criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Request: changes/additions to EXISTING offline modes

I just wanted to make a quick post about changing things in the existing offline modes. I feel like changes to the existing modes could add some overall value to playing offline. This isn't a topic that is meant to compete with the 'Offline Bots' campaign: I too would like bots, but I also enjoy some of the offline offerings that EA/Dice has come up with, and would like to see them improved as well.

Battles
-please kill the coin concept and just have a death count as points or whatever. The coins look really gaudy and I ceased playing that mode within a day of release (I'm not joking) because it kills the realism of the universe and makes no logical sense. Floating coins doesn't feel like Star Wars - it feels too arcade-y.

Survival Mode
-please add some of the multiplayer maps to Survival! The small map on Jakku is my top choice, but it would also be great to get the small Sullust and Endor maps too (Endor would be a super unique addition, given its indoor/outdoor nature). I am looking forward to the additional maps we will receive for these modes in Feb and March, but I think SWBF has some existing content that is worth the Survival upgrade as well!

-A chance to play as the Imperials in Survival, with Snow Speeders & X-Wings instead of AT-STs & Ties. Different rebel troopers would come with 'advanced weapons' to feel like Shadow/Shock/Scout troopers. (side note: when the game was being announced people were against the lack of class system - playing the game now, the lack of class system is probably why we don't have Survival Mode as the Imperials)

Both Modes
-please allow our online progress to transfer over to the offline modes. If the worry is that Survival Mode would be broken by adding the online star cards, then at the very least allow us to choose what skins both players can use in these modes. I'm looking forward to playing with the alien races online when I reach a high enough level, but I would like to see all of my hard work pay off offline too, which is where I like to spend most of my time. I only get to play couch co-op with my girlfriend offline. We would both love to play as aliens while taking on the Empire in Survival. It would be fun to do the same in Battles mode too!

Tutorials
-please make Fighter Squadron and Speeder Chase couch co-op. I really enjoy these two tutorials (and wish they were expanded modes in general), but would love to play them with somebody offline. It would be super fun to shoot rebel scum side by side with a friend in Endor Chase, or have my buddy's back on Fighter Squadron.
-adding the Millennium Falcon to Fighter Squadron tutorial. I feel like one of the big things that was advertised was that you get to play with hero ships. When I first bought SWBF I did not have PSN, and so all I played were the offline modes. I was very disappointed that I couldn't play as a ship I've dreamed to pilot since I was a kid some 15-20 years ago. In a way it felt like false advertising, and it would be great if that was cleared up and you were allowed to play as the Falcon offline.

That's the end of my requests list at the moment. If anybody else has any requests for EXISTING offline modes, please comment below. I'd love to hear your suggestions, and I'm sure both Dice and EA would like to hear them as well!

Replies

• Caleb
    202 posts Member
    This is like a really easy fix if they actually wanted to make us kinda happy.

• Caleb
    202 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This could make battles usable.

• Caleb wrote: »
    This is like a really easy fix if they actually wanted to make us kinda happy.

Which part do you think is easy?
  • I just wish survival had vehicles for the player, bigger maps, and Imperial faction to play as.
  • Trust me, I have all 75/75 mission stars for these (not bragging, just speaking from experience)

I agree with your ideas on the training.

Survival could do with more maps and more customisation, such as upgraded star cards being able to be used.

Battles... These were a nightmare. An absolute nightmare. Although I do agree the coins in the "Kill confirmed" style game don't feel authentic, they're definitely needed. If they didn't have them and they had a kill count, you could camp and sit in a random spot and just rain hell from above and get rewarded for it. If you camp and then RUN OUT to get your tokens you're putting your life on the line and risking yourself to get further into the battle. Without them you could use Boba to camp on a hill with wrist rockets, Leia to camp on a cave with trooper bane, Vader with his saber throw sitting in a hallway. Hans lucky shot and rapid fire in a room.

I'm sorry to say it as much as I hate them, they're still needed. And if they did change it to having no tokens, having all the battle stars would be far less impressive.
  • Trust me, I have all 75/75 mission stars for these (not bragging, just speaking from experience)

I agree with your ideas on the training.

Survival could do with more maps and more customisation, such as upgraded star cards being able to be used.

Battles... These were a nightmare. An absolute nightmare. Although I do agree the coins in the "Kill confirmed" style game don't feel authentic, they're definitely needed. If they didn't have them and they had a kill count, you could camp and sit in a random spot and just rain hell from above and get rewarded for it. If you camp and then RUN OUT to get your tokens you're putting your life on the line and risking yourself to get further into the battle. Without them you could use Boba to camp on a hill with wrist rockets, Leia to camp on a cave with trooper bane, Vader with his saber throw sitting in a hallway. Hans lucky shot and rapid fire in a room.

I'm sorry to say it as much as I hate them, they're still needed. And if they did change it to having no tokens, having all the battle stars would be far less impressive.

I guess I didn't play Battles for long enough to think that hard about camping and the such. I guess to me it's kinda like "who cares" if somebody decides to camp? It's offline, so if you decide to play the game that way then it's your prerogative.

I dunno. Maybe it could be changed to something else at least. Something that isn't as big of an eye sore as those coins.

I will say this... I hope they trade out Battles for Instant Action in the next BF game (or somehow add offline Instant Action to this game).