criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

EA needs to make a proper MMO and SIM game since EA has the licence for the IP

As the company that holds many of the rights to produce online games for Star Wars, I believe that EA has the responsibility of producing worthwhile games for fans of the IP. While it is certainly true that Star Wars fans will buy anything with Star Wars in it, I would ask that EA please try to give those of us who love the original movies games that can support months or years of play.

SWTOR (and now perhaps Battlefront) are very very surface games, and allow for no longevity of play for fans of the original movies. Please make something like the X-Wing games or an SWG 2.

Thank you

Replies

• There needs to be a PS life but with a starwars theme.
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • JackPipsam
    119 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Well SW:ToR isn't meant to be based off the original films, that's the entire point of The Old Republic.

And I cannot see EA investing in making another MMO, I mean it takes like 5 years to make one properly and by that time EA's licence might be half over.

The only way you're going to see an MMO based off the original trilogy is if by some miricle EA and Daybreak Game Company come to some sort of deal to allow Star Wars Galaxies to come back online.
    The only reason SWG closed was because of EA getting the license, so that would have to be an area of negotiation.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>
  • I understand the difficulties involved, but I also know that another Star Wars title set in the actual movie time will make tons of money, far more than what it costs to make and maintain. I watched many guilds fold because they didn't like SWTOR and the players left. Those players would come back for a game that was a virtual world instead of a one-off theme park with cutscenes.

Thank you
  • FONT TO SMALL PLUS GREY OVER WHITE
    what?
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra

g i t g u d
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • A way to ameliorate these complaints would be to announce an open world game or new MMORPG set around the events/time of the new movies.
  • Wasn't EA Canada meant to be making an open world Star Wars game?
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>