criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Canceled Battlefront III

I think the canceled Battlefront III looked amazing and I hope EA/DICE uses some of the ideas from it in either a future update or the next Battlefront game. Specifically the ground to space battles, and bringing back Galactic Conquest would be nice.
Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter

Replies

• Also having both prequels and original trilogy content.
  • Maybe introducing a specific gamemode where character classes are implemented, though that was one thing I didn't like about the old Battlefront as much.
  • They need to finish it
  • They do have it where you can watch Capital Ships crash and burn to the ground. Problem is, they didn't make it so that we were the people to bring it down.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I think the canceled Battlefront III looked amazing and I hope EA/DICE uses some of the ideas from it in either a future update or the next Battlefront game. Specifically the ground to space battles, and bringing back Galactic Conquest would be nice.

Could you post some links of any info or vids on what the game was gonna be like? That would be good for everyone to see how awesome it was gonna be.
  • Xounaut wrote: »
    I think the canceled Battlefront III looked amazing and I hope EA/DICE uses some of the ideas from it in either a future update or the next Battlefront game. Specifically the ground to space battles, and bringing back Galactic Conquest would be nice.

Could you post some links of any info or vids on what the game was gonna be like? That would be good for everyone to see how awesome it was gonna be.

Sure, here it is:
  • NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This always brings a tear to my eyes. SO MUCH POTENTIAL GONE!!
  • McCloud wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the story, it looked like it was going amazing!
  • Also the fact that the ships were a physical thing that you climbed into, not a powerup. I like the powerup system but it just looks and works better the way it was in Battlefront II.
  • Sort of, if you had that group of people that just camped the hangar it was a total pain.
  • McCloud wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the story, it looked like it was going amazing!

What little was revealed of story was a hit and miss for me but due to the abomination of a game we got that story looked perfect.
  • It's the amount of playable characters and levels and game types that's just staggering.
  • Man, the heart and soul that went into this...

Battles that probably felt like battles (not everyone jump-packing or popping personal shields etc), no one waiting for their turn to ride 'THE' AT-ST, mixture of vehicles (to the point where Rebels aren't forced to swap to ion style combat to hurt AT-STs or get lucky on a power up if the Imps rules the skies), huge single-player and multiplayer battles, a mixture of old and new faces to keep things nostalgic but fresh, two whole eras to play through, specific class roles, probably more maps, and all of that flying...

I could go on forever
  • BlankBB wrote: »
    Man, the heart and soul that went into this...

Battles that probably felt like battles (not everyone jump-packing or popping personal shields etc), no one waiting for their turn to ride 'THE' AT-ST, mixture of vehicles (to the point where Rebels aren't forced to swap to ion style combat to hurt AT-STs or get lucky on a power up if the Imps rules the skies), huge single-player and multiplayer battles, a mixture of old and new faces to keep things nostalgic but fresh, two whole eras to play through, specific class roles, probably more maps, and all of that flying...

I could go on forever

*pats back gently* its alright friend let it out.
  • Nemeesis2310
    1006 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    the problem on ground to space battle is people in space wont ever come down to help ground troops. The idea of the type of mode is really cool, but not practical. When you put it in the game, its hard to make a objective and people play the objective when the map is soooo big! That isint going to happen because I already see players not doing the objective in this game which has smaller maps so in bigger ones... Yeah not gonna work. Plus they would need 64vs64 players on those type of maps and hey lets be honest, getting 128 players on a server isint easy. Lets face it.

• They don't have to be in direct contact and help out. Like the Battle Of Endor, ground troops taking out the force field generator so the space attack can progress from taking on fighters to a direct attack on the Death Star. Plenty of potential scenarios there.
  • Kj-ZoSo wrote: »
    They don't have to be in direct contact and help out. Like the Battle Of Endor, ground troops taking out the force field generator so the space attack can progress from taking on fighters to a direct attack on the Death Star. Plenty of potential scenarios there.

not easy to get 128 people in the same server, cant you agree?

