criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Mission: Lead the Rebellion

Prev1
Can you become a devoted leader of the Rebellion and use both defensive maneuvers and powerful attacks on the battlefront? Our third community mission gives you a chance to do just that.

rendition1.img.jpg

Your mission as a community is to complete 102,187 hours of gameplay with Princess Leia across any game mode she is available in. This mission begins on February 16th 9AM PT. Complete the mission, and the community will unlock a new Princess Leia Endor costume.

The Princess Leia community mission will be active between February 16th, 9AM PT. and February 22nd 9PM PT. Be sure to follow EA Star Wars™ on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on your progress. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• The rebellion has already started

#singleplayersmatter
  • Great : )
    Now we only need slave leia (if we make this) and then we are completed

Like that 'random' number : )
  • Peace of cake. Let's do it. Any significance behind that number, @Sledgehammer70?
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • AssassinsRus
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That's the number of bothan spies it took to bring us this information... :D :D :D
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Peace of cake. Let's do it. Any significance behind that number, @Sledgehammer70?

2187 is Leia's cell number in ANH.
  • Good luck to you all! Win one for the Princess.
    Alright... Alright... Alllrrright... B)
    XB1
  • EpicSybe wrote: »
    Great : )

No ! You forget the classic white dress in the first Star Wars ! Maybe for "Death Star" DLC !

• Mat does this include Missions or just Multi-player? I know it says "any game mode" but do Missions count as long as there is a connection to the server? Could someone theoretically sit in a local Mission as Leia while connected and that would count?
  • That's the number of bothan spies it took to bring us this information... :D :D :D

Nice! :smiley:
  • CuteCorgi wrote: »
    Mat does this include Missions or just Multi-player? I know it says "any game mode" but do Missions count as long as there is a connection to the server? Could someone theoretically sit in a local Mission as Leia while connected and that would count?

Yes
  • sithcobrapsn
    774 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Peace of cake. Let's do it. Any significance behind that number, @Sledgehammer70?

2187 is Leia's cell number in ANH.

and Finn's trooper number-FN-2187 sorry but in a way hope this is one we dont get..in a way/but also i do..im torn for reasons
  • Would love to see Endor camo for Luke and Han as well. Also really looking forward to news concerning the February update and what's to come in March soon
  • sithcobrapsn
    774 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    me too/i mean i have no wild dreams we're getting our offline modes in the feb update but-oh it be nice lol-but maybe some details surrounding it IF NOTHING ELSE a time/releash date window is now the main request..we know its happening and its not as hard as said so when is it going down..i know it was left up to the sp department to finsh it
    Mat does this include Missions or just Multi-player? I know it says "any game mode" but do Missions count as long as there is a connection to the server? Could someone theoretically sit in a local Mission as Leia while connected and that would count?

it does..i did the missions thing with luke and han..not meaning too really,i got credits i think for playin so many hours as them
  • Its cool you guys are giving us something, but those hero outfits should have already been there. Please give us more races and character costumes.
  • me too/i mean i have no wild dreams we're getting our offline modes in the feb update but-oh it be nice lol-but maybe some details surrounding it IF NOTHING ELSE a time/releash date window is now the main request..we know its happening and its not as hard as said so when is it going down..i know it was left up to the sp department to finsh it

Yeah same I have no idea when to expect the development of an offline mode to be complete and rolled out, I feel like the earliest we could see it is in March and the latest sometime in the summer. I really want some release date info too as you said, the anticipation is killing me. I'd like to know when to expect the next few updates and the DLC. Although we can pretty much figure out by now the February update will be next Tuesday or Wednesday, I still want some more confirmed dates for some of this stuff.

