criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Unplayable game due lag

Prev13456711
Hi all. I recently bought the game but it became virtually unplayable because of constant lag. It's only me? Thank you ppl in advance.

BTW I have a decent 25 MB/s fiber connection.

Replies

• Every time I try to join a game, I get a message every time saying "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network, online features will be unavailable"....

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Whenever I try to join a game it just closes battlefront and gives me an error :(
  • every game I hop into I run perfectly smooth at 60 FPS but there is so much rubber banding going on its hard to enjoy this game
  • I'm getting lag too. I have a solid fast connection and no lag in any other online games but in battlefront my guy jumps all over the place. Multiplayer is unplayable at the moment
  • I randomly get that, just keep trying. You eventually get through. It is annoying, hopefully they fix it soon
  • it's the curse of launch...
  • Started getting this error this morning, was not having any issues when I played last night.
  • Yeah, I have been getting this too. Was also getting this during the Open Beta. I have the standard disc version of the game.
  • I am experiencing the same issue. It gets to the loading screen before going back to the main screen and saying I have disconnected from the Playstation network. I don't see how that is possible because I was in a party chat which would not work if I wasn't connected. This needs to be fixed asap! I have reset the modem, unplugged everything and re connected to the Internet on the system. I have no issues with other PS4 games so this issue is specific to Battlefront. The same issue occured during the beta as well.
  • Could we get an EA/Dice post on this. Any info on this issue or link would be greatly appreciated
  • yeah its really frustrating especially when you know your internet and rig are perfectly capable of running the game
  • I am very disappointed and frustrated about this issue of the server connectivity. Every (and yes, every single one) time I join any kind of server besides the smaller game-modes, I get cycling messages of "Bad Connection to the Server. This will affect Gameplay," and "No Connection to the Server. Game will be Unplayable." I've checked my internet connection multiple times and there is nothing wrong with the speed or connectivity, so I can't seem to derive what the problem is. This is extremely frustrating because I am restricted to playing the smallest game-mode when I was really looking to playing Walker Assault and Supremacy at launch. If anyone has a solution, I would be glad to hear it.
  • This was a problem for me during the beta, and it continues to be a problem for me in the full game. I get kicked back to the main menu, and a "You have lost connection to the EA servers.." pop-up appears.

Any game mode I choose, it always takes me 3-5 tries to join a match (this makes me unable to play with friends).

Thought this would've been fixed by now. Please do so immediately.
  • Wow--is this due to server overload? A ton of rubber banding is really hurting MP. I have a great internet connection and advanced PC. Thoughts?
  • I am having the same issue, But my error says "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network". Was getting this during the beta too.
  • no issues here runs flawlessly for me so far. New build here at 144Hz and average 100+FPS on a 68/68 FIOS connection hardwired.
  • I figured out a fix to this issue. What I did was this, and have been able to connect every time.

Go to your PlayStation's settings, then to Network, then do a Test.

Now there is a trick, DO NOT let it finish connecting the the PlayStation Network. Just back out and restart your game.
  • Draghkar wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, But my error says "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network". Was getting this during the beta too.

I get this one, too. I just noticed I get either/or.
  • I figured out a fix to this issue. What I did was this, and have been able to connect every time.

Now there is a trick, DO NOT let it finish connecting the the PlayStation Network. Just back out and restart your game.

Unfortunately this is not working for me. This does force an EA log-out, but after it tries to re-connect, same issue.
  • WarHawk911
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Try to get 144 FPS for your monitor, or some refresh will have 2 or 3 time the same images and you will start noticing it ...
  • TaylorTower
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    **Removed for TOS Violation**
    Post edited by Figrin on
  • TaylorTower
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    **Removed for TOS Violation**
  • I'm having the same issue, not sure what I can do to fix it if anything. I've been dropped from the middle of a game with a connection error message as well. It's extremely frustrating, especially since it seems to have trouble getting me back in the match with a friend I'm partied up with.
  • Fix is not working for me either.
    I made a post about this over on the technical issues forum. I urge everyone encountering this issue to post their experience in the thread to help better define the issue and hopefully get a fix:
    answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PS4-quot-You-have-lost-connection-to-PlayStation-Network-quot/m-p/4952842#U4952842
  • Yeah same problem! I got the game and stopped at a friends house and it got on fine..I go home and go to sleep the next day I can't connect and it constantly keeps kicking me out of the server...someone help pleaseee!!
  • I think the problem isn't a stuttering one as much as it is that I make forward progress and rubber band backward--a lot. This feels like a server connection issue. Anyone else having this?
  • I'm using Comcast internet and experiencing no issues.
  • I was having bad rubber banding in both Battlefront and Battlefield. I ended up powering down my cable modem and router, that seemed to have fixed the issue for me.
  • I am having extreme connection issues with this game, that includes not being able to connect to a match (it says im connected to origin but i can find a game but in the loading screen it says cant connect) and having rubber banding issues. My internet is fine getting 10+ down and 3+up and can connect to other games perfectly fine
  • To those getting this problem:

I contacted EA support last night (they actually called me which was cool) and they confirmed the issue is their server is getting overloaded, despite the error message not being clear.

I was able to also personally confirm this because around midnight to 1am EST everything started working perfectly.

Hopefully the load calms down over the next few days, or they make the servers better. In the meantime, you should be able to reliably get into the smaller (<20) games as I was.

Lastly: once you start getting this error, if you follow the steps about testing your network (you don't need to close the game, just put it on standby) it actually does work because it forces the game to reconnect. I did confirm this would at least allow you to try again once stuck in the infinite rejection loop for all game sizes.
  • ded servers thats all i goit to say
  • Yeah I get this error will try this reconnect theory out
  • automaton wrote: »
    To those getting this problem:

I contacted EA support last night (they actually called me which was cool) and they confirmed the issue is their server is getting overloaded, despite the error message not being clear.

I was able to also personally confirm this because around midnight to 1am EST everything started working perfectly.

Hopefully the load calms down over the next few days, or they make the servers better. In the meantime, you should be able to reliably get into the smaller (<20) games as I was.

Lastly: once you start getting this error, if you follow the steps about testing your network (you don't need to close the game, just put it on standby) it actually does work because it forces the game to reconnect. I did confirm this would at least allow you to try again once stuck in the infinite rejection loop for all game sizes.

Great to hear that you received a prompt response. I am skeptical that it is a simple server overload issue--why aren't my other friends who have the game being affected when they play at the same time?
  • May I get a dev to please post something here. I have been waiting to join a game for 20 minutes.

The same "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network" error shows up. I'm a very patient person, and I would've thought I'd have a response by now- but now I'm starting to get **** off.

Fix this, now.
  • Is it me or has anyone else had problems with lag so bad the players were just blinking in and out all over in different locations?
  • I also have this problem, all servers, all times of day, any multiplayer game. just constant rubber banding that snaps be backward over and over again. Did not have this with the beta at all. Now I cannot play even a single match.
  • My connection is a bit worse than in beta too. Beta ran like silk I get quite a bit more lag at release in terms of ping times.
  • I am having the same issue I even checked my speed test and it was 70DL and 12UP with a 15 ping to the server but I rubber band like crazy only for this game. Every other game runs perfectly fine....
    The Beta even ran better than this i never experienced any issue
  • I can play multiplayer since game released. Until yesterday I can not connect to ea account in game, status on main menu screen is show connecting... For long time. :(
    How could I fix it.
  • vernorama
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    yep, like you my speedtests confirm my connection fine (80down, 10up, low ping). FWIW, my pc isnt the issue either-- and game plays wonderfully in single player/tutorials. But online its just a constant rubber band festival. I tried putting my PC on router's dmz, turning off firewalls temporarily, etc etc. didnt help. But this is only happening on Star Wars Battlefront. Since I am not having any problems in any other online games, I tried booting up one other Origin game (Battlefield 4, which I had not played in weeks), and it was rubberbanding exactly the same way. So, on the plus side it seems like a consistent EA/Origin thing from my end. But, lots of people apparently dont have this problem-- so what gives?
  • Every time i try to join an online game it takes a minute like it is searching then it says 'you were diconnected from the game server' What the problem?
  • Dude I can't get in. Deluxe version and season pass.

What a waste!

Tried everything u guys have done and then some.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    No network issues here at all, game has been smooth as butter.
  • vernorama wrote: »
    yep, like you my speedtests confirm my connection fine (80down, 10up, low ping). FWIW, my pc isnt the issue either-- and game plays wonderfully in single player/tutorials. But online its just a constant rubber band festival. I tried putting my PC on router's dmz, turning off firewalls temporarily, etc etc. didnt help. But this is only happening on Star Wars Battlefront. Since I am not having any problems in any other online games, I tried booting up one other Origin game (Battlefield 4, which I had not played in weeks), and it was rubberbanding exactly the same way. So, on the plus side it seems like a consistent EA/Origin thing from my end. But, lots of people apparently dont have this problem-- so what gives?

I just reset my modem and router and ran a repair game and it works fine now no rubberbanding
  • the0square
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Wow--is this due to server overload? A ton of rubber banding is really hurting MP. I have a great internet connection and advanced PC. Thoughts?

I have experienced this on some servers. Jumping back a position in frames, and yes, rubber banding as a result. I don't think it should matter about having fabulous connection speeds or ultra machines.. as long as you have the RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS, which I do.
    This was the same in BETA - this is release date, and if anything I'm getting the same faults.
  • I've been getting that as well, i'm not sure what the problem is,I hope they get it fixed soon though. I have also been having problems with lag and when i'm in game it tells me there is a bad server connection. Do you get this as well?
  • yeah it's been kinda hard too enjoy the game with all the skipping i had no problems in the beta at all and then the game came out and there is alot of skipping around
  • I am having the same problem. I tried every solution in this forum as well and got no results.

I contacted EA and they weren't very helpful and even mentioned they aren't sure what the problem is. Im also not sure how it could be server overload when it isn't happening to every player. EA told me to perform a PathPing, which I then did. After that they require you to send it to them by going into your account clicking on My Cases and then attaching the file. Now overtime I go to My cases it says I have no cases which is impossible considering they sent me a case number and everything. They even provided me with links to the case which also said I have no case. They said this is a glitch and that I should wait an hour and it will pop up. I waited 3 full hours and nothing was there.

This is becoming very frustrating as i contacted them again and spoke with a different Tech support employee who told me that I have to call my internet provider and open up ports directly to the EA servers. He also did not help me with sending the PathPing to them so they could find out the issue so at this current moment I still have no way to attach the file that they are wanting me to send to them. So they provided me with the two port numbers I need to fix the issue they say.

I contacted my internet provider and they told me to contact the brand of modem I have and that I would have to set up a new internet connection on my PS4 to give it a Static IP address. I shouldn't be having to do all this and I refuse to go through all this trouble for their issue! This is the worst experience I have ever had with online gameplay in all my years of playing online. I tried relentlessly over and over again trying to get into any game mode to play and getting Kicked out right after the loading screen for the game to start. I should never have to open up ports in my modem to get into a game. This problem also occurred in the beta with a different message saying it couldn't connect to EA servers. I am so annoyed with this entire experience

• Same here FIOS 50 up 50 down. Beta was great.