• I'm sure there'd be more than that willing to give a large multi-battle game mode a chance. The problem is the server rules. Players should be able to join freely, not have to wait in a lobby for a game to start, and maybe bots can be in place until the number of human players fill up the server.
  • Kj-ZoSo wrote: »
    I'm sure there'd be more than that willing to give a large multi-battle game mode a chance. The problem is the server rules. Players should be able to join freely, not have to wait in a lobby for a game to start, and maybe bots can be in place until the number of human players fill up the server.

exactly like how Gears of War Multiplayer works

Kj-ZoSo wrote: »
    They don't have to be in direct contact and help out. Like the Battle Of Endor, ground troops taking out the force field generator so the space attack can progress from taking on fighters to a direct attack on the Death Star. Plenty of potential scenarios there.

I really like this type of idea.

the problem on ground to space battle is people in space wont ever come down to help ground troops. The idea of the type of mode is really cool, but not practical. When you put it in the game, its hard to make a objective and people play the objective when the map is soooo big! That isint going to happen because I already see players not doing the objective in this game which has smaller maps so in bigger ones... Yeah not gonna work. Plus they would need 64vs64 players on those type of maps and hey lets be honest, getting 128 players on a server isint easy. Lets face it.

if you have a 64v64 map size do you have any idea on how many Clan's would jump on that ship? Heck I would and there was a game that had 256-players at once on one massive map it was called MAG a fairly popular game that lasted longer than anyone thought it would.

For months there were FULL servers making fairly hard to get into one.

So to say that getting 128 players together isn't too far fetched, the only problem is that since EA and DICE botched this game and after the "announcement" of a sequel, as well as the number of empty servers for many of the game types would defintly make it impossible to get the 128-players needed.

Also take into account another game that has 128+ players online at any point in time that game is PlanetSide 2.

Big maps aren't the problem its how the developers make it and how its released as well as the player base being and staying interested, which for this game has failed since people are still leaving.

I would like to take on one more thing about having massive maps; ANY MMO Battleground and MMO's in general
  • Oh the sorrow of it, what the game could have been!
  • All that comes to mind when I think of EA is the Imperial March, it is a disgrace to Darth Vader's theme. But you have to admit, they got some things right. Like the "Ensure they can't stop themselves from coming back!" appeal, I don't know what it is but no matter how angry I get over the letdown I keep coming back. The future holds some hope, I guess.
  • When you realize it was Lucasarts fault for cancelling the game.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • When you realize it was Lucasarts fault for cancelling the game.

Yeah, they messed up.
  • The campaign seemed like it would be great, and original.
  • It might still be possible to release the game, or something very similar to it.
  • wait for next years game from visceral, its campaign forsure.

Oh I am most excited about that, you have no idea. Battlefront EA v2 needs to be good as well, mainly more content.

now I'm really interested

Oh I am most excited about that, you have no idea. Battlefront EA v2 needs to be good as well, mainly more content.

Nah, EA and DICE would probably pull a CoD, or any of EA's sports games, tiny little update and call it done.

Remember this is EA we're talking about the same people who threw BioWare under the bus, they were the ones that rushed Mass Effect 3 and pointed the finger at BioWare basically saying "it was their decision not ours."

While they sat there looking innocent with their fake halo above their heads.

EA and DICE have completely lost me now on this and ALL future Star Wars games and all other games.

The only one I'm holding onto is Mass Effect and I have everything that I can crossed that they don't screw that as bad as Mass Effect 3.
  • I remain hopeful that they'll see the many bad things that will follow another Star Wars flop and make a better game.
  • Tears to my eyes, this brings.
  • Even Yoda acknowledges tragedy that happened when Battlefront III was canceled.
  • Even Yoda acknowledges tragedy that happened when Battlefront III was canceled.

:)
  • I really do hope EA does better in the future.
  • McCloud
    307 posts Member
    edited February 2016

looks great though I don't know what it has to deal with the topic though I don't care.

Major problem is that No Man's Sky was supposed to be a massive multiplayer game in a galaxy big enough where you wouldn't run into another player and if you did you got REALLY lucky, now? Its basically going to a single player game with only certain area's having the names of others that discovered them first.

Which was going to be very similar to Elite Dangerous but due to the recent business practices, and shady things they've done (like deleting the Horizons expansion and re-uploading it as a "Season Pass" Uber Entertainment did the same thing, but their crime was WAY WAY worse).

Still if they stay true to their now new current model I have no problems with it. It's just when a game is already out and its been drastically changed suddenly (looking at you Elite and Planetary Annihilation)
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    https://youtube.com/user/xXBananaSwagXx/videos

This guy has more footage from the game.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif