when charged, 30 with Control The Force
Lower the damage reduction to 75%, It shouldn't be a win button with no drawback. There has to be some poison to it so you don't just stand in a room and take 0 damage like you can now when the damage reduction actually works
Make sure he obtains the damage reduction both before and after the activation of the ability, making sure he doesn't get melted when coming out or going into HM
Passionate Strike
Personally, I think it would work best if they scrapped the ability and gave him a Luke 2015 rush like ability but that's not likely. Instead I have a few ideas that could work. Either buff damage back to its pre-January nerf and increase the swing speed and add the knockdown back. Or make it a duelist-like ability, giving Anakin the ability to have one or two attacks from his main attack sequence go through the block of an enemy. Against infantry, think of it as like an Initiative strike like Dooku has.
Retribution
Honestly, with buffing Heroic Might, making Retribution much stronger would be extremely wrong but it does need a buff. Right now it doesn't do enough to cripple a lightsaber users health regen, takes WAY too long to charge for an ability that does as much damage as it does, and is just way too buggy.
So I think, buff the damage slightly to infantry to 330, and heroes to 300. Or make it last 3 seconds instead of 2, whichever is the more balanced.
Allow for Anakin to charge the ability at a slower rate than normal when taking damage in Heroic Might instead of not at all.
And make sure Anakin receives the damage reduction upon activation and after it releases. The other day I was using this ability in HvV and got yanked right out of it by Kylo. Needless to say I was not happy.
Star Cards
Tenacious: change max health to 150
Massive Strikes: remove stamina penalty/lower penalty or increase lightsaber damage
Steamroll: remove damage requirement and let him get a 40% reduction to stamina automatically
Pressure: Increase damage in epic state to 40

I apologize if this seems too wordy or even if it is just similar to other posts, it is my first post. I just wanted to voice my opinion on buffing Anakin because he needs one very bad. The Lightside needs an answer to Vader and I would much rather see other heroes buffed before nerfing Vader.

Replies

• Welcome! :)

I see people making similar points often, and they mostly say the same thing about Anakin and Vader. One of the more common posts is "buff Anakin to counter Vader!" followed or preceded by "nerf Vader!" meaning you'd have an overpowered character to counter an overpowered character who was no longer overpowered which would mean Anakin would be overpowered and also be without a counter. I'm happy this thread isn't like that, but it is kinda similar. In my opinion it's better to nerf Darth Vader rather than buffing Anakin to counter him, because Anakin has to fight more people in HvV than Vader alone. It would take more time and more effort to buff all the heroes to the Vader/Anakin level than it would to just nerf Vader to a reasonable level. So, imo, at this time the heroes don't need an answer to Vader because it's Vader that needs to change.

Right now in HvV, I'd say Anakin is generally fine. I'd place him in the top 3 heroes with Vader and Luke. He can be very, very frustrating to play against at times. If he pulls you as a blaster user it's basically just over for you, while as a saber user he can deal guaranteed damage before you can retaliate or block (and pulling enemies almost always makes them land at your feet in my experience). After pulling someone he can use heroic might to stun them again to take them from the fight for a long time (especially considering this is a 4v4 game and his teammates often have pushes etc also, and again, he has another opportunity to deal unblockable damage by using pull followed by heroic might), while passionate strike is... unblockable damage?

I personally think before buffing him in any way, they should maybe alter his mechanics to make him less... I don't know. All of his abilities can be chained to deal unblockable damage and I think that's the main issue that needs to go before he's buffed, in my personal opinion :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • A lot of good ideas and a lot of good talking points. There is a huge problem that you haven't accounted for, however. This is Dice. Even if they decided to 1. Fix his bugs and then 2. Buff/change/rework Anakin, could we really trust that they would be able to do both of these things? For me the answer is no.

