criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Pulse canon

@sledgehammer70
I can see this coming. People are already calling for a pulse canon nerf.
Please don't nerf the pulse canon. Instead here's my 2 cents:
Reduce the full charge to auto fire time. Less time to aim at enemy = slightly harder to get a one shot kill.
Possibly increase melee damage to 80%? This could motivate more close quarters combat.

Also I like the update. Overall feel is better. I never used bow caster so have no comment on that nerf.

Replies

• Good ideas
  • I'm not bothered by getting taken out by the pulse cannon. But I kind of like the idea of auto fire upon full charge. If I stay exposed long enough to be aimed at and then killed, shame on me for not maintaining cover. But should I be killed immediately the first time I appear over a hill just because a sniper was scanning the area holding a full charge? I could live with that being adjusted, not sure it needs to be changed though.
  • Its a sniper rifle that requires skill to use,especially if the target is moving - it does not require a nerf at all.
  • The pulse cannon doesnt need adjusting ... FOR GOD sake leave everything along...
  • DarthJ
    6455 posts Member
    Glad someone made a positive thread on this - hopefully it will outweigh the inevitable nerf calls. I don't see it used too often, mainly Jakku. I love using it. Its ideal for defending an objective.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • The pulse cannon does not take skill lol. The cycler rifle takes skill.
  • Erm it does auto fire eventually doesn't it. Think you might be getting thrown off by the fact you can cancel the charge. (Triangle on ps4 )
  • It fires a few seconds after full charge is attained, so you can hold it and scan, and cancel if no target is found. I believe the OP's suggestion is to have it fire immediately upon reaching full charge.
  • Nerf it..screw the campers
  • Osskscosco
    417 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @sledgehammer70
    Reduce the full charge to auto fire time. Less time to aim at enemy = slightly harder to get a one shot kill.
    Possibly increase melee damage to 80%? This could motivate more close quarters combat.

Also I like the update. Overall feel is better. I never used bow caster so have no comment on that nerf.

Not a bad idea, even better if they made it that once you click fire it charges to full and fires.

That would take more skill than now, where you can hold it charged and re-equip anytime to avoid CD without a kill.
  • Hooboy wrote: »
    It fires a few seconds after full charge is attained, so you can hold it and scan, and cancel if no target is found. I believe the OP's suggestion is to have it fire immediately upon reaching full charge.

Yea I mean if the snipe camping problem gets really bad, then making the pulse fire like 1 second after full charge, it would increase the difficulty of using it.
    At the moment it's about 3 or 4 seconds isn't it?
    Btw I love the pulse canon, just don't enjoy sniper spam.
  • clonecam117
    1437 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    God no... no more nerfs...
    Offline bot matches in Battlefront plz
  • And too many people camping can ruin a game. There still needs to be snipers on any team, Just not 15 out of 20.
  • The only reason there's so much sniping is because the friggin nerfherders cried and got every other weapon neutered.
    Offline bot matches in Battlefront plz
  • Already giving nerf ideas for PC...great. If you are camping with PC, outside of defending objectives, you are using it incorrectly imo.
  • Already giving nerf ideas for PC...great. If you are camping with PC, outside of defending objectives, you are using it incorrectly imo.

yea, because k/d twitch pulse users care about all that.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Big_Pagong wrote: »
    Its a sniper rifle that requires skill to use,especially if the target is moving - it does not require a nerf at all.

+1

Wrong about the pulse cannon. True with the cycler rifle. Just lucky to get a hit with that.
  • @sledgehammer70

No to 80% melee dammit we are playing a game with blasters not 1800s musket fights. **** kids always gotta have their **** knife attacks.
  • This is the reason this game needs Classes or Kits. Then not everyone will be using the same weapons.
  • Big_Pagong wrote: »
    Its a sniper rifle that requires skill to use,especially if the target is moving - it does not require a nerf at all.

I wouldn't call my suggestions to the Pulse canon a nerf. I'm just suggesting it and the melee damage increase to encourage and promote a bit more close quarters combat and less camp sniping.
    A one shot kill weapon rightfully should be a challenge to use, and to me, reducing the full charge time would make it a challenge to use, and at the same time hopefully discourage campers.
  • CptnGrampaSoldier
    183 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The pulse cannon does not take skill lol. The cycler rifle takes skill.

Wrong about the pulse cannon. True with the cycler rifle. Just lucky to get a hit with that.

The problem here is that no one is looking at the numbers, gameplay, and mechanics as a whole.

As it stands, the Pulse takes but one fully charged shot, from an almost instant traveling pulse (hence the name) that strikes the target with an additional explosive blast, which is also capable of collateral, acting like a single larger quarrel from the Bowcaster pre January update to kill some one.

You don't even need to head shot, nor a body shot for a matter of fact, just aim at some ones feet and they die.

The Cycler now is a bit more powerful with the added instakill at 10m quickly dropping off to 90 where only a headshot will insta kill some one (as it should).

If an adjustment is to be made, it has to be so that BOTH weapon are on par with each other while still being different, just like how the E-11 and A280C are different but get the job done just as well as one another.

Lets start with the Pulse:

Base non charge damage set to 25 (No Drop Off). Head shot to 50. Can only charge when scoped in. Full charge body shot damage 75. Instant kill on head shot when fully charged. Remove explosive splash effect.

Cycler: Cycler Rifle:

Base damage of 75(No Drop Off). Add a small 0.5m radius splash damage of 5, for a total of 80 base damage. Instant head shot kills. Slightly decrease projectile drop. Remove shield pierce.

This way both weapons are damage wise some what similar but mechanic wise they play different.

*Edited base none charged pulse damage from 15 to 25 (number typo).
    TrigAntrax wrote: »
    Nerf it..screw the campers

Agreed with both of these comments! Pulse cannon is like a long range bow caster......****! At least with the bow caster, they are in the fight. You took away the homing shot which was usefull in taking out these campers, so it's only fair to get rid of the campers tools then too. Lol. Or just put it all back the way it was and focus on fixing real problems like balancing WA, FS do the rebels don't always win. You can also fix hero hunt so it doesn't suck! Start giving us some new content rather then recycling mission maps and taking away what little we already had!