criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The "Random Question"-thread

JBSeptim
1631 posts Member
Ever felt you want to ask a random question which does not have any context?

This is mine, feel free to ask more, or answer some!

Replies

• JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    One more: Am I the only one who gets claustrophobic on the MC85 Cruiser map of HvV?
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Does anyone else want changes to hair in game?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Why is there a rating pending icon at the bottom of the forum page?
    Captain Rex is better than Commander Cody
  • F03hammer
    5271 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Does anyone else want changes to hair in game?

jdpc04x434cl.jpg
    Rrrugh urrrawwwgh?
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif
  • Revan72
    1328 posts Member
    Judge me by my size do you, hmm?
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    Revan72 wrote: »

Actually no :)
  • Revan72
    1328 posts Member
    JBSeptim wrote: »
    Revan72 wrote: »

Actually no :)

And well you should not, for my ally is the force.

tet69lda13ae.gif
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Chico
    799 posts Member
    How much wood could a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck could chuck wood?
  • moistboii
    2142 posts Member
    Why do certain players (when we're both heroes) dedicate their existence to following me around until one of us dies? Think maps like Kashyyyk or Naboo first phase with plenty of room to operate. But they dont want that. We cant have nice things because of these select individuals. There is no rhyme or reason to what these players do. I wish I could get a inside look at what their thought process is during these situations.
    Be sure to unsubscribe & dislike as it helps out a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRouzdpRHBBptPtbzFekLA/videos?view_as=subscriber
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »
    Why do certain players (when we're both heroes) dedicate their existence to following me around until one of us dies? Think maps like Kashyyyk or Naboo first phase with plenty of room to operate. But they dont want that. We cant have nice things because of these select individuals. There is no rhyme or reason to what these players do. I wish I could get a inside look at what their thought process is during these situations.

I think it's because they consider themselves professionals, if they completely ignore that they don't play HvV. At least that's what I learned in a thread I read through before.
  • IIPrest0nII
    5591 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Just a note: if you posted this thread here in General Discussion section, then you should understand this should be Star Wars Battlefront related, otherwise the thread might be moved to Off-topic.
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    Just a note: if you posted this thread here in General Discussion section, then you should understand this should be Star Wars Battlefront related, otherwise the thread might be moved to Off-topic.

So far I tried to ask Battlefront related questions for that exact reason. Most of the ones who answered me did the same, but a reminder is welcome, of course.
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    Do you know this feeling when you think about which awesome features this game could have and get hyped up about it and want to play it again?
    (Only to play it and quickly be remembered why dreaming is necessary to like this game usually...)
  • moistboii
    2142 posts Member

I think it's because they consider themselves professionals, if they completely ignore that they don't play HvV. At least that's what I learned in a thread I read through before.

I meant in GA. When a hero ignores the entire lobby to chase you around the entire game.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRouzdpRHBBptPtbzFekLA/videos?view_as=subscriber
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    edited April 3

I meant in GA. When a hero ignores the entire lobby to chase you around the entire game.

Yeah, I know. By "they ignore that they don't play HvV" I mean that they vision is narrowed down to heroes only, they ignore the troopers. I saw that in Supremacy before and head about it in GA. Some heroes seem to think this is the best way for them to make themselves useful.
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    I have one more actually: Does Palpatine's lightning still disable aiming for Chewbacca?
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    Most random question ever: Can we finally get a buff to Obi-Wan? And yes, I made concrete suggestions more than once before.
  • polarition
    2662 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Have you ever... heard..... the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

vtvjuoldyz4j.jpg
    Oh, and because this has to be Battlefront related, I'm gonna say that's a line that should be added.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Why Iden Versio, Bossk, Boba Fett, and Captain Phasma aren't considered villains for Kylo's DMG&DR enhancing card?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Why do some players believe that light saber heroes are supposed to oppress blaster heroes in a PvP game?
  • Chico
    799 posts Member
    Why do I get Takodana 95% of the time I search for a match on Strike? And, bonus question, why Kashyyyk the other 5%?
  • polarition
    2662 posts Member
    Why do some players believe that light saber heroes are supposed to oppress blaster heroes in a PvP game?

lv6igghuv2aa.jpg
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Chico
    799 posts Member
    Why do some forum members humble brag how great they are with heroes and at getting streaks in one thread and then moan that heroes are too weak and certain infantry weapons/reinforcements are OP in another?
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    Why do some players believe that light saber heroes are supposed to oppress blaster heroes in a PvP game?

Because sabers are naturally superior to blasters, didn't you know? Their "style" value is so much higher that it must influence the gameplay so gravely that even a monkey can saberspam amy blaster hero to death.
  • Why are bounty hunters considered villains?

• JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    edited April 4
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Why are bounty hunters considered villains?

I think it's because the Bounty Hunters in this game work for the Empire more than for the Rebellion and during the PT era Bossk helped in Boba's vendetta against Mace, so also hunted jedi more than anything else. For Bossk it is also that he would never work together with Chewbacca, as well as Solo being the most well-known bounty target of the ST, at least among the heroes and villains of this game.
    Post edited by JBSeptim on
  • JBSeptim wrote: »

I think it's because the Bounty Hunters in this game work for the Empire more than for the Rebellion and during the PT era Bossk helped in Boba's vandetta against Mace, so also hunted jedi more than anything else. For Bossk it is also that he would never work together with Chewbacca, as well as Solo being the most well-known bounty target of the ST, at least among the heroes and villains of this game.

Fair enough. You are right about Solo and Chewie being targets. But, from a philosophical point of view, bounty hunters aren't fighting for a cause, good or bad. They are basically mercenaries. It's not like they're loyal to the empire. They're simply looking out for number one. Whichever contract is most lucrative is the one they take.
    I get it though. The rebellion are the white hats. Putting a contract on an empire bigwig isn't something a good guy would do. But, whatever.

• BlueSpy3DO
    1207 posts Member
    How is it that a series based around large scale game modes has turned into a claustrophobic corner fest with lightsabers at every objective?
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    edited April 4

I think it's because the Bounty Hunters in this game work for the Empire more than for the Rebellion and during the PT era Bossk helped in Boba's vandetta against Mace, so also hunted jedi more than anything else. For Bossk it is also that he would never work together with Chewbacca, as well as Solo being the most well-known bounty target of the ST, at least among the heroes and villains of this game.

Fair enough. You are right about Solo and Chewie being targets. But, from a philosophical point of view, bounty hunters aren't fighting for a cause, good or bad. They are basically mercenaries. It's not like they're loyal to the empire. They're simply looking out for number one. Whichever contract is most lucrative is the one they take.
    I get it though. The rebellion are the white hats. Putting a contract on an empire bigwig isn't something a good guy would do. But, whatever.

I don't say anything against the profession, but these two, Bossk and Boba, and also Dengar from BF2015, were among Vader's personal entrusted hunters, which implies that they worked for the Empire reasonably often.

Other bounty hunters, like the Mandalorian, or Embo/Sugi, would probably rather go to the light sight, would they come to the game. It's always a question of moral imo, and Bossk and Boba are simply hunters, unscrupulous and only rarely they allied with people we know from the light side.

Ethically it is a question of the character themself in this case, the profession of a bounty hunter is not necessarily a reason to be counted towards the dark side, you are right there. Their actions are.
  • @MikeDog5k @JBSeptim
    However Kylo doesn't view them as villains, the same about Iden or Phasma. Love how consistent the definition of Villain in this game is.
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • moistboii
    2142 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Why do some forum members humble brag how great they are with heroes and at getting streaks in one thread and then moan that heroes are too weak and certain infantry weapons/reinforcements are OP in another?

I wonder who would do such a thing
    afdsqfb2dcb9.gif
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    edited April 4
    MikeDog5k JBSeptim
    However Kylo doesn't view them as villains, the same about Iden or Phasma. Love how consistent the definition of Villain in this game is.

I see the issue you're pointing out, but Kylo is a character whose opinion I completely ignore for being very certain that it is stupid. Especially when it comes to ehtical questions.
  • JBSeptim wrote: »
    MikeDog5k JBSeptim

I see the issue you're pointing out, but Kylo is a character whose opinion I completely ignore for being very certain that it is stupid. Especially when it comes to ehtical questions.

OffbeatThickAstrangiacoral-max-1mb.gif
    Tired of BUGs?

• For the record I don't feel strongly about it either way. It's a philosophical question.
    I mean Bossk only cares about the hunt, where as Boba wants the paycheck. Sure Boba may have a grudge after Mace decapitated Jango but that's understandable. I get that in the game they are definitely villains. However in the larger star wars universe the worst you could say is they are amoral.

• JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    For the record I don't feel strongly about it either way. It's a philosophical question.
    I mean Bossk only cares about the hunt, where as Boba wants the paycheck. Sure Boba may have a grudge after Mace decapitated Jango but that's understandable. I get that in the game they are definitely villains. However in the larger star wars universe the worst you could say is they are amoral.

Fair enough, yes. It's an issue of simplification and for this game, it's the right choice. In the universe in general, they are both grey-area characters.