criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Unplayable game due lag

Replies

• I am so fed up...i bought the game and were able to play one day! I had some issues saying "you have lost the connection etc." but it was fine cos i still was able to connect after few tries. Now i have the same problem and i cannot join games because of this and it already happened to me at the beta. It is so frustrating that i cannot play and i used my money for this. Why in the hell the released a game with the same issues that they had in the beta?! And for the record i know for sure im not the only one with this problem!! Good going EA take the money and dont let us play!
  • Can you please provide us a bit more detail?

If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:

Region: NA, EU, Asia, AU etc…
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): What company provides your internet?
    Connection Speed: Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your Upload & Download speeds.

Screenshots or Private video links: If you’re able to capture a screenshot or video of your issue, please link it here:
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • I also have this problem. I tried everything that EA help said that I should do but still no luck. I really hope they fix this because I love star wars.

If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:

Connection Speed: Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your Upload & Download speeds.

Screenshots or Private video links: If you’re able to capture a screenshot or video of your issue, please link it here:

I'm really not sure what else you need.

We don't really need to screenshot this.

It goes exactly like i'm saying:

While playing a multiplayer match, you sporatically get lag. It can last 1-2 seconds. Or it can be a massive spike that lasts 10-30+ seconds, and even kicks you out of the game. Everytime it lags, the game displays a message in the top right of the screen warning about Bad Connectivity affecting the gameplay. That's it. That's all.

I, personally, called a tech, and spent 2 hours on the phone with him. We went through EVERYTHING. Modems, Firewalls, Forwarding Ports, DMZ's, other games and their connections, Singleplayer working fine - EVERY THING! EVERYTHING was troubleshot. EA even logged into my acct to test MY game.

I called my ISP before and after to confirm there are NO problems with my connection. This was confirmed as I can play ANY other game online. Do ANY other thing on line, like stream video, listen to music, open my school websites, et
  • Avarice85
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Part 2 of my post, because these forums are garbage:

Literally the ONLY thing having issues is Star Wars Battlefront, and ONLY when you use its multiplayer.

You're servers are not playing nice with everyone's internet. While the game works for many people, just fine, there is a huge portion of us that can't play the game for over 10 days now.

Speedtests for the majority of people are absolutely fine. Again, its only when we play on your servers with SWBF.

The rest of the info you need is info EA should be collecting anyways. How many people are on your servers? What regions are they from? What is their latency like? Are they losing connection and dropping?
    i'm not trying to be a ***** when I say this, but after paying AAA price, it's not our job to do all the troubleshooting. EA needs to be looking at this. I realize you mods on the forums are simply customer service; where the rubber meets the road, but please tell them they need to start digging into this.

They need to look at Reddit, Twitter, official forums, non-official forums - Heck, tell them to join a game, and ask in chat... I PROMISE you, someone is having issues. BOOM, you have someones in-game name you can grab, and do diagnostics on.. They need to do their job. They released a game that doesn't play nice with everyone's internet, and now many of us are days passed the refund period. So, you can relay this message to them...
    Region: NA (California)
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Time Warner
    Connection Speed: Download Speed- 74.40 mbps. Upload Speed-9.56mbps
    I suffer constant rubberbanding. Game was fine from launch until about 4-5 days ago. Constant lag/rubberbanding since.
  • It's over a week since launch and still getting this every multiplayer game. Cannot level as there is no cut off xp carried over.
    Getting sick to death of this and seeing people report it and EA ignore it in arrogance.
    It's not a problem at my end I am constantly running 74mb/s down and 20mb/s up with no reported drop outs. You need to fix this EA
  • Region: Australia

ISP: Telstra

Connection Speed: Download-8.2 mbps, Upload-1mbps

When ever I try to play I have to go from lobby to lobby trying to find a game and when I finally find one it is incredibly laggy and is constantly displaying the "Bad connection this will effect your gameplay" at the top right.

Glad to see a lot of other people are having the same issue.
  • This problem just dissapeared about 2 days ago, now its back again, so once again getting terrible scores of 1-13 ect ect, GJ EA!
  • yeah ea is so ***** can't do *****. I get this problem some times as well. But every first 90 seconds of game i get bad connection to game server this will affect your gameplay. So annoying literally every first 90 seconds of each games i get that. Ea fix this game plz.
  • Region: NA (California)
    Platform: PC
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Time Warner
    Connection Speed: Download Speed- 74.40 mbps. Upload Speed-9.56mbps
    I suffer constant rubberbanding. Game was fine from launch until about 4-5 days ago. Constant lag/rubberbanding since.
  • Pafro101
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same problem here too. Sufficient hardware, high-speed internet connection, even opened all recommended ports within the modem and shut down the firewall just for testing.... still horrible lags and "Bad connection to server" Icon showing up every once in a while, making the game unplayable.

