criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Supreme Leader Snoke looks more like...

After looking at the released photos of Snoke, I'm even less convinced by the popular theory that he is Plagueis. He just doesn't look Muun. Personally, I could more see him being Pau'an, which is interesting because I can actually see the resemblance to the Grand Inquisitor in
Rebels. Thoughts?

Replies

• I think he looks like Gollum :D (but all of Andy Serkis' characters look a bit like him)

I like the Plagueis theory, but agree that he doesn't look very Muun. But maybe he's just disfigured enough that it's not obvious... I'd like it if they made him Darth Plagueis but would also be surprised. I do think it would be neat if Snoke ends up leading the Rebellion to the Death Star plans in Rogue One to get rid of Palpatine, who would be his rival...
  • Plagueis being Muun isn't canon. He's Plagueis
    All hail Thepoolshark, savior of the forums, Lord of TOS and destroyer of trolls and whiny scrubs. Thou shalt bow down before his majesty
  • Plagueis being Muun isn't canon. He's Plagueis

Sometimes Star Wars canon will pull ideas from the EU or Legends and make them canon. Also, I believe the author of the DP book consulted heavily with Lucasfilm and was either told that DP was a Muun or they came up with the idea together.

I really can't wait for the day that it's confirmed Snoke is not Plageuis. Why in God's name would he even call himself "Snoke" anyways?

It's just not going to happen. Wrong race, Plagueis died, wrong name, and JJ has confirmed that Snoke IS NOT A SITH. Plageuis was very, very much a Sith.
  • MattC
    90 posts Member
    Yeah I totally agree, and I think that Snoke being a former Inquisitor is a far more compelling theory because it would match with the whole "dark Jedi, not Sith" vibe that they are making with Kylo Ren.
  • MattC wrote: »
    After looking at the released photos of Snoke, I'm even less convinced by the popular theory that he is Plagueis. He just doesn't look Muun. Personally, I could more see him being Pau'an, which is interesting because I can actually see the resemblance to the Grand Inquisitor in
    Rebels. Thoughts?
    WHAT IF HE IS PALPATINE?!
    What you looking at?
  • @GyozaGuy
    GyozaGuy wrote: »
    I think he looks like Gollum :D

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT :p