criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can you turn off sprint by double tapping the joystick?

CT_1242
2014 posts Member
Can barely even walk without the game thinking I wish to sprint...

Replies

• F03hammer
    5271 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Change from hold to toggle?
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif
  • CT_1242 wrote: »
    Can barely even walk without the game thinking I wish to sprint...

No, you can't. It's hard coded, so there's no way to remove it. Same thing with Lightsaber Activation/Deactivation and Dual Zoom.

These 3 features are hardcoded as extra functionalities for the move forward, interact, and melee input methods respectively. The only way to change these is to change which input method triggers each of these 3 original functions, which will carry the extra functions with them, so even if you change the move forward input method to another one, double tapping it will still make you sprint.

But as you're playing on a controller, you have even less options to customize these to your own liking.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • CT_1242
    2014 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »

No. If you double-tap forward on the controller's joystick you start sprinting. Otherwise you do so by pushing down said joystick. Pushing it down feels natural. Me randomly starting to sprint because my character thinks I double-tapped while walking or even worse, sneaking... it has literally gotten me killed in the past.
  • F03hammer
    5271 posts Member
    CT_1242 wrote: »
    F03hammer wrote: »

No. If you double-tap forward on the controller's joystick you start sprinting. Otherwise you do so by pushing down said joystick. Pushing it down feels natural. Me randomly starting to sprint because my character thinks I double-tapped while walking or even worse, sneaking... it has literally gotten me killed in the past.

Ah, ok
    roh39rsnzyf9.gif