My opinion is that they focus 100% on fixing his bugs, because they are many, and then MAYBE Anakin will have less bugs than he does now. But even that is highly unlikely.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    Welcome! :)

I see people making similar points often, and they mostly say the same thing about Anakin and Vader. One of the more common posts is "buff Anakin to counter Vader!" followed or preceded by "nerf Vader!" meaning you'd have an overpowered character to counter an overpowered character who was no longer overpowered which would mean Anakin would be overpowered and also be without a counter. I'm happy this thread isn't like that, but it is kinda similar. In my opinion it's better to nerf Darth Vader rather than buffing Anakin to counter him, because Anakin has to fight more people in HvV than Vader alone. It would take more time and more effort to buff all the heroes to the Vader/Anakin level than it would to just nerf Vader to a reasonable level. So, imo, at this time the heroes don't need an answer to Vader because it's Vader that needs to change.

Right now in HvV, I'd say Anakin is generally fine. I'd place him in the top 3 heroes with Vader and Luke. He can be very, very frustrating to play against at times. If he pulls you as a blaster user it's basically just over for you, while as a saber user he can deal guaranteed damage before you can retaliate or block (and pulling enemies almost always makes them land at your feet in my experience). After pulling someone he can use heroic might to stun them again to take them from the fight for a long time (especially considering this is a 4v4 game and his teammates often have pushes etc also, and again, he has another opportunity to deal unblockable damage by using pull followed by heroic might), while passionate strike is... unblockable damage?

I personally think before buffing him in any way, they should maybe alter his mechanics to make him less... I don't know. All of his abilities can be chained to deal unblockable damage and I think that's the main issue that needs to go before he's buffed, in my personal opinion :)

Pretty much this.

Anakin doesn't need any kind of buff whatsoever. Nerf Vader, end of the story.

• I honestly think the way to make heroic might viable again without making it OP is to make it High Damage Low range say 300/10 meters.
    If you charge it as the range increases the damage attenuates but the knockback increases. Maximum charge 120 damage/30 meters with knockback on par with Luke's push starcard.

A fair point raised with this was that reverting anikans pull to put people to his feet again would mean a cheap 500 damage ragdoling heroes.
    Fair enough either leave his throw unpredictable or fix it and remove its damage, leaving the starcard that adds 50 damage if you get 2 or more enemies.

Passionate strike for me should be Ani holds his enemy in place with the force and strikes at them. The enemy can still block, it does 200 damage unblocked, 50 through block but depletes 3x the blocking stamina.

Only change I'd make to retribution is to fix the DR dropping out too early so he doesn't get melted
    Welcome! :)

The damage that Anakin dealt per ability was never the issue. It was the fact that once you're in his loop, you're basically dead. If they were to implicate an immunity to ragdoll after getting pulled or pushed for a brief moment, this would be the perfect fix. That's what I've been wanting them to fix for forever and they have yet to do so. That's the only problem with Anakin in terms of him being broken. It was never his raw damage output of his abilities or swings.
    I get what you're saying but as a hero player, I prefer to have heroes strong. It shouldn't be easy for a single infantry to slap a hero. So I'll always advocate for stronger heroes, but not brokenly strong. I do think Vader may need adjustments, he's almost impossible to kill in the hands of a competent player, but I'd like to see what buffing a hero to counter him is like first. And yes, Anakin wouldn't be fighting just Vader in HvV lol but the LS is so weak that it really does need someone to help carry them and Anakin is the only one with a kit designed to kill in large portions. But you're 100% right, something needs to be done about his ragdoll loop. It's basically a death sentence to any blaster hero not Boba
  • moistboii wrote: »
    A lot of good ideas and a lot of good talking points. There is a huge problem that you haven't accounted for, however. This is Dice. Even if they decided to 1. Fix his bugs and then 2. Buff/change/rework Anakin, could we really trust that they would be able to do both of these things? For me the answer is no.

My opinion is that they focus 100% on fixing his bugs, because they are many, and then MAYBE Anakin will have less bugs than he does now. But even that is highly unlikely.

Well I'm glad you liked the ideas. I agree with fixing Anakin first, buffing him second. Right now the worst thing about him is not how weak he is, it's how buggy he is
  • I honestly think the way to make heroic might viable again without making it OP is to make it High Damage Low range say 300/10 meters.
    If you charge it as the range increases the damage attenuates but the knockback increases. Maximum charge 120 damage/30 meters with knockback on par with Luke's push starcard.

A fair point raised with this was that reverting anikans pull to put people to his feet again would mean a cheap 500 damage ragdoling heroes.
    Fair enough either leave his throw unpredictable or fix it and remove its damage, leaving the starcard that adds 50 damage if you get 2 or more enemies.

