criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lost Connection in Game. Black Screen. PS4

My screen just went black in the latter part of a Walker Assault Hoth game and then a message said I lost connection. It wasn't my internet connection either! It happened yesterday, when a relative played, too.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• This has happened to me a couple of times, but only during the beginning of a match, no lost connection message, but the whole thing just kinda shut down for a couple seconds, then started backup... I did notice I was on the other team though.
  • This has happened to me a couple of times, but only during the beginning of a match, no lost connection message, but the whole thing just kinda shut down for a couple seconds, then started backup... I did notice I was on the other team though.

It happened again last night as I joined the middle of a Walker Assault game on Sullust. Definitely an EA server issue because I noticed the game was over, but the teams were still at battle. The Walkers were taken down before I arrived and there was like 20 red Y-Wing Bomber symbols along the top left of the screen. From the looks of it, there must been a glitch that delayed the Y-Wings for the Rebels. Lol.

As we kept playing without any objectives, there were long moments of serious firefights in the bunker hallways... very reminiscent of the Tantive IV battle at the beginning of SW: A New Hope! It was awesome and was nothing more than a 20 vs 20 team "Blast" match on a large map. And by golly, it worked, and it was nothing but absolute FUN! Since the launch of the this game, I have never seen so much excitement in all the games I played. About ten minutes later, the screen blacked out and gave us the "lost connection" message.

Honestly, after experiencing this, I wish they would give "Blast" game mode the larger maps!