EA, FIX IT !

Edit:

Germany
    PC
    Unitymedia
    120 Mbit/s stable connection

Same as @DugupFossil : Was able to play the first three/four days, now it's just freezing and lagging all the way.
    Post edited by Pafro101 on
  • England
    Xbox One
    Sky
    7mbps
    Worked fine until about 3 days ago and now every game comes up slow connection to server and freezes for a few seconds then gets better but returns in the next game .Definetly a server issue due to all my other games working perfect .
  • your servers suck!
  • play the effin game at home and experience the connection for yourself. stop asking people for info its common obviously.
  • TerribleBuddhist
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Bought the game few days after launch then encountered bad connections, tried to go to different servers unable to discern if it was my own internet connection at first as the game lacks simple ping or server browser. Currently unplayable levels of lag, rubber banding and 'bad connection' constantly appearing on my screen. Have tried all suggested fix's offered by EA and other no affiliated sites. Frankly would of requested refund but I bought this on GreenManGaming. Thus neither Origin or GMG is willing to refund me, at this time the game was a utter waste of money, which is a shame as what I was able to play was highly enjoyable and I was looking forward to playing it for some time.

Region: EU
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): BT Broadband (British Telecommunications)
    Connection Speed: Upload: Download: 25 Mbps Upload: 7mbps (not that best I'm told but it functioned fine previously)
  • Hi,

I am having this issue as well..
    Beta ran fine and the first few days after launch, now I rarely if ever get to finish a match.
    There is 0 lag when I get to play, but then all of a sudden there is rubber banding, the bad conneciton message in the top right and then ALWAYS disconnect.. I can have cmd up on the second monitor pinging servers in the EU and US and even ASIA and none of them drop any ping or gets higher pings when I get the rubberbanding and disconnect. Please fix your game or give me a refund as this is ridiculus!

Internet Service Provider (ISP): LOS Fibre
    Connection Speed: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4871784741 46.70 / 50.94 Mb/s
    Screenshots or Private video links: If you’re able to capture a screenshot or video of your issue, please link it here: no reason I should need to as this is clear as day what's happening. fix the servers! :)
  • This is completely unacceptable. Still unable to play since day 1. I get very bad connection. I am playing Black Ops 3 everyday. Why don't you learn from Call of Duty? I never have these problems with them. I'm done with DICE.
  • i've been having issues with rubberbanding since launch. some games are fine, others are almost unplayable. according to the ingame netgraph, the rubberbanding is caused by packet loss, but pingtest.net doesn't show any problems with my connection and other multi player games don't have issues either. this is on pc btw. the sound issues and gfx glitches are annoying too, but the rubberbanding is killing the game for me.
  • Your servers are absolute crap! No matter what time of day there is constant lag for your game. Every other multiplayer/online game I play is perfectly fine. So you can either get more servers to accommodate the amount of players, or eventually people are going to stop playing all together. But seriously, until you fix your server issues, screw you guys!
  • Guys, instead of posting angry rants, POST YOUR INFORMATION!
  • This problem has only started happening for me in the last week. Was running perfect before that.

I'm in New Zealand
    Vodafone
    12mbps down
    2 mbps up

Once the icon in the top right goes to 1 bar and turns red, I can't control my character at all.
  • Xandraw
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Once the icon in the top right goes to 1 bar and turns red, I can't control my character at all.

I get the exact same thing and I'm from Australia

ISP: Telstra

Connection: 14mbps down, 1mbps up

It also forces my character back into 1st person for a few seconds while it lags and i cant move or look at all.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FJYYmL2EjhM
    Post edited by Xandraw on
  • Same here, I can play other games with maybe some normal lag sometimes but this game lags even if no one else is using the internet in the house. My character freezes sometimes & i cant move until I get killed.(On top right of screen it say that game will be unplayable due to lag). At first I thought it was my Isp that was being slow(since it has been these days) but its just this game that freezes like 2-3 times on almost any match

I live in Puerto Rico

Isp:Claro

my connection speed : gonna show awful upload/down speed since i'm using it over wifi atm(but this aint the problem)
  • I don't know how helpful this will be, if at all but I've been experiencing this same lag problem since Friday. I have been playing SWBF over the wifi at home and running at 38Mbps Down and 11Mbps Up.