Passionate strike for me should be Ani holds his enemy in place with the force and strikes at them. The enemy can still block, it does 200 damage unblocked, 50 through block but depletes 3x the blocking stamina.

Only change I'd make to retribution is to fix the DR dropping out too early so he doesn't get melted

I had a similar idea to that of yours with Heroic Might but figured most people wouldn't be on board. Like 350 in the first 10 meter, 250 in meters 11-20, and after that it's just 150. I think that would be perfectly okay. Still very deadly, but not killing everything from a mile away
    Also, love your idea with Passionate Strike. Almost like an unblockable Freeze from Kylo.
  • I stopped reading after seeing give him 1 sec stamina delay regen with 16 attacks and 14 blocks.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• LordAhsoka
    15 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I stopped reading after seeing give him 1 sec stamina delay regen with 16 attacks and 14 blocks.

Luke can get 16 attacks and blocks with 1 second, Obi-Wan 17 attacks and 69 blocks with 1 second, Rey around like 24 attacks and 30 blocks with 1 second, all with their cards. Someone clearly didn’t do their homework. Anakin is supposed to have offense second to none yet is beaten by almost every single saber hero in the game. “I stopped reading” yet you find it necessary to comment so clearly you did read. Not even a few hours on here and already ran in to the toxic guy. What a shame. Just trying to make this game better
  • LordAhsoka wrote: »
    I stopped reading after seeing give him 1 sec stamina delay regen with 16 attacks and 14 blocks.

Luke can get 16 attacks and blocks with 1 second, Obi-Wan 17 attacks and 69 blocks with 1 second, Rey around like 24 attacks and 30 blocks with 1 second, all with their cards. Someone clearly didn’t do their homework. Anakin is supposed to have offense second to none yet is beaten by almost every single saber hero in the game. “I stopped reading” yet you find it necessary to comment so clearly you did read. Not even a few hours on here and already ran in to the toxic guy. What a shame. Just trying to make this game better

It's good that you mention these and homeworks too. It's time to fix the stamina cards.

Also Anakin should only be able to hit 9 times with Massive Strikes on, which isn't the case currently.

• NomiSunstrider
    3848 posts Member
    edited March 26
    LordAhsoka wrote: »

Luke has 10 swings and Anakin has 12. They both have 10 lightsaber strikes block, and Anakin has better blaster bolt deflection. Youre citing stamina values with starcards. Anakin has Steamroll. He can get better stamina numbers too. All he needs is 1.5 sec stamina delay regarding his stamina. Otherwise his stamina is fine. He isnt "supposed" to be anything. He is a character in a game based on balance, not lore...

And i did stop reading after the stamina numbers, therefore i commented regarding that.

And you should reconsider saying someone is toxic when you have no idea what i have read and written in my 2 years in here, with thousands of visits...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

It's good that you mention these and homeworks too. It's time to fix the stamina cards.

Also Anakin should only be able to hit 9 times with Massive Strikes on, which isn't the case currently.

Yet luke can swing 16 times with the highest damage and fastest swing speed in the game? No no no. That’s the problem. Anakin is nowhere near that OP with his swings like Luke is

Luke has 10 swings and Anakin has 12. They both have 10 lightsaber strikes block, and Anakin has better blaster bolt deflection. Youre citing stamina values with starcards. Anakin has Steamroll. He can get better stamina numbers too. All he needs is 1.5 sec stamina delay regarding his stamina. Otherwise his stamina is fine. He isnt "supposed" to be anything. He is a character in a game based on balance, not lore...

And i did stop reading after the stamina numbers, therefore i commented regarding that.

And you should reconsider saying someone is toxic when you have no idea what i have read and written in my 2 years in here, with thousands of visits...

Nah. 1 second. The overwhelming majority of people on here want it to be 1 second. 2 seconds with no abilities to help recover your stamina cripples him. And yes. He’s “supposed” to be the best offensive hero. Coming from DICE themselves. Try again. That’s what I was worried about here. People like you who get defensive over buffing Anakin smh. His stamina is trash. It’s by far the worst is the game. 1 second bud. If you’re not gonna contribute anything positive here you can see yourself out
  • Hmmm....