• sithcobrapsn
    774 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    pcbrown83 wrote: »
    me too/i mean i have no wild dreams we're getting our offline modes in the feb update but-oh it be nice lol-but maybe some details surrounding it IF NOTHING ELSE a time/releash date window is now the main request..we know its happening and its not as hard as said so when is it going down..i know it was left up to the sp department to finsh it

Yeah same I have no idea when to expect the development of an offline mode to be complete and rolled out, I feel like the earliest we could see it is in March and the latest sometime in the summer. I really want some release date info too as you said, the anticipation is killing me. I'd like to know when to expect the next few updates and the DLC. Although we can pretty much figure out by now the February update will be next Tuesday or Wednesday, I still want some more confirmed dates for some of this stuff.

i have been told by 2 sources-rumor1-by DLC1 and rumor 2-last DLC-which tbh that would just make gamers truely mad compared to them sayin nope sorry also!!if that whole DLC leak is true it says march 12th for the DLC which is pretty soon
  • this is prolly gonna be the EASIEST one done so far..when i play hero battles,i normally drag it out till i get about 200-1300 kills with leia.(main one i use and mainly becuz the no skins thing for troopers which we need hint hint)and between that and all the ppl playin hero's vs vill. and ppl that gonna play as her in other modes i say its gonna get blown away...and plz make these skins optional-especially if the white deathstar dress one is added sorry its a classic but i dont wanna be stuck with that/another reason to make em optional is becuz alot of ppl myself included like to play as hoth luke on other planets simply for the blue saber
  • It looks like an easy challenge. I already put in there around 40 minutes of Leia game play yesterday.
  • Yay, cant wait to have a camouflage leia making it even harder for the imperials to win on endor.
  • this is prolly gonna be the EASIEST one done so far..when i play hero battles,i normally drag it out till i get about 200-1300 kills with leia.(main one i use and mainly becuz the no skins thing for troopers which we need hint hint)and between that and all the ppl playin hero's vs vill. and ppl that gonna play as her in other modes i say its gonna get blown away...and plz make these skins optional-especially if the white deathstar dress one is added sorry its a classic but i dont wanna be stuck with that/another reason to make em optional is becuz alot of ppl myself included like to play as hoth luke on other planets simply for the blue saber

They won't be optional they will match the time period that the different levels are set in so you will probably see more of Luke with his Blue lightsaber than the Green in the future. They need to add Luke EP IV Tatooine and Luke EP VI Tatooine as well as Luke on Endor and Luke on Bespin. I am sure we will see these in the near future.
  • sithcobrapsn
    774 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    oh i hope not-i really hope not (2 skins i never wanna see are ANH liuke and ANH leia and rather not have bespin luke either but can live with that one ) @MRMXY . and yeah i know i get 40 min pluse every day with her.just yesterday between my daughter and myself we got over 4 hours with her in,and my kids play a few hours a day so its gotta help out soom
  • Cabouse wrote: »
    this is prolly gonna be the EASIEST one done so far..when i play hero battles,i normally drag it out till i get about 200-1300 kills with leia.(main one i use and mainly becuz the no skins thing for troopers which we need hint hint)and between that and all the ppl playin hero's vs vill. and ppl that gonna play as her in other modes i say its gonna get blown away...and plz make these skins optional-especially if the white deathstar dress one is added sorry its a classic but i dont wanna be stuck with that/another reason to make em optional is becuz alot of ppl myself included like to play as hoth luke on other planets simply for the blue saber

They won't be optional they will match the time period that the different levels are set in so you will probably see more of Luke with his Blue lightsaber than the Green in the future. They need to add Luke EP IV Tatooine and Luke EP VI Tatooine as well as Luke on Endor and Luke on Bespin. I am sure we will see these in the near future.

