criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Unplayable game due lag

Replies

• it seems to be every minute or so, almost like its timed, I am going to time it to see. top right corner, game says it will become unplayable, crosshair turns into mouse cursor, lasts about 5 seconds. I disabled avg antivirus, I am using a r9 280x video card, windows 10, Logitech keyboard/mouse, onboard asus sound. cable internet 50mbps
  • I played a few hours tonight. It is DEFINITELY their servers. I noticed the LESS people in a game, the less laggy it is. And some games worked fine. Some are constantly horrible. Its just a matter of quitting out, and finding a different match that has less lag. Lesser amounts of players seems to help too.

But, now i know for sure. Its totally the EA server matchmaking. Something is causing a leak in latency or something..

EA, fix your servers!!!
  • Avarice85 wrote: »
    I've pinged a few people on Reddit, but is anyone else having this problem? All throughout my gameplay, i keep getting a sporatic notification at the top-right of my screen about Bad Connections affecting gameplay.

I've forwarded ports. allowed exceptions through firewalls. I've, literally, spent all day talking with my ISP trying to get this fixed. But nothing works.

Is this an EA thing? Are many other people having issues?

I've had this happen to me a few times so far. I've only played for 4 hours or so.. But it does suck that you are not connected to a good server everytime. I notice crazy lag too like I will fire zoomed in and I'll be right on them as they sit still and nothing, yet if they are moving just a little they drop easy..

I hope this server side lag and maybe a server list showing the ping to the server and anyone with more then 150MS ping cannot join unless they are in your party then it can go to 200MS or so. But I would rather play in 50ms Ping servers thats for sure.

I just think it's crazy that EA said that they didnt know about the issue. How could they not know about the issue.

On a console like XBOX One or PS4, lag is less noticeable since there is auto aim built in zoomed in or not. But with PC gaming your need to have your retical on them or you will not hit them.

• I want to post a topic about the error message "You were disconnected from the game server. Please try again."

If you've received this message, post here and any fixes to go with it.

I've had the game since launch and only started receiving the errors tonight. Anyone else?
  • VonAdder wrote: »
    This is an issue here in the UK as well! I have 100 meg up and 50 down no modem just straight into cable and i get the same poor connection error! I'm not a conspiracy theorist but there is such a thing as lag compensation.

Are us players with good connections being throttled? No of course not! ;)

I agree I also have pretty sweet Internet, I've always said the worst ur Internet the better experience u have I even thinking of resorting to downloading numerous stuff whilst playing just to even playing field! I get dropped within seconds but sum ppl take loads of bullets to die!
  • Please fix this EA
  • Good to hear I'm not the only one having this experience. was allready accused by fanboys in game for mention it.. DONT mention the lag!! :)
  • I think this is linked to Origin failing to sync with the cloud server.

I can play other games but not Battlefront everytime I try to play MP, it just says "connecting", and when i select my profile on the top left of the screen in Battlefront it says "You don't have permission to use this feature" something like that.....this hasn't happened before...
  • Same here, and seen many players complaining about it in-game. Never had any trouble with other games. Strong internet connection (one of the strongest currently available in my country), low ping all the time, but the rubber banding is absolutely awful. every 5-10 second my character spazzes like mad for 3-5 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

I contacted customer support, their solution: "Get a wired connection". Most reductive solution ever :l
  • OK so the problem is down and up speeds are important, but when you are playing the game Ping is what you are looking at if your ping is high then the lag and delay in game will be bad and if it's low then it will be less noticeable. Personally I cant play a game if my ping is more than 60ms on average my ping is 18ms
    and any ping over 150 I would consider lagging. and anything over 250 would be delays. (enough lag that pressing the button and the action being preformed by that button is seconds after.)
  • Me and my roommate are getting these messages. We share a router, but both running a hard line. This has been going on since the launch. All other games we play have no connection issues
  • McTebag wrote: »
    Setting a static IP on the PS4 and a DMZ on the modem for that IP fixed it for me

Not all of us speak tech. I mean, how the heck does one go about that?
  • I have been experiencing the same thing. Just got the game and haven't been able to get on because of it.
  • Yeah will 20ms ping times and the game is still unplayable in multi. I have Comcast extreme broadband averaging 100mb connection
  • McTebag wrote: »
    Setting a static IP on the PS4 and a DMZ on the modem for that IP fixed it for me

Yes can you please describe or send a link to how one would go about trying this? The fact that it's come to extreme measures like this is **** but if it works then it works.

EA you really suck.
  • I'm really irritated. I called customer service and got a whole bunch of people that can hardly speak English. If anyone has any input, please share.
  • I just started having this problem last night, and got the game on release day (PS4). I don't think it's a port issue on the user side.
  • I just started having this problem. I'd planned on a weekend of play with my son. I guess not now.
  • Yep get the message all the time too. Im sure randomly shooting me to servers I may not ping well on aren't doing me any favors either........
  • Yup the same error plus also disconnect from mp matches just started today,I cant play any multiplayer pvp. So from midnight release till Saturday morning est time everything was fine,come past noon and now ea servers are acting like crap
  • Giving this **** a full 7 working days until I hit up EA for that full refund citing "unplayability"
  • I have this really bad today. Haven't been able to finish any matches in the past hour, sometimes not even single rounds. There's not even any lag before it. It just kind of hits randomly out of the blue. It's getting very frustrating to say the least.
  • Setting a static IP for the ps4 and then forwarding the required ports for that IP address in your routers settings worked for me!! I no longer get the connection errors and am free to change game types at will.

I'm not the most tech savy, person so it took me about an hour and a half to figure out how to do this, but it was actually fairly simple to do.

I followed the instructions on the following pages to the letter and it worked perfectly. I still think it is rediculous that this was required for me to play this game (shame EA... SHAME) but I'm happy it's finally working.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS4/

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

I really hope this helps someone else out there too. Good luck, may the force be with you!
  • krahelm
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Sent support ticket and got called right away and this is what I got from the conversation. First off they seem to be aware of the problem and of course working on it. Seems the servers are being heavily used for players downloading the game and those are also the servers used for online play. Hopefully player downloads will calm down soon and we can all have fun. They told me to wait a few days and after about a week if still bad contact them and go from there.
  • Same problem, I load the game and it just says "connecting..." forever. Could not play the Beta because of the same problem, I assumed they would have fixed it by now. I will be returning this game since EA appears to have no plans to fix this issue.
  • Anyone know how to fix it at all? I found when using the internet while playing Battlefront it brings down the performance, probably because the game needs all my internet. Still then it freezes quite often.
  • krahelm wrote: »
    Sent support ticket and got called right away and this is what I got from the conversation. First off they seem to be aware of the problem and of course working on it. Seems the servers are being heavily used for players downloading the game and those are also the servers used for online play. Hopefully player downloads will calm down soon and we can all have fun. They told me to wait a few days and after about a week if still bad contact them and go from there.

Thanks for that. WIll give it a shot.
  • Update.

The syncing problem seemed to remedied itself right now Battlefront won't connect to the EA servers.
  • krahelm wrote: »

Good to hear it. I wonder why their stories are differing. The tech I talked to swore up and down they hadn't heard about it before... Oh well. Glad they are admitting to it now.

This means it will get fixed in a week or two, i bet.
  • Platform: PC

When I load Battlefront, it just says "Connecting.." forever in the in the upper left corner. The only thing I can play is the tutorial. I had the same issue with the beta, and plan on returning the game since EA has still not fixed this issue.
  • This is **** can't join any games keep getting stupid error. Worked fine in day one now it won't work at all. Every other game I have connects with PSN just fine anyone else having issues?
  • I was having this problem since launch but finally fixed it myself.

Setting a static IP for the ps4 and then forwarding the required ports for that IP address in your routers settings worked for me!! I no longer get the connection errors and am free to change game types at will.

I'm not the most tech savy, person so it took me about an hour and a half to figure out how to do this, but it was actually fairly simple to do.

I followed the instructions on the following pages to the letter and it worked perfectly. I still think it is rediculous that this was required for me to play this game (shame EA... SHAME) but I'm happy it's finally working.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS4/

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

I really hope this helps someone else out there too. Good luck, may the force be with you!
  • Top of the line equipment, and having the same issue. Haven't been able to play a multiplayer game yet.
  • I followed the instructions on the EA help site- reset my modem, plugged into Ethernet instead of using my wireless, and cleared my DNS cache. I also disabled Origin in-game. This improved things a little, but I still get a lot of lag and "slow connection to server" messages. Sometimes the game gets running smoothly a few minutes into a match. Other times, I find myself kicked out of a match with the game telling me I'm no longer connected to any servers.
  • I also have this problem I think it is a wide-spread PC problem. Happened to me in beta also.
  • Every Time I Join Multiplayer it says I have very poor connection to the server,then I lag and stop for about 6 seconds then die or I get beat to a power up.

