criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Homing shot and bowcaster getting buffed the next patch

Blazur
4468 posts Member
According to sledge, both of these weapons will be buffed in the next patch.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/644924/Star-Wars-Battlefront-EA-Update-Details-Weapons-Vehicles-Buffs

Would be curious to know if the barrage will ever be tweaked or if the team is happy with how it performs now?
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• Barrage is getting a damage buff. Its in a sticky on the weapons subforum.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    fyrefox46 wrote: »
    Barrage is getting a damage buff. Its in a sticky on the weapons subforum.

Ah, nice! Apologies for the repost. I always forget to check the other forums.
  • I like how they gutted the game abbr now it's time for the infant bandaid
  • fyrefox46 wrote: »
    Other items that will arrive in the February Update include weapon buffs against air vehicles, adjustments to barrage damage, DLT19 adjustments among other items.

Has it been confirmed that it's a barrage buff? Around here, "adjustment" usually means neuter.
  • CargoBuddy wrote: »
    Other items that will arrive in the February Update include weapon buffs against air vehicles, adjustments to barrage damage, DLT19 adjustments among other items.

Has it been confirmed that it's a barrage buff? Around here, "adjustment" usually means neuter.

Can they lower it anymore, is that even possible lol? Nobody is using it now for a reason
  • They can lower it. Nobody uses it anyway.

These dropper administered buffs they are probably going to give us is not going to solve anything.

Star cards have to be good enough that you want to use it always.
    And borderline OP in the right conditions
  • Good, now buff a half dozen other cards/weapons and make the game interesting instead of the snooze fest it is atm.
  • I agree.

I find it interesting that they used the words "buff" in talking about homing shot and bowcaster but the word "adjustment" when talking about barrage and DLT-19.

Can they really make barrage worse than it already is? Already it has almost no damage and takes forever to recharge...Can they possibly do anything to make it worse?
    CargoBuddy wrote: »

• Well, I'm glad Barrage is going to get a fix... I am not looking forward to the Bowcaster's return to glory, it was abused way too much, just like the pulse cannon is overused by almost everyone now. I really think there should be no ' One shot kill ' weapons in this game.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    tts42572 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that they used the words "buff" in talking about homing shot and bowcaster but the word "adjustment" when talking about barrage and DLT-19.

Sledge just wrote this...
    Just as an update as I know a lot of talk is going on around other weapons. Our team is touching more than what I had posted before and in most cases they are having more than one aspect adjusted.

Here is a quick list of items that are getting some changes: Bowcaster, Barrage, Homing Shot, ION Torpedo, Pulse Rifle, and the Cycler Rifle. The changes to the DLT19 revolved around the sounds and effects.

As soon as we have the final confirmation on the changes coming out of certification, we will share the full patch notes.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    tts42572 wrote: »

Sledge just wrote this...
    Just as an update as I know a lot of talk is going on around other weapons. Our team is touching more than what I had posted before and in most cases they are having more than one aspect adjusted.

Here is a quick list of items that are getting some changes: Bowcaster, Barrage, Homing Shot, ION Torpedo, Pulse Rifle, and the Cycler Rifle. The changes to the DLT19 revolved around the sounds and effects.

As soon as we have the final confirmation on the changes coming out of certification, we will share the full patch notes.

A pulse nerf it seems and the others are buffs