Yet luke can swing 16 times with the highest damage and fastest swing speed in the game? No no no. That’s the problem. Anakin is nowhere near that OP with his swings like Luke is

Oh i'm with you on that buddy, totally lol. I've actually been a partisan of nerfing Luke despite the resistance i meet on this subject (and despite said resistant knowing perfectly well that he is a head above everyone except Vader).
    And despite Luke being better in a vacuum, anyone would prefer having Anakin on his team. Anakin is fine, he only needs bug fixing (Heroic Might not activating), damage reduction and CC immunity or Pull not serving on a golden plate are not bugs.

Oh i'm with you on that buddy, totally lol. I've actually been a partisan of nerfing Luke despite the resistance i meet on this subject (and despite said resistant knowing perfectly well that he is a head above everyone except Vader).
    And despite Luke being better in a vacuum, anyone would prefer having Anakin on his team. Anakin is fine, he only needs bug fixing (Heroic Might not activating), damage reduction and CC immunity or Pull not serving on a golden plate are not bugs.

Yes but Massive Strikes has never been an issue. Dooku can swing 23 times dealing 175 damage each time and nobody cries for him to be nerfed. Same with Luke. 166 damage with the fastest swing speed in the game and people still want Anakin nerfed? Where is all this blind hate coming from, it’s ridiculous. I think changes need to be made to Luke, just like they need to be for Vader as well but Anakin has been the forefront of nerf after nerf to the point he’s at best mid to low tier in most scenarios. Idk maybe it’s just a bunch of Luke fanboys trying to keep their precious hero above everyone else but there is no denying that Anakin was way over nerfed and needs help.
  • Massive strikes has never been an issue though. Dooku can swing 23 times with 175 damage per swing and the fastest swing in the game and nobody cries about it. Luke has the fastest default swing and can hit for 166. Again, nobody cries. After it was needed the first time, Anakins saber damage has never been a problem, nor how many times he could swing. Changes need to come to Luke and Vader mostly, but Anakin really needs buffs. He’s been nerfed so excessively that he’s now at best a mid to low tier hero in most scenarios. I don’t understand why people hate him so much it’s ridiculous. He’s been absolutely ruined, whether it be because he’s riddled with bugs or all of his stats got put in the ground. Either way, Anakin needs buffs
  • Nerfed**

My opinion, anakin is horrible in HvV,
    First Passionate Strike:
    Horrible Animation, low damage and is easily dodgable.

Retribution:
    Low damage, small radious if the enemy team is good and doesnt just attack him and ofcourse its buggy.
    Pull:
    Its okay i guess but because of how buggy it is , it almost never works.

• Feelee16
    2195 posts Member
    Changes to his face and hair would be nice too
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • parasite wrote: »
    LaurenXIV wrote: »

My opinion, anakin is horrible in HvV,
    First Passionate Strike:
    Horrible Animation, low damage and is easily dodgable.

Retribution:
    Low damage, small radious if the enemy team is good and doesnt just attack him and ofcourse its buggy.
    Pull:
    Its okay i guess but because of how buggy it is , it almost never works.

Of the lightside saber heroes, Anakin is easily one of the worst in HvV. Even after Obi-Wans nerf to mindtrick, he can still at least hold his own whereas Anakin can’t. Heck you don’t even have to play smart against Anakin. Drain his stamina with Dooku and abuse his garbage Heroic Might.
    Retribution though, I agree it does have too low of damage and it’s way too buggy but the range is insane. There’s no need to touch that
  • Feelee16 wrote: »

To his regular and general skins, he should have short hair.
    I think long hair goes well with the robe skin
  • Feelee16 wrote: »

