criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Unplayable game due lag

15678911Next

Replies

• Vextify wrote: »
    I think i know a solution, but im not sure.

Try

Settings>EA Account>The option that says automatic (should be 3rd choice)

Set it as your location

This worked for me. Thanks!!!
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lots of folks missing the reality of Internet routing.Your big boy connects/routers are but a part of the system.Traffic shaping and routing priorities beyond your control is just one thing as is the EA server software and HW set up
  • When the first patch came out, I experienced moderate lag issues for about a week and a half after the patch released. Now, with this recent January patch, I'm also having issues again. My hit detection actually works pretty well surprisingly, and I usually never have problems with it (maybe a few times here and there). But for some reason, I can't frickin move. Literally. My trooper constantly stutters/rubber bands when running, and it feels like I'm fighting the controller or the game just to move forward. I have to constantly click the stick in, and bunny hop over and over, just to move forward about 10-15 feet. I don't think the problem is with my internet, because I get anywhere between 20-25mbps.
  • Boostr
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah it was hitting me good yesterday. I have fiber service with great speed, but I was getting no credit for kills, when I used my Cycler the dude on the receiving end would just disappear when it hit, and I wouldn't get the credit, phantom OSKs on me with the same weapon when I'm unloading a full mag on the enemy, enemy shooting thru walls and killing me... I was getting somewhat butt hurt by all the lag.
    Vader is my dad...
  • It's definitely a problem with this game's servers. I will lag insanely bad in this game then move on to another game and that game is perfectly fine. In this instance, Halo 5. Zero lag in that game whatsoever. But half the time I try playing Battlefront, it's completely unplayable because of the really insane lag issues. It's most definitely this game's servers and not anyone's internet.
  • Still lags for my son. He is very disappointed, have a high end game pc and 100/10 mb connection, I know the latency is much more important but EA seems to haven't build their server park to meet the vast amount of players that want to play this game. My son wants to buy a Xbox instead but reading this topic saying me that it's roughly the same problems there. Know when the new update for season pass is released how does it work for everyone? We tried this morning without success, maybe Asia/Russia was on peak(we live in Europe), don't know, will try again later in the afternoon. The problems consists of mostly connection problem and lags when playing. EA please do something.
  • Saoldian wrote: »
    Vextify wrote: »
    I think i know a solution, but im not sure.

Try

Settings>EA Account>The option that says automatic (should be 3rd choice)

Set it as your location

This worked for me. Thanks!!!

Well, this hasn't really worked for me
  • It's better but not that good
  • It lags after the match has finished and sends me to the homescreen saying its lost connection to the ea servers when it actually hasn't
  • strdr
    69 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    -Platform: PS4

-Cox Communications ISP

200-300mbps down

50-100mbps up

The lag is absolutely terrible now. It disappeared during the two weeks the season pass purchasers got to play Outer Rim. After it went live for everyone else it's been a total nightmare. Crazy lag. This manifests in a few different ways.
    -Sometimes it's people putting seemingly one or two shots into you and you are dead while you unload 3, 6 or even 9 shots into someone. Get real.
    -Hits not registering at all because of the completely screwed up hit detection, which is, in part, due to the lag compensation/regular lag. If the person on my screen isn't really where I see them, then how can a hit register.

The lag has gotten progressively worse every day/week since Outer Rim went live. Now it's unplayable again, as I can't re-queue and get a better match lag-wise. They're all bad.

I have fiber optic internet that's hard-wired to the PS4, port forwarded, DMZ etc. Due to the lag compensation people with weak internet have an advantage and I end up lagging. That's totally ridiculous. How does it help gameplay when one group of people's lag is adjusted for thus causing another group of people to experience lag.

This really needs to be dealt with.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • There is a definite server problem. In most cases the Bad Connection symbol occurs when there is increased player activity around your character. For example, the arrival of Vader with his troopers plus a partner spawning in on you as you fire a rocket will, in most cases, trigger a poor or bad connection to the server. This is not always the case but it is a consistent "coincidence." The player numbers added to the sophisticated weapons, vehicles and player abilities also contributes to the problem. The server software has to deal with a large volume of data coming in at a rapid pace. Especially in a larger player game with experienced players going for it. Wether they care to fix it or not is to be seen. They still sell plenty of games ... but imagine how many more they would sell if it was great!
  • Manta
    15 posts Member
    mattyk wrote: »
    Holy crap, EA. Rubberbanding and lag like crazy. I want to love this game, but it's UNPLAYABLE with the server issues on your end. FIX THIS.

Talk about rubber banding. Check #6 "Batarang Nade". Thats what that is...
  • strdr
    69 posts Member
    Does anyone else experience this problem?
  • Well, it was said that the issue gets ignored by DICE and EA unless we notify them here, but yeah - the PS4 userbase is the largest among the two consoles, and dwarfs the PC userbase, and we seemingly have the most issues connecting to the game.

I posted a rant about this on my YouTube page - If you care to look me up, I stream humorous videos about being a Sneaky Pete on Battlefront, my name is JellyCakeLap, but again, it seems between the hours of 5PM CST and 8PM CST - I can't get onto even a simple Blast server without serious lag issues.

Look - EA. You already made us pay an amount for this game that would be ridiculous if I described what we got "out of box" to any other respectable FPS fan. I let it slide because it's apparent new tech went into the rendering and development of the graphics engine for this game -- it takes time to create content -- it takes time to create physics engines for specific content -- but these issues?

They ain't just glitches with graphical effects or odd character behavior or the simplistic AI in the (sic) Single-Player modes -- this is your server base.