I've tried multiple troubleshooting theories, none have worked. So, just out of curiosity I disconnected from wifi and went wired. Mind you, I played a match before I did this of fighter squadron and was still getting rubber banding with the connection error in the top right. After the switch I joined in another match and it ran smooth as butter, zero issues.

This doesn't really make sense but for those of you ruining wirelessly, go wired and maybe it'll make a difference? I'm just sharing my experience with you guys in the hopes that maybe it'll help someone else out. I checked my connection as well after I went wired, 89Mbps Down and 13 Mbps Up.
  • I don't know how helpful this will be, if at all but I've been experiencing this same lag problem since Friday. I have been playing SWBF over the wifi at home and running at 38Mbps Down and 11Mbps Up.

I've tried multiple troubleshooting theories, none have worked. So, just out of curiosity I disconnected from wifi and went wired. Mind you, I played a match before I did this of fighter squadron and was still getting rubber banding with the connection error in the top right. After the switch I joined in another match and it ran smooth as butter, zero issues.

This doesn't really make sense but for those of you ruining wirelessly, go wired and maybe it'll make a difference? I'm just sharing my experience with you guys in the hopes that maybe it'll help someone else out. I checked my connection as well after I went wired, 89Mbps Down and 13 Mbps Up.

That's generally not working for anyone. Its part of the troubleshooting that EA made me do. Made zero difference.
  • KILLNRythm86
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I understand, as I said, I'm just sharing my experience with this frustrating situation in the hopes that maybe it'll help someone else out. I'll do some more in depth digging later today and see if I can turn up more concrete information. I only played a couple matches after I switched so who's to say that it is a "permanent" solution? Perhaps I just got lucky in the matchmaking placement and the issue is still present? I'll report more later.
  • Same as other people are saying. This was fine from launch and since the weekend its now throwing bad conneciton spikes throughout mulitplayer.

All connectivity is fine my end but the networkperfoverlay is showing spikes in the svroffset which is making the game unplayable.

Can't see that everyones internet is now the issue, i suspect this is an EA server load problem
  • Avarice85 wrote: »
    Can you please provide us a bit more detail?

I'm really not sure what else you need.

We don't really need to screenshot this.

It goes exactly like i'm saying:

While playing a multiplayer match, you sporatically get lag. It can last 1-2 seconds. Or it can be a massive spike that lasts 10-30+ seconds, and even kicks you out of the game. Everytime it lags, the game displays a message in the top right of the screen warning about Bad Connectivity affecting the gameplay. That's it. That's all.

I, personally, called a tech, and spent 2 hours on the phone with him. We went through EVERYTHING. Modems, Firewalls, Forwarding Ports, DMZ's, other games and their connections, Singleplayer working fine - EVERY THING! EVERYTHING was troubleshot. EA even logged into my acct to test MY game.

I called my ISP before and after to confirm there are NO problems with my connection. This was confirmed as I can play ANY other game online. Do ANY other thing on line, like stream video, listen to music, open my school websites, et

100% Agreed with this and all.

Portugal
    Fiber 100Mb

I opened ports, DMZ, Deactivated Anti Virus, I EVEN reinstall OS, Game, Drivers, I called my ISP, PC Medic (a very expensive specialized informatic company partner of my ISP) that sent a techncian here, I tried a bridge connection without passing through router).... EVERYTHING! I can play ALL online games, even EA games BF4, SimCity, NFS Rivals etc. SO this is EA Star Wars servers problems!
  • The game is absolutely unplayable in this state. I've had problems since day one (other online games work 100% fine). What I noticed this evening is that the Connection is good when I spawn for the first time. As soon as I die, the Connection suddenly becomes reeeeeally bad and prevents me from respawning. If I make it, it's laggy as ***** and I Need to restart the game + wait for a Minute until I even have Access to the Internet with any device (yes, SW Battlefront destroys my Connection, unlike any other game).
  • I am having the same issues. Game has run smoothly since it opened up. The last 4-5 days have been horrible. I rubber band in EVERY SINGLE MULTIPLAYER MATCH. Single player runs fine. I have reset modem, pc, reinstalled the game, nothing works. I shouldn't have to change a thing since the game was perfect for over a week and now I cant even run through a map. It must be server issues right??? Really hope they fix this soon..I'm past the refund deadline and don't need the headache when I get home from work to try and get my money back