I need help.
  • Two days ago it ran flawlessly on my machine and my sons. Today bad connection all the time. It's not playable....
  • Check this, cause I think I found my solution. In origin, select your profile and click "Edit My Profile". For some reason, under Region Settings, it said my Country of Residence was some odd thing. It wasn't a country, it was 3 digits, and weren't all real letters. I changed that to United States, and the next 2 servers I connected to had nearly no issues.
  • Check this, cause I think I found my solution. In origin, select your profile and click "Edit My Profile". For some reason, under Region Settings, it said my Country of Residence was some odd thing. It wasn't a country, it was 3 digits, and weren't all real letters. I changed that to United States, and the next 2 servers I connected to had nearly no issues.
  • Every time i try to join an online game it takes a minute like it is searching then it says 'you were diconnected from the game server' What the problem?

Check this, cause I think I found my solution. In origin, select your profile and click "Edit My Profile". For some reason, under Region Settings, it said my Country of Residence was some odd thing. It wasn't a country, it was 3 digits, and weren't all real letters. I changed that to United States, and the next 2 servers I connected to had nearly no issues.
  • Avarice85 wrote: »
    I've pinged a few people on Reddit, but is anyone else having this problem? All throughout my gameplay, i keep getting a sporatic notification at the top-right of my screen about Bad Connections affecting gameplay.

I've forwarded ports. allowed exceptions through firewalls. I've, literally, spent all day talking with my ISP trying to get this fixed. But nothing works.

Is this an EA thing? Are many other people having issues?

Everyone check your Origin profile. Under "Country of Residence" it had some weird 3 letter thing as my country. I say thing, cause not all the letters were actual letters. I set it to the United States, and the last 2 servers I connected to I didn't see the connection message and they ran much smoother. I still had some of the stuttering in the beginning, but it still played much better.
  • still doesint work
  • Same here, xbox one 85 down 20 up. Tested both network and multi-player connection in xbox settings and zero problems found, 4 full bar connection. All other multi-player games run smooth as butter.
    About 80 percent of the time it completely unplayable.....every several matches or so I'll get smooth gameplay out of nowhere for 10 minutes or so.....then gone
    A dozen other threads about this to include 1 of my own and not a single response that I can see from EA.
  • also try the additional ports on this page http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Online-ports-to-open-for-Star-Wars-Battlefront/m-p/4940292#U4940292
    as once i forwarded those ones, i haven't had an issue
  • Maestrolie
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi everyone, try forwarding the ports on this page http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Online-ports-to-open-for-Star-Wars-Battlefront/m-p/4940292#U4940292 ,
    as i was having issues connecting to the more popular games (supremacy, walker assault, fighter squadron), but not the less popular ones. Once I opened up those additional ports, I haven't had a problem. Connects on the first try. And I've tried everyone!
  • I play PC and have a decent gaming computer with high internet speeds. First, load times for each match stall somewhere between clicking "join" to "getting in-game". Most times taking 5 minutes or longer. This I can live with as the actual game play is phenomenal. Once in game, lag is severe. I've frozen in place for up to 30 seconds, and occasionally become disconnected altogether. This doesn't happen every match but has been getting worse each day. The one thing I can't live with however is this: I am disconnected after every single match. Every one. It just flashes either "victory" or "defeat" and freezes, 5 minutes go by, then "you've become disconnected from the server" and I start all over again. I'm not sure but I feel like I don't always get credits for the game. I've adjusted video settings to low and nothing has changed. The solo missions are not as laggy but the end game disconnect still happens. Two days of this and I'm ready to cut my loses. Like I said, the actual game play is terrific when I can load into the game and hit a spot of unlagginess. And this post is just to let EA and anyone else that may be concerned about this kind of issue aware of the situation.
  • I did have this problem, but it seemed to fix itself over night.
    Try powering down and unplugging your modem/pc for few min (let the memory clear right out) and then restarting it maybe? (I power everything down over night when sleeping, I feel that might of nudged it for me maybe)
    Head or gut?
  • Bumping
  • Kyosji wrote: »
    Check this, cause I think I found my solution. In origin, select your profile and click "Edit My Profile". For some reason, under Region Settings, it said my Country of Residence was some odd thing. It wasn't a country, it was 3 digits, and weren't all real letters. I changed that to United States, and the next 2 servers I connected to had nearly no issues.

Didn't work for me.
    I was able to play for a few hours but after shutting and turning on my computer when I came back from errands the same problem comes back. Not being able to connect or sync with EA servers and the Battlefront forums are buggy as hell, half the page just disappears sometimes.
  • same here bro