criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Freezing Game

DO2L
129 posts Member
Anyone else getting this problem? Experienced once before tonight's Xbox update, now I play 10-15 minutes and game freezes. I have to hit home button and then quit.

Replies

• I've been getting the red badge in the corner of the screen frequently the last couple of nights, making the game frustratingly unplayable. Hoping it clears up soon, as the game was working perfectly when I bought it.
  • PC Master Race
    Football and Battlefront
  • Weird. No freezing on my XB1.

If it continues, couple of thing to try: hold XB1 power button for 15sec to reset (recommend doing this once a week anyway to ensure greater system stability), uninstall/reinstall game, last ditch effort: reset the XB1 to factory defaults and reinstall game.

One thing I have noticed about XB1 is if you turn it off ( hibernate) while games/apps are still in memory, and then awaken it, the system tends to glitch quickly this way. I always manually shut down games/apps before turning off the XB1, and this helps a bunch in terms of stability.
  • I've noticed that sometimes when I go back to a game without fully starting it from the beginning it can feel laggy an choppy. I end up doing a restart on the console and it works fine again. Doesn't happen often, only occasionally.
  • I've noticed that sometimes when I go back to a game without fully starting it from the beginning it can feel laggy an choppy. I end up doing a restart on the console and it works fine again. Doesn't happen often, only occasionally.

+1 for Calgarian. Chilly willy out there today. Brrr. Can't wait to get home and play some Hoth. lol