YOU decided this was to be a primarily multiplayer experience. And you're delivering what reminds me of a Counter-Strike server from 2002. I mean, I kept wondering - 'Wow, sometimes, my KDR is like positive 9, other times, I can't STEAL a kill.' -- and then I look up in the upper right hand corner, and THERE IT IS, like a badge of shame: The 'Connection Problem' icon.

I don't often keep an eye on my televisions upper right hand corner, it's a pretty big flatscreen, and I'm usually dodging incoming laser fire on this actually quite fun shooter -- but it seems like I'm getting lag ALL the time during peak hours and some of the time when I'm probably the only one playing with people who are shut-ins.

It is NOT my 'internet connection'. It is NOT my router/modem/access point/any of the other time-sinks you send people on to get them off the phone and out of your face - I'm a network tech support guy, and while I'm no expert in the vagaries of setting up WAN and multi-user servers, I can reasonably handle my own network at home.

21 Mbps down/ 10 Mbps up - all the time. The cable company's fiber trunk is a block from my house, and while I'm no expert, again - I am nearly certain that it's NOT a connectivity issue on my side.

Please consider this as another 'Hey, PS4 user having severe lag issues intermittently.'

Please fix.

Thanks.
  • squipple
    142 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It is NOT my 'internet connection'. It is NOT my router/modem/access point/any of the other time-sinks you send people on to get them off the phone and out of your face - I'm a network tech support guy, and while I'm no expert in the vagaries of setting up WAN and multi-user servers, I can reasonably handle my own network at home.

21 Mbps down/ 10 Mbps up - all the time. The cable company's fiber trunk is a block from my house, and while I'm no expert, again - I am nearly certain that it's NOT a connectivity issue on my side.

Yeah, The up/down of your internet is less important (to a point) than your packet loss and latency as far as lag goes. Unfortunately you're not on PC, so you can't bring up the console and check your stats. However, you can get a good idea if you do a speedtest online on your computer and choose a server in the same location as the region you're trying to connect to in the game. Maybe someone here has a more accurate idea of what city EA's servers are in (or are they spread all over the place?), but in the US if you just pick any east coast or west coast server, the ping I get on a speed test is pretty close to the ping I get in the game. I've found if you're above 50ms you're usually gonna start seeing issues like seemingly getting one-shot, getting shot from behind cover and around corners. It'll start seeming like people can see you coming from a mile away. These are people with much lower latency to the servers. I've found (through actually talking to the people) they're usually people much closer to the servers than I. Up/down connection (DSL or Cable) didn't matter, it was their ping to the server itself.
  • DipswitchDan
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    squipple wrote: »
    I've found if you're above 50ms you're usually gonna start seeing issues like seemingly getting one-shot, getting shot from behind cover and around corners.

Oh yeah, I didn't shout out about my latency tests I performed before I had the cable company come out and test my lines -- but yeah, I'm under 10ms to Chicago for the Speakeasy one. I'm positive it's not on my end.
  • Dice or EA better fix this ***** in the next update I am so TIRED of always getting killed due to this ***** lag.
  • R_allen_l
    66 posts Member
    strdr wrote: »
    -Platform: PS4

-Cox Communications ISP

200-300mbps down

50-100mbps up

The lag is absolutely terrible now. It disappeared during the two weeks the season pass purchasers got to play Outer Rim. After it went live for everyone else it's been a total nightmare. Crazy lag. This manifests in a few different ways.
    -Sometimes it's people putting seemingly one or two shots into you and you are dead while you unload 3, 6 or even 9 shots into someone. Get real.
    -Hits not registering at all because of the completely screwed up hit detection, which is, in part, due to the lag compensation/regular lag. If the person on my screen isn't really where I see them, then how can a hit register.

The lag has gotten progressively worse every day/week since Outer Rim went live. Now it's unplayable again, as I can't re-queue and get a better match lag-wise. They're all bad.

I have fiber optic internet that's hard-wired to the PS4, port forwarded, DMZ etc. Due to the lag compensation people with weak internet have an advantage and I end up lagging. That's totally ridiculous. How does it help gameplay when one group of people's lag is adjusted for thus causing another group of people to experience lag.

This really needs to be dealt with.

This is pretty much exactly what I deal with 90-95% of the time. PS4, 100down, 20up, comcast high speed, open ports, DMZ, hardwired or wireless. PS4 shows 16-20down, 2-6up. Frustrating doesn't come close to describing this. *One shot killed often, sometimes from FAR away. *I have to hit opponents twice as much to kill them. *When I'm in an AT-AT or AT-ST my weapons barely count, basting people and they just keep running around, orbital strike on top of three people, 0 or 1 kill. *Sometimes it seems like my helmut has a laser magnet on it, like people cannot miss when they shoot at me... running, jumping, rolling, whatever, I'm getting hit. *Phantom Critical Kill Assists when I know I was the only one shooting. *Every once in a while (not super often) I actually get blasted into the air clearly before the shots, or rockets even hit me. *One time (only once) I started shooting a guy who wasn't looking at me and I died about a half second before he even turned toward me, he got the kill.
    Theres more but I'm starting to annoy myself being a complainer.
    This game has cost me $60 for the game, $50 for season pass and $60 for the controller smashed to pieces.
    There will be people who say I just suck. All I can say is, I hope something clicks and it happens to them.
    Unplayable, you guys think EA will refund my money? HA!
    Anybody else dealing with this kinda stuff?

This is my formal complaint to EA about my gameplay on PS4.