criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Knights of the Fallen Empire vs Battlefront

One mmorpg-expansion and one new fps-game. What will you play the most until The Force Awakens hits the theater?

Star Wars vs Star Wars. Or will you just sit and watch Rebels on the TV?
Wilfer88, Sith Lord and warrior from the forrest of Hälsingland.

Replies

• Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I stopped playing TOR a few months ago, and this new expansion doesn't interest me unfortunately. I haven't even reinstalled the game since upgrading to Windows 10. :(

Edit: I guess I got burnt out. I put many, many hours into TOR. All worth it, of course. Many good times playing that game while on TS.

I'm unable to watch Rebels on the telly. I'm waiting for season 2 to be available on iTunes.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • They are not mutually exclusive. Play Battlefront Beta, then about a week later play SWTOR's new expansion, and finish the new expansion content just in time to play Battlefield at launch.
    ORIGIN ID: JoboOrigin - TeamSpeak Server: ts3.madcastgaming.com:10028
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    Considering i have a PC i can play both.
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • Man Star Wars clone wars was the best
  • Indeed. It sucks that it was canned before they were finished.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Darark1 wrote: »
    Man Star Wars clone wars was the best

This seemed to be my favourite too.
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • i tried watching it but the art style just put me off
    76561198071153223.png
  • Fallout 4
    Remember peace is a lie.
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    Enjoy your Gamebryo™
    76561198071153223.png
  • Battlefront.

I played quite a bit of The Old Republic when the Australian servers were up (glorious 40 ping!), but then Bioware removed ALL of them and forced me onto a USA server (disastrous 375 ping!).
    So them removing the AUS servers really killed my interest in the game, which is sad because I did enjoy it.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    Does 350ping really break a mmo ?
    76561198071153223.png
  • kellar wrote: »
    Does 350ping really break a mmo ?

It makes everything feel sluggish and delayed.
    While it isn't an action MMO where it's critical, after feeling the silky smoothness of the 40 ping, the jump was far too jarring.

Even in WoW. They never used to have Australian servers, it was called Oceanic, but in truth it was hosted in America. But a couple years ago they moved the server to Australia.
    The jump once again was from the previous 350-400 ping, down to about roughly 40 ping and the game instantly felt better, quicker and more responsive.

It simply feels and plays better. For example, I couldn't imagine playing a shooter game at anything over 70 ping. While it isn't breaking for ToR, it was noticeable enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth of the new experience. I personally didn't feel like paying a subscription of the same price for a lesser experience.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>