criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Sounds of Star Wars Battlefront: Part I

rendition1.img.jpg

The five man sound design team working together at DICE have had a blast working on Star Wars™ Battlefront™! We asked each of them to tell us one of the stories behind some of their, and your, favorite sounds in the game.

First up is David Jegutidse, Sound Designer, who will talk about the sound of the Thermal Imploder.

Read More: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/sounds-of-star-wars-battlefront-part-1
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm more interested in http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/26174/january-update-and-feedback-1-28-16#latest#Comment_157454
    Our team has been reviewing reports and feedback across the board over the last 36 hours based on the January Update and feedback around the future free content and Season Pass.

We're aware that some of you within the community do not agree with some of the balance changes, and I am working with our team to provide more insight in the coming week around those changes. We are also aware that some of the bug fixes outlined seem to have not resolved some reported issues (looking at you 'Playing the Objective'). I am looking into these reports and again will follow up as soon as I have details to share.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to posting about more updates and news.

Please dont let me/us down.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • CuteCorgi
    309 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's interesting, but David basically admitted half of the sounds for the Imploder were stolen from Episode II. Nothing wrong with that, but a bit weird for a post that is meant to obviously detail creativity and ingenuity. These posts should have come out BEFORE the release of the game as well to drum up excitement in my eyes. You should have been on point to have arranged such a thing way back last year Sledge.
  • Cool post. Always welcome to see behind the scenes work and to showcase talents. I'm a 3D animator myself, and so don't mind appreciating others work. Sorry that other comments on the forums show little interest. For my part, thanks for the post.
  • The sound on this game is one of the best I've ever heard. When you're in the middle of an all out battle in Turning Point to hear the sounds of blaster fire zipping past your ears, explosions, starships overhead it adds so much to the chaotic feel of a Star Wars battle.

Thanks for sharing how this is all done. It's completely obvious how much detail was put into the sound of this game so these types of posts are fun to read. Well done!

One question about Sullest. During the second phase of WA you hear this strange sound like some sort of structure collapsing or metal being wrenched. It's quite loud and lasts several seconds. I keep looking up and around and can't see what effect might be causing this. If you or anyone else knows what that is I'd love to know!

Thanks
  • It's vader's star destroyer
  • The sound on this game is one of the best I've ever heard. When you're in the middle of an all out battle in Turning Point to hear the sounds of blaster fire zipping past your ears, explosions, starships overhead it adds so much to the chaotic feel of a Star Wars battle.

Thanks for sharing how this is all done. It's completely obvious how much detail was put into the sound of this game so these types of posts are fun to read. Well done!

One question about Sullest. During the second phase of WA you hear this strange sound like some sort of structure collapsing or metal being wrenched. It's quite loud and lasts several seconds. I keep looking up and around and can't see what effect might be causing this. If you or anyone else knows what that is I'd love to know!

Thanks

It's vader's star destroyer
  • I can't wait for the next installment of this article series! I love BTS type of articles, and sound design is a fascinating subject. The amount of stuff that they had to mix in order to make the most iconic noise of the game is mind blowing.

Thanks for the insights from this article. Can't wait for more! :)
  • I like reading about stuff like this. The first thing I thought about when I first heard the imploder was that scene in Episode II, now I know how much more work went into it.
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • Nice post :)

The Thermal Imploder is awesome. You hear the ticking followed by a massive explosion with a deep base. Sounds great with my headset! :)
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I'm glad I'm not a sound designer, or whatever their job title is. After reading all the different things they used to make this one, awesome sound effect... there's no way I would've been able to come up with all that stuff and put it together coherently. Kudos to the sound team.
  • Hmm. I'd like to know how the blaster sounds were created, and the TIE Fighter/Interceptor. Will we be receiving details on their sound design as well?
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • Cobar67 wrote: »
    It's vader's star destroyer

Thank you!