That’s actually funny because there’s a few small details about him that bother me as well. For instance up until now, Anakins boots and bottom of his robes never got wet or anything. It’s kinda hard to explain. Now it works for all his outfits except his general outfit. Walk around felucia with obi-wan and then Anakin in their general outfits and look at their feet, you’ll see.
    Also, the in era hero announcer doesn’t work for Anakin. There’s literally never an announcement from the comms that Anakin is on the field. Kinda bothers me
  • I agree with this. +1
    I'm well aware I'm new to these forums, have been reading them since the launch of the game. I am a player who's played since launch and have well over a couple thousand hours put in to the game so I by no means am not uneducated on what goes on in the game.
    Anakin was by far my most anticipated hero and when announced his offense would be second to none, it made me so happy. When released we all know what a mess he was. First game of GA I had a 101 killstreak with no cards. He was insane. Since then DICE has nerfed Anakin further and further into the ground, making him one of the most unreliable and bottom tier heroes. I'v seen a few posts on here about Anakin and they all seem super positive in terms of actually buffing him which makes me happy. I figured I'd make another one to help promote the idea of buffing Anakin, so my ideas are as follows
    Stamina
    Change stamina regen delay to 1 second and give him 16 attacks with 14 blocks. Blaster stamina is pretty good. I think his swing speed could be increased slightly.
    Revert the change to Massive Strikes or either A) lower the stamina penalty or B) increase the damage. Something I have yet to see anyone mention is the fact that Grievous has the exact same stamina penalty, but gets 10 more damage. Seems a little unfair to Anakin. His Massive Strikes card was literally never an issue in my opinion.
    Pull Dominance
    Bring enemies back to his feet. Please. That used to be one of the best assets he had, now it's so inconsistent I pray every time I use it.
    I think the damage is fine. I wouldn't mind even lowering the damage a tad bit to let him use it in the air, but that's my opinion
    Heroic Might
    Many months ago when I saw people making threads about buffing this ability, it seemed very mixed. Now I have seen that the overwhelming majority of players actually want it buffed so that's great. Here are my quick thoughts before the changes. It is unacceptable that Anakin has to 100% rely on a card to make this ability effective. Abilities are supposed to make the character better and it seems in its current state, HM is actually a liability with its bugs and unreliability.
    Allow for Anakin to charge the damage to cap at 350, dealing 400 with Raw Strength.
    Base radius stays 10 meters. Can't have such a strong ability have so much range without at least charging it
    Allow for the radius to increase to 25 meters when charged, 30 with Control The Force
    Lower the damage reduction to 75%, It shouldn't be a win button with no drawback. There has to be some poison to it so you don't just stand in a room and take 0 damage like you can now when the damage reduction actually works
    Make sure he obtains the damage reduction both before and after the activation of the ability, making sure he doesn't get melted when coming out or going into HM
    Passionate Strike
    Personally, I think it would work best if they scrapped the ability and gave him a Luke 2015 rush like ability but that's not likely. Instead I have a few ideas that could work. Either buff damage back to its pre-January nerf and increase the swing speed and add the knockdown back. Or make it a duelist-like ability, giving Anakin the ability to have one or two attacks from his main attack sequence go through the block of an enemy. Against infantry, think of it as like an Initiative strike like Dooku has.
    Retribution
    Honestly, with buffing Heroic Might, making Retribution much stronger would be extremely wrong but it does need a buff. Right now it doesn't do enough to cripple a lightsaber users health regen, takes WAY too long to charge for an ability that does as much damage as it does, and is just way too buggy.
    So I think, buff the damage slightly to infantry to 330, and heroes to 300. Or make it last 3 seconds instead of 2, whichever is the more balanced.
    Allow for Anakin to charge the ability at a slower rate than normal when taking damage in Heroic Might instead of not at all.
    And make sure Anakin receives the damage reduction upon activation and after it releases. The other day I was using this ability in HvV and got yanked right out of it by Kylo. Needless to say I was not happy.
    Star Cards
    Massive Strikes: remove stamina penalty/lower penalty or increase lightsaber damage
    Steamroll: remove damage requirement and let him get a 40% reduction to stamina automatically

I apologize if this seems too wordy or even if it is just similar to other posts, it is my first post. I just wanted to voice my opinion on buffing Anakin because he needs one very bad. The Lightside needs an answer to Vader and I would much rather see other heroes buffed before nerfing Vader.

Maybe a bit too strong.

This is what I want:
    Pull: Bring enemies to feet. Same as yours.
    HM: Buff to 150 Base on troopers and 100 on heroes. Leave radius and damage reduction as it is. Or allow it to charge damage again but lower the reduction to 50%. Fix the damage reduction bugs.
    Passionate Strike: Increase Damage to launch values and increase the speed by 50%. Revert the pointless Pressure nerf.
    Retribution: Just remove it. It’s more trouble than it’s worth currently and removing it would justify these buffs.

Either revert Massive strikes stamina nerf or bring Anakin’s Base Saber Damage back up to 140.
    Give him 14 swings and 14 melee blocks.

Imo these are what he needs.

Don’t complain about his pull if you are ok with Vader doing 500+ if he gets you in his choke combo.
    Stamina
    Pull Dominance
    Heroic Might
    Passionate Strike
    Retribution
    Star Cards

I love this person bc he knows what he wants and he is not greedy. I think that all the things he said where correct

Don’t complain about his pull if you are ok with Vader doing 500+ if he gets you in his choke combo.

I'm fine with Vader doing what he does, I'd like ani to be his counter as well. However I was saying other people will complain.

Ani and Vader should be powerful and with the revelations of TROS Rey should be on their level too

I'm fine with Vader doing what he does, I'd like ani to be his counter as well. However I was saying other people will complain.

Ani and Vader should be powerful and with the revelations of TROS Rey should be on their level too

If that's true, then Kylo as well.
    Stamina
    Pull Dominance
    Heroic Might
    Passionate Strike
    Retribution
    Star Cards

Maybe a bit too strong.

This is what I want:
    HM: Buff to 150 Base on troopers and 100 on heroes. Leave radius and damage reduction as it is. Or allow it to charge damage again but lower the reduction to 50%. Fix the damage reduction bugs.
    Passionate Strike: Increase Damage to launch values and increase the speed by 50%. Revert the pointless Pressure nerf.
    Retribution: Just remove it. It’s more trouble than it’s worth currently and removing it would justify these buffs.

Either revert Massive strikes stamina nerf or bring Anakin’s Base Saber Damage back up to 140.

At the bare minimum he needs 150 base damage to troopers on Heroic Might, I will agree. Personally, I would prefer damage charge up, but I'll take what I can get.
    I was actually going to suggest removing Retribution because I was making Heroic Might so strong, but DICE has shown no interest in ever removing it so I figured it would be best to talk about changes to it
    As far as his swings though, I think 16 is honestly fine. One guy said the game isn't based on lore, then why does the defensive master in lore get 25 saber blocks by default, miles better than any other hero's stamina? Anakin is known for being extremely aggressive and offensive, hence why I think it would be perfectly reasonable for 16 swings
    Stamina
    Pull Dominance
    Heroic Might
    Passionate Strike
    Retribution
    Star Cards

I love this person bc he knows what he wants and he is not greedy. I think that all the things he said where correct

By no means do I want him brokenly OP, but rather just a very strong hero like Vader. It's always going to be hard to balance Anakin because DICE designed his kit to be a killing machine in the large modes. I think Anakin should be powerful. Just like Vader, now Rey, Kylo, and Palpatine so I would much rather have Anakin buffed before seeing any of those characters nerfed
    Stamina
    Pull Dominance
    Heroic Might
    Passionate Strike
    Retribution
    Star Cards

Maybe a bit too strong.

This is what I want:

At the bare minimum he needs 150 base damage to troopers on Heroic Might, I will agree. Personally, I would prefer damage charge up, but I'll take what I can get.
    I was actually going to suggest removing Retribution because I was making Heroic Might so strong, but DICE has shown no interest in ever removing it so I figured it would be best to talk about changes to it
    As far as his swings though, I think 16 is honestly fine. One guy said the game isn't based on lore, then why does the defensive master in lore get 25 saber blocks by default, miles better than any other hero's stamina? Anakin is known for being extremely aggressive and offensive, hence why I think it would be perfectly reasonable for 16 swings

Ok 16 swings is reasonable then.
  • Axone
    505 posts Member
    This is logical and valid reasoning :)
  • Clone Wars skin should have shorter hair.
    rcla124lg23l.gif
  • Axone wrote: »
    This is logical and valid reasoning :)

Thanks! I do believe sacrifices can be made to him to justify making him so strong but I do think I was very reasonable.