criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

GF vs Star Wars

Looking for creative solutions but I think it's an unsolvable problem. She doesn't like it when I play cuz then she is bored, I told her to get a book and start reading cuz she's bad at black ops and I hate losing all the time. I like just went 34-1 on HvsV and I'm like "I'm on a hot streak I can't stop now" and it becomes this huge thing every night. I frame houses all day and I'm tired and wanna game when I get home :( ideas?

Replies

• Let the wookie win, or you'll be looking for a new wookie.
  • Different for me! My BF wants to play Black Ops 3 all the time, and doesn't like Star Wars battlefront. I get bored with bop3 sometimes. Only solution is for compromise.

I think every situation is different, but you need to just give her some attention she's asking for, so long as you both agree you get play time too with your games.

Not all women like Star Wars, my mum hates it, she's always frowned at me for being a fan of it? But for the love of your relationship give her some BF /Gf time.
  • Call her Jabba the Hutt and get it over with
    GT: Burns l 7
    Game Mode: Heroes Vs Villains
    Clan: Death Watch

• Burnnssss wrote: »
    Call her Jabba the Hutt and get it over with

Do you actually have a GF? If he calls her that, I knew I wouldn't be very happy. Think he'll be looking fur new teeth and a girl friend! xD
  • get a 2nd tv and ignore each other until nakey sleepy time. You're welcome.
  • Buy her a yoga package. Play when shes out.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • Reazy187 wrote: »
    .... and it becomes this huge thing every night. ...

Every night?

It seems to me that if you enjoy playing (a shooter) more than spending time with your GF you are in the wrong relationship.

The day i'll prefer playing a game over spending time with my wife she hopefully shoots me.
    .... and it becomes this huge thing every night. ...

Every night?

It seems to me that if you enjoy playing (a shooter) more than spending time with your GF you are in the wrong relationship.

The day i'll prefer playing a game over spending time with my wife she hopefully shoots me.

XD
  • You have to use your imagination my friend!

2 weeks ago I sent my girl away with her friends on a spa weekend, totally worth 150$ having the apartment for yourself the whole weekend. Un-li-mi-ted GAAAAMIIING!
  • Get her occupied with something else. Watch movies, TV series, etc.
  • dont prioritize game playing over friendships or personal relationships; don't take people for granted.

SWBF is something you should be able to pick up and put down, no matter how addictive it is.
  • I had this problem initially with the wife. Not unsolvable. Just need a little compromise on both parts. Now when I get home I resist the urge to play immediately. First I make sure that the kitchen is cleaned up and that the house is in order so that way when she gets home and I'm sitting there playing, there is no ammunition for her to shoot at me. Once she gets home I turn the game off, we eat dinner and watch a little **** tube. After a few hours she typically gets tired and moves to the bedroom TV and I get a few more hours of play. Sure I'd like to be playing that whole time but that would quickly lead to divorce....
  • Great fun topic to read :) :)
  • FourStringBass4
    1491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel for you OP. I've had a few GFs like this. The big problem is that they need to have a life outside of you. I ended up telling them it is not my job in life to entertain them. If they are bored, it's because they are boring. Mine were usually upset about my playing music, not video games, but the the principle is the same.

A GF with no hobbies or friends will expect her BF to be her source of entertainment.

Edit: I also don't condone playing every night. If you are ignoring her every night, you are setting yourself up to be dumped or cheated on.
  • Playing almost every night is a single person thing. You're best off to dump her if that's what you want. If not you have to just play when you get the chance and tell her you're doing your own thing tonight every couple days.
  • Nyro
    269 posts Member
    This is not the girl you are looking for...move along.
  • Happy wife, happy life. This applies to girlfriends as well. At least as long as you want to keep one.
  • Happy wife, happy life. This applies to girlfriends as well. At least as long as you want to keep one.

I never like that quote because to me it implies that you should be her slave and do what she wants all the time. Who could have a happy life doing that.
  • It's not about being a slave. It's about keeping her happy. I know I'll get flak for this but....she's more important than the video game.

Is she bored because she's trying to spend time with you or are you sharing the living and tv? If she's trying to spend time with you then make sure you spend some quality time with her before firing up the console. If it's a sharing the tv issue then it's a logistical problem, either split the time or get another tv.
  • This is the most amazing thread in the history of Battlefront forums. Haven't laughed this hard for a while.
  • This is the most amazing thread in the history of Battlefront forums. Haven't laughed this hard for a while.

#firstworldproblems

• blackhawk1189
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @jack_danieIs raises a great point. A few years ago when I was single, I was gaming all the time in my free time. I had nothing else to do besides that, work out, see family and friends. It doesn't really work like that as an adult with a job and partner, particularly if you live together.

@Reazy187 I hate to say it, but you have to find a compromise and/or adjust your priorities. I love video gaming and always have, but even I realized that in order to make my relationship and other priorities in life work, I had to completely tone back on the gaming. There are sometimes several day stretches where I won't get to play at all and that's just part of life. If you ever have children, gaming will happen even less. I'd rather make my girlfriend happy, keep our place clean and comfortable, than her start to resent me or hold video gaming over my head.

Plus, unless you want to be single, I feel pretty confident in saying that routinely choosing the game over her is going to push her away. Then, you'll have all the time to video game you want, but no girlfriend.

Here's my advice - talk to her about this. Tell her how you feel. Perhaps there is some kind of deal you guys can make. Or, you can just do what I do. I only video game if my girlfriend is getting ready, isn't home or is napping. Otherwise, we're spending time together. This actually worked out to my benefit just last night - I had a really stressful/exhausting day at work and she knew it, so when I got home, she actually TOLD me to go play video games because it would calm me down and take my mind off of things.

If she is literally around all the time and you feel suffocated, perhaps you need to tell her that, too. Maybe she does need to find ways to spend her free time - IMHO every healthy relationship requires some sort of space. You need to be able to do things on your own from time to time. Hell, she may end up realizing she has hobbies or interests she didn't realize.

Good luck!
  • OP, if this is a thing "every night," then perhaps you might examine if you are playing too much and if your girlfriend is genuinely feeling neglected and/or abandoned.

Gamins is great, but it should always take a backseat to maintaining a healthy relationship, imo. Boundaries are good, and you should have your own time and space to do your own thing, but if your gf is "bored," it's likely more about her wanting to connect with you on some level.
    If this post has been edited, it's not because I changed what I said. It's because I can't stand typos!
    I told her to get a book and start reading cuz she's bad at black ops and I hate losing all the time.

How ugly is she that shes still with you? :o

• I missed that part. My wife won't even play any video games much less a shooter.
  • First thread to request a nerf of a girlfriend. You can't make this stuff up.
  • I missed that part. My wife won't even play any video games much less a shooter.
    Occasionally my wife will play Centipede on our Mame cabinet while I take a quick turn on the Xbox. She's crazy good at that game but won't play anything else.

On the general topic of this thread, I look back on 35 years of gaming, and the only worthwhile memories are the ones that involved shared moments with friends. All the hours spent just playing to unwind ultimately don't mean a lot. Relationships matter. It's a game, don't let it ruin your life.
  • Slap some sense into her, you are the man afterall!
  • I would say just come home play an hour or so make dinner clean up play anouther hour or so while she does whatever like read a boo0k watch some TV then after a couple more hours stop playing and play with her, also i find my GF likes it when i just stop while playing and just give her a few min attention in between rounds, sure you miss a few minutes into the game but trust she will appretiate the attention even briefly over the game.
  • Lol lots of constructive ideas here guys, thanks. Maybe I should play a little less, but when this DLC hits I might have to buy her that spa package so I can level up