Region: Central US
    ISP: Comcast
    (Connection Speed is not the problem)
  • game is still unplayable for me most of the time. todays patch has helped with the rubber banding but i'm still getting lots of packet loss.
  • Rubber Banding has stopped. I can Play a full game on PS4 without any Problems. BUT when I'm in the Lobby to wait for the next game, I usually get the "bad Connection" Symbol and get logged out of my EA account (+ the whole Internet shuts down. My Router/modem's web Interface gets reeeeally slow and the Internet Connection is gone on my computer). I've made it to a second game on the same Server once without any "bad Connection" Symbol, but got teleported to the Main Menu as soon as I had died.
  • This is ridiculous. The patch is out and the Battle of Jakku is out and yet I'm still unable to play this. I remind you, I have paid full price and I'm unable to play even for 5 minutes since day 1. I get very bad connection. I remind you again that I play other multi-player games with no problem.
  • Region: EU
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Virgin
    Connection Speed: 41.4mb down / 6.9mb up

Example:

Not having issues with any other games.
  • modokomodo wrote: »

Example:

THIS THIS THIS! exactly this, EA! But happening anywhere from every 10 seconds, to ever minute or two.
  • The thing that I get that I don't see in that video is that when I get very bad connection red warning, my mouse detaches. I see a mouse pointer on screen that I can freely move. This happens to people?
  • Same issue for me on PS4. Constant 'bad connection' despite other games running smoothly.

I was hoping the patch was going to address the issue, sadly not.
  • ClutchCity227
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Apparently the server reset did NOTHING...this is ridiculous...game was smooth as butter for 2 weeks
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • This game unplayable now,so laggy,game keeping tell me bad network. But when I get in to vehicle,the lag gone, thats so ridiculous! My platform is PC.
  • Chubs63
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yep fired up the game yesterday after having a break, and STILL the bad connection message, are you serious EA FIX TTHIS!

PC VERSION is not only riddled with cheaters but this crap aswell!
  • Today it's back to rubberbanding + losing Connection to EA Servers an altogether. After a minute I managed to log into my EA account ingame, but when I try to enter a game the Server browser just stays blank until it tells me I've lost Connection. Same old, same old.
    FIX THIS PLEASE.
  • Does anyone have this issue ONLY when playing the new "Turning Point" game mode (Battle of Jakku)?

I bought this game at launch (for the PC) and had literally zero issues. I still don't have any issues when I play any other game mode, but when I want to play the new "Turning Point" mode, it lags so bad, it's like a slide show.
  • I thought it had something to do with it. But I got to Play a round of Turning Point without any Problems (except the tried and proven "Bad Connection" and connection loss when the second round was about to start) today, same with the other Jakku Maps.

I think Battelfront doesn't like it when a lot of Players join a game (as is always the case when a new round starts).
  • I think it's something else and it has to be related to the patch because now it also happened in a Heroes vs. Villains match - same choppy laggy unplayable experience. Started right after the patch :(
  • modokomodo wrote: »

Example:

I am having very similar performance on XBone. I will rubber-band or stutter briefly, and constantly get "bad connection" messages. I have NEVER had connection issues playing any other game with my connection and streamed HD video earlier in the day with no issue.

Seems to be worse in the large game modes, which does not sound good for EA. Really hope they get this sorted out, it's extremely frustrating.
  • Same here in Poland. I have massive rubber banding and 'slow connection' icon a few times in every single multiplayer game.

My internet connection is fine (6 ping, 17,74 download, 5,2 upload).

EA please fix this issue
  • Superlo wrote: »
    Same here in Poland. I have massive rubber banding and 'slow connection' icon a few times in every single multiplayer game.

My internet connection is fine (6 ping, 17,74 download, 5,2 upload).

EA please fix this issue

Just for the record - did this start happening after the recent patch (from 1 Dec)?
  • Avarice85 wrote: »
    I've pinged a few people on Reddit, but is anyone else having this problem? All throughout my gameplay, i keep getting a sporatic notification at the top-right of my screen about Bad Connections affecting gameplay.

I've forwarded ports. allowed exceptions through firewalls. I've, literally, spent all day talking with my ISP trying to get this fixed. But nothing works.

Is this an EA thing? Are many other people having issues?

It's an EA thing. One day is ok, the next is laggy and unplayable. Crap servers!
  • Matzebacke
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    https://youtu.be/ni9iKocpcq0

This happened to me around half an hour ago. The "bad Connection" sign (three Bars) came on and off during that match, too, but without much rubberbanding.