criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

CS vs. GA (showdown)

Blitz3d
175 posts Member
edited March 26
zskfc8i34hs3.jpg

The matches are too short compared to CS wich can take +1 hour, too many heroes on the battlefield, short maps (not all), one example is Kamino, the battle is in a room... oh yeah and almost every final phase on GA is in a room.Objectives are boring aswell..
From this point of view, CS is more complex and he's involving teamwork.
IMO

Replies

• CT_1242
    579 posts Member
    Agreed. I like the objective based nature of Galactic Assault a lot, but it's more difficult to play the same maps over and over again in Assault compared to Supremacy, due to the story elements. However, no matter how awesome the concept is for having these smaller multiplayer campaigns with actual story to boot the fact that there are four Heroes per team and even worse, it's cross-era, honestly kills it for me. At least a bit. I still play it from time to time and genuinely enjoy myself! But too many Heroes, cross-era Heroes, everyone wearing different legions in Prequel Trilogy and the the fact that there's only so many missions per era drag it beneath Supremacy in my book.
    My Most Valued Threads
    Star Wars: Battlefront II - DICE/Pandemic Hybrid | This Could Be The Perfect Battlefront Game
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157299/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dice-pandemic-hybrid-this-could-be-the-perfect-battlefront-game#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    B2 Heavy Super Battle Droid - SW: Republic Commando Droid Enforcer Concept
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155996/b2-heavy-super-battle-droid-sw-republic-commando-droid-enforcer-concept#latest
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Supremacy/Galactic Assault Servers Without Heroes. Want it? Comment Here!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/156888/supremacy-galactic-assault-servers-without-heroes-want-it-comment-here#latest
    ec2n68e1acqh.gif
  • CT_1242 wrote: »
    Agreed. I like the objective based nature of Galactic Assault a lot, but it's more difficult to play the same maps over and over again in Assault compared to Supremacy, due to the story elements. However, no matter how awesome the concept is for having these smaller multiplayer campaigns with actual story to boot the fact that there are four Heroes per team and even worse, it's cross-era, honestly kills it for me. At least a bit. I still play it from time to time and genuinely enjoy myself! But too many Heroes, cross-era Heroes, everyone wearing different legions in Prequel Trilogy and the the fact that there's only so many missions per era drag it beneath Supremacy in my book.

Agree, there isn't as much officer spam in Supremacy, you don't run into heroes quite as much, it's not such a hero race, rounds are longer, etc.
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    So true!
  • I think CS is boring, there is no point in going back and forth on one map all the time, and the objectives are always the same. Booooooring.
    GA is more immersive, sometimes really feels like Star Wars movies.

Too true, running across Geonosis with my clone brothers while they wear Kashikkk armor, running with Luke in his hoth outfit as he runs to confront a helmet less Kylo, all while Boba and Finn have a shootout, so immersive!
    I'm joking don't get excited!
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    I think CS is boring, there is no point in going back and forth on one map all the time, and the objectives are always the same. Booooooring.

That's allright
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    I think CS is boring, there is no point in going back and forth on one map all the time, and the objectives are always the same. Booooooring.

Too true, running across Geonosis with my clone brothers while they wear Kashikkk armor, running with Luke in his hoth outfit as he runs to confront a helmet less Kylo, all while Boba and Finn have a shootout, so immersive!
    I'm joking don't get excited!

Ha! I see what you done there :lol:
  • I think CS is too long I don’t want to play for an hour in just one match. I feel like CS is too repetitive and the objective based nature of GA, is just better than capturing command posts.
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I think CS is too long I don’t want to play for an hour in just one match. I feel like CS is too repetitive and the objective based nature of GA, is just better than capturing command posts.

Yep, everything can get repetitive if there are no new maps, even GA. But i personally prefer a long match than a 5 minutes one and the loading screen is almost half of the GA match, not really but is boring
  • I prefer CS, less heroes , better locations
    ( since you never have to go throuht a choke in the ground phase).
    Also idc about the matches being too long, i usually never finish one but still find it enjoyable.
    GA is unplayable
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    edited March 26
    parasite wrote: »
    I prefer CS, less heroes , better locations
    ( since you never have to go throuht a choke in the ground phase).
    Also idc about the matches being too long, i usually never finish one but still find it enjoyable.
    GA is unplayable

exactly my thoughts, but sometimes a CS match can take 20 minutes or less if the team really knows what is doing
  • CS is boring. The AI ruins it since they shoot at you from across the map which prevents flanking. It never has intense moments like GA overtime. It’s a crappy version conquest. The ship maps should have been added for small modes as they are wasted on CS.
  • CS is boring. The AI ruins it since they shoot at you from across the map which prevents flanking. It never has intense moments like GA overtime. It’s a crappy version conquest. The ship maps should have been added for small modes as they are wasted on CS.

