criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Some Things Should Be Obvious!

The way FairFight SHOULD work:

Player shoots RT-97C one bullet
Hits target
One bullet = 100 health
Target dies
Ban Player

INSTEAD...FairFight doesn't do a thing. THIS is why no one cares about PC games from EA anymore. Detecting obvious cheats shouldn't take 2 months as in the case of that Australian hacker. There's no need to delay banning obvious cheats from rage bots. If I were you, I wouldn't invest in FairFight. Obviously, it doesn't work...

Replies

• ImperialSE14C
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I agree about the problems with cheaters.

However, if we had server browsers we could at least avoid individuals we suspect of cheating. If you think another player is cheating the situation could be immediately fixed by finding another server. While the PC population isn't very high, I think a server browser addition would increase the active player population. Free choice is attractive and makes matches more balanced since you are able to pick and choose a decent server where you can enjoy your gaming.

There will never be a perfect formula for banning cheaters. The best solution I have seen yet is where programmers have created fake cheats that work for a short while and then reports the player as a cheater and bans the person. This causes cheaters to become paranoid and afraid of using cheats. However, presently I don't see any effective solution. A server browser would at least enable players to avoid individuals they don't enjoy playing with, for whatever reason, as well as avoid obvious cheaters. Catching cheaters may take time, while a browser will solve the gaming experience with short notice.
  • Yea, but this thread is not about suspected cheaters. You start out, get shot across the map once by the RT-97C, and die. That's not suspect...that's fact.

The Extended Reality cheater was finally banned after raging for months. At one point, he had three top threads devoted to him on the main forum. I guarantee you that ban was manual. Fairfight just isn't working...
  • ImperialSE14C
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yea, but this thread is not about suspected cheaters. You start out, get shot across the map once by the RT-97C, and die. That's not suspect...that's fact.

Then we are in agreement.
    Fairfight should have a feature that would ban individuals who are obviously, mathematically speaking cheating and doing the impossible.

If you had stated that the person shot you across the map in your initial post, it would explain your thinking far better.
  • With the use of star cards, some weapons CAN and do 1 shot kills. Not everything is down to hacking.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I don't understand why they don't run PunkBuster alongside FairFight like they do in BF4. Cheaters get kicked all day in BF4.
  • Beaver wrote: »
    I don't understand why they don't run PunkBuster alongside FairFight like they do in BF4. Cheaters get kicked all day in BF4.

Me neither.

But then again I don't understand many of the decisions DICE Sweden made with this game.
  • LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    But then again I don't understand many of the decisions DICE Sweden made with this game.
    Remember you're dealing with the same company that released BF4 in the state it was in.