well i wouldn't say time period but which outfit matches said planet-and we have endor luke for the most part,and tbch/ i know they wont do what i was saying, but i was just sayin it'll be nice to play as the skin/outfit we liked,, becuz tbch battle front isn't or has never been about being accurate(or cannon ifed)it is and has always been about play as your fav outfit, go around star wars places and kill star wars ppl, not that much accurate stuff actually going on really- and befoer anyone says "yes ITS CANNON"i remind ppl of our killstreaks as vader on jakku lol
  • Hooboy
    278 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm suprised at the hours threshold for this challenge. Han/Luke challenge was 500,000 for 14 days, and the reported result was 1.2M hours in that time frame... or 300,000 per hero per 7 days. Granted, I'm sure more people choose Luke than Leia in modes with hero tokens, and it was over a holiday break for many, but 100,000 over 6.5 days strikes me as a low number. It would be interesting, when these challenges are issued, to see included a statement as to the current average hours to spur enthusiasm for the effort and give an idea of the level of difficulty of the challenge.
  • I also feel that number is low. Oh well, easy peazy!
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • should be a way to track to see how much you've played on each map,mode and each characters
  • The numbers will be set to make sure the target is reached with ease. It would have taken effort to program a new skin, so there is NO chance the challenge will be allowed to fail. Giving free things in this manor makes it look like they care about the players, but in reality they use this as a way of drip feeding us content that should have been in the game at launch. Still, anything free is good i guess.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Yay, cant wait to have a camouflage leia making it even harder for the imperials to win on endor.

All I ever see are Han or Boba on Endor. What game are you playing?
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    The numbers will be set to make sure the target is reached with ease. It would have taken effort to program a new skin, so there is NO chance the challenge will be allowed to fail. Giving free things in this manor makes it look like they care about the players, but in reality they use this as a way of drip feeding us content that should have been in the game at launch. Still, anything free is good i guess.

Programming doesn't encompass the entirely of games development. :p You are right, but you certainly aren't a cheerie one today are you? ;)
  • PopoTateo
    4834 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CuteCorgi wrote: »
    Yay, cant wait to have a camouflage leia making it even harder for the imperials to win on endor.

The numbers will be set to make sure the target is reached with ease. It would have taken effort to program a new skin, so there is NO chance the challenge will be allowed to fail. Giving free things in this manor makes it look like they care about the players, but in reality they use this as a way of drip feeding us content that should have been in the game at launch. Still, anything free is good i guess.

Programming doesn't encompass the entirely of games development. :p You are right, but you certainly aren't a cheerie one today are you? ;)

Im talking about AFTER she gets the new endor skin! And no, im not cheerie. Ive been in bed for the last 4 days with a virus, and now i learn a hero is going to be given an endor camo skin?! Plus i turn 36 in 3 weeks. :(
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

Im talking about AFTER she gets the new endor skin! And no, im not cheerie. Ive been in bed for the last 4 days with a virus, and now i learn a hero is going to be given an endor camo skin?! Plus i turn 36 in 3 weeks. :(

Ah, I guess she will be used for a while and usage will die again. Hope you feel better soon, but I can't seem to get ill at all lately. I wash my hands a lot and clean everything people are touching often, so maybe that's why? I eat lots of fruit/fruit smoothies as well, but I dunno. No cure for time though is there? :'(

Hope you feel better soon, but I can't seem to get ill at all lately. I wash my hands a lot

That cheered me up quite abit. Im not sure if you're implying i DONT wash? Or if it just came out wrong! lol.
  • And what if we don't complete the mission?
    Are you saying we won't get the Endor Leia anyway?

Never seen a community challenge in any game that failed...

I think they're all bogus - put a "challenge" out there, post a number at the end that shows it was completed (whether or not it's true), and we all think we "earned" something they'd give us anyway.

I say we all boycott playing as Leia just to expose the bull poo.
  • CuteCorgi
    309 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Hope you feel better soon, but I can't seem to get ill at all lately. I wash my hands a lot

That cheered me up quite abit. Im not sure if you're implying i DONT wash? Or if it just came out wrong! lol.

Haha nah. A virus is from other people with such a thing right? They are always touching stuff or coughing and sneezing everywhere. Washing your hands and wiping around a lot would certainly help. Nothing OCD, just quite often and nothing more. They could sneeze in your face though, so a strong immune system from eating right can be beneficial to fight it off. Thanks though, now I sound like some kind of weird zen-hipster. :D

Get that mess out your system bud! All the best and hopefully a speedy recovery for you. :)
  • BlackgoliathJW
    901 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    this is prolly gonna be the EASIEST one done so far..when i play hero battles,i normally drag it out till i get about 200-1300 kills with leia.(main one i use and mainly becuz the no skins thing for troopers which we need hint hint)and between that and all the ppl playin hero's vs vill. and ppl that gonna play as her in other modes i say its gonna get blown away...and plz make these skins optional-especially if the white deathstar dress one is added sorry its a classic but i dont wanna be stuck with that/another reason to make em optional is becuz alot of ppl myself included like to play as hoth luke on other planets simply for the blue saber

Man #Datbluesaberdoe! Looks so epic on hoth!
  • DefconPeyote420
    108 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    over here making leia costumes and you guys still wont fix the out of map glitches xD its really hard to wanna keep playing this game when youre trying to make her **** look good in a camo vest instead of doing your jobs lol

Also did you guys really pay the devs to code an outfit you wouldnt release. You could be working on the patch but instead you guys went off to make and outfit you might not release? Im no business savant but that sounds like poor workplace practice and your boss should be fired or at the least reprimanded for being an **** and wasting everyones time.

Man #Datbluesaberdoe! Looks so epic on hoth!

ive always loved the blue thats one reason i got so happy about it having a come back in the new movie..and i made a post about this but-theres a superman glitc h and inside an at at glitch watch out
  • over here making leia costumes and you guys still wont fix the out of map glitches xD its really hard to wanna keep playing this game when youre trying to make her **** look good in a camo vest instead of doing your jobs lol

I'm pretty sure that at the level of EA the character designers have nothing to do with the map designers ... So they can work on both
  • Are we going to get regular updates on this challenge?

Yep, we just did on Twitter.

We are at 24k now
  • MrMxyzptlk wrote: »
    over here making leia costumes and you guys still wont fix the out of map glitches xD its really hard to wanna keep playing this game when youre trying to make her **** look good in a camo vest instead of doing your jobs lol

I'm pretty sure that at the level of EA the character designers have nothing to do with the map designers ... So they can work on both

exactly..there's a department for every little thing in the game even different one for mp character and mp skins and one for hero's,prolly a different one for the hero guns,just like this offline mp deal the mp ppl only preped the maps but the sp department is doing most of the work..i heard they actually did the jakku stuff as well so im curious why we didnt get a map for battles or training with falcon....come that would have been great no??falcon on jakku a few days before the movie came out and with that trailer would have been very well played
  • The things I do for that princess *does battle stance*. Anyway, had to get that out. I didn't know this was the challenge so i gotta catch up!!! cant wait to see the new skin :D
  • EpicSybe wrote: »

maybe when they give us jabbas palace we will get slave leia lol. We all know that puffy jacket is a little warm for tatooine lol
  • Jnizzle wrote: »
    EpicSybe wrote: »

maybe when they give us jabbas palace we will get slave leia lol. We all know that puffy jacket is a little warm for tatooine lol

well...on jakku and tatooine..its not a snow vest/jacket its a special desert survivor jacket with cooling ice packs in it..
  • That's the number of bothan spies it took to bring us this information... :D :D :D
    That's the best explanation that I've seen so far! Now we just need bothan spies in this game!
  • MadDog2992 wrote: »
    That's the best explanation that I've seen so far! Now we just need bothan spies in this game!
    I think that's the best explanation for surface/interior infantry game modes for the Death Star DLC... we will all play as Bothans invading the station to gather intelligence.
  • It's not like the content would be withheld from the players, even if the event was a fail. Lol

This is just a fancy way to get people to stay online.
  • Have there been any more progress updates?
  • Just wanted to thank the team I just played with on Walker assault on Jakku. I fell upon two hero spawns in the game and played as Leia. Not only did I give regular supply drops and play the objective but the team recognised this. My honour guards stayed close, people came for the power ups and when I relocated people dropped shields for me as cover. Awesome team play and thanks to that we won :-)

• In no way is a new costume a reward. just content that should be added to the game like any update.
    Double xp/creds weekend was a great reward. A costume is not.