I admit, the only cons with CS is the AI wich is way too intuitive, therefor no stealth can be done, but still, there is no hero race and no officer spam

You know.. the trying hard bois osgn7hc3f4vn.jpg
  • Genin
    625 posts Member
    The best is conquest.

sorta agree, the most fun part about GA is the instense overtimes, but the rest is meh
  • Blitz3d
    175 posts Member
    Prefer GA over Supremacy because I like switching eras throughout the night and also the variety of objectives in GA. It's so satisfying picking up the ion disruptor and going through traffic and still getting the shot off on the Walker or MTT. Or covering someone as they get the shot off. Or finishing an upload or destroying the turbo tanks on Kashyyyk. And it's a lotta fun at end of maps like Naboo and Endor where its total chaos, especially in overtime. In the end, I guess to each their own and I can find good in both modes. It'd be nice if Dice could support both simultaneously.

Yeah, in the end each with their own. Would be nice from dice, indeed
  • CT_1242
    579 posts Member
    I wish Galactic Assault took much longer to finish. I love the longer matches of Supremacy as it lets me play more. Sometimes fantastic maps in GA such as Geonosis is over way too quickly for my taste...
    My Most Valued Threads
    Star Wars: Battlefront II - DICE/Pandemic Hybrid | This Could Be The Perfect Battlefront Game
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157299/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dice-pandemic-hybrid-this-could-be-the-perfect-battlefront-game#latest
    B2 Heavy Super Battle Droid - SW: Republic Commando Droid Enforcer Concept
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155996/b2-heavy-super-battle-droid-sw-republic-commando-droid-enforcer-concept#latest
    Supremacy/Galactic Assault Servers Without Heroes. Want it? Comment Here!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/156888/supremacy-galactic-assault-servers-without-heroes-want-it-comment-here#latest
    ec2n68e1acqh.gif
  • Regardless of faction and map, Supremacy just feels the same every match. I enjoy one or two matches, but I prefer the objective play, variety of units, and shorter rounds in GA.

The only thing Supremacy has over GA is the era lock.
  • Both modes suffer from poor map design. Beautiful maps but not every battle needs to funnel into a room filled with hero spam and surrounded by choke points.
    Concerned this funnel into a room design will happen with Scarif, like it did with Hoth and Endor, as well. SWBF15 Hoth and Endor maps were great, this game, not so much.
  • Both modes suffer from poor map design. Beautiful maps but not every battle needs to funnel into a room filled with hero spam and surrounded by choke points.
    Concerned this funnel into a room design will happen with Scarif, like it did with Hoth and Endor, as well. SWBF15 Hoth and Endor maps were great, this game, not so much.

Should they be attacking an open field? I never understood this complaint. Attacking bunkers and bases equals attacking narrow corridors. Geonosis is an open field map, and it’s easily the worst GA map.
  • CS is boring, same thing every time, not a whole lot of strategy, just running around from point to point endlessly, both teams wandering around the whole map.

GA is far superior, leaves room for a wide variety of tactics, flanking, and different types of objectives. The bottle necks create intense battles because you are trying to achieve a specific objective (the ship phases of CS also have this). Plus, having access to all the heroes, while breaking from eras, creates a wide variety of games on the same maps as different heroes can change up the whole gameplay quite a bit.

Dice -> PLEASE bring back your support of GA, give us the new maps!!
  • @FourStringBass4 It’s a matter of balancing. Almost every large map in the large modes funnels into a room where as SWBF15 maps had objectives in both open and constricted locations and all items remain available.

It gets boring running down a hallway into a room. Add in that there’s 8 heroes In these rooms with everyone in range of hero abilities. DSII and Kamino I can understand the more constricted location objectives but Hoth and Endor?

At least Geonosis maintains the feeling of a large scale epic battle throughout the map opposed to other maps where it’s just HvV within a closet in the final phases.
  • They both suck compared to 15’s WA and Supremacy.
  • Chico
    721 posts Member
    I haven't played Supremacy in months, and only then for the skins. Even adding ST didn't give me enough reason to try it again. I just see it as boring, repetitive gameplay. GA>CS. Change my mind.