criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anyone else getting killed all the time.

Prev1
I have an excellent internet connection. I'm a ps4 player and I have been finding that other players are literally one shoting me over and over while taking what seems like no damage at all from my fire.
I have given the game time and initially put it down to inexperience in the game or getting used to the feel of it but this is getting ridiculous. I'm getting to the stage where the game is no longer enjoyable.
Is anyone else finding this at all?
I understand that I'm not going to be the best player in the world but it seems like other players are taking me out from half a mile away with one shot while surviving about a dozen shots from myself (and I know I'm hitting them, I'm just not killing them for some reason).

Replies

• Are you on Wi-Fi and have you set matchmaking to only your local region? Hit detection is wonky sometimes, but it should be far from a 24/7 thing. Some people also recommend opening ports on your router to help.
  • Where are you from?

What Region do you play on?

What Platform are you on?

What level are you?

What equipment do you use?
  • From Northern Ireland.
    Platform ps4 (read the post before sarcastic know it all comments guys).
    Level 10.
    E-44. Grenades and cooling cell.

Seriously though. I know people are going to say quit complaining and that I'm probably going to get better.
    I also know there will be a lot of unhelpful comments dripping with sarcasm but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • funny how Aoe fire only kills me, but enemy can walk away when their proximity mines go off at their feet for an example. unless that black suit of armor gives ya 100% resistance to shotgun blast at point blank range i think somethings fishy is going on,
  • MentalTimeBomb
    2871 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    From Northern Ireland.
    Level 10.

Seriously though. I know people are going to say quit complaining and that I'm probably going to get better.
    I also know there will be a lot of unhelpful comments dripping with sarcasm but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    So you dont have acess to personal shield, Body Guard, Scout or really any type of defensive items yet then.

Personal shield stops blaster fire for a short time.
    Body Guard will reduce explosive damage at all stages and blaster damage at stage 3.
    Scout will remove you from radar at stage 1 and remove your weapons fire from radsr at stage 2.
    Try to get and use any of these as soon as possible.

I missed the ps4 part, my bad lol
    fyrefox46 wrote: »
    Are you on Wi-Fi and have you set matchmaking to only your local region? Hit detection is wonky sometimes, but it should be far from a 24/7 thing. Some people also recommend opening ports on your router to help.

• I get killed all the time. I'm middle of the pack on a good day. But it's only because I suck. That and I'm probably several drinks in by the time I fire up the Xbox.
  • From Northern Ireland.
    Level 10.

So you dont have acess to personal shield, Body Guard, Scout or really any type of defensive items yet then.

Body Guard will reduce explosive damage at all stages and blaster damage at stage 3.
    Scout will remove you from radar at stage 1 and remove your weapons fire from radsr at stage 2.

Are you on Wi-Fi and have you set matchmaking to only your local region? Hit detection is wonky sometimes, but it should be far from a 24/7 thing. Some people also recommend opening ports on your router to help.

I'll keep all that in mind. Guess I have to keep grinding up the levels until I get access to all that.

As frustrating as it is. It's not a bad game. More campaign would be nice for a break from getting my **** handed to me all the time
  • From Northern Ireland.
    Level 10.

I'll keep all that in mind. Guess I have to keep grinding up the levels until I get access to all that.

As frustrating as it is. It's not a bad game. More campaign would be nice for a break from getting my **** handed to me all the time
    Not sure if youve tried Fighter Squadron yet but its a little easier to level up there if youre worried about getting shot by Infantry players constantly. Kill as many AI as you can. Shoot the Transports and heros for extra points and xp.

There are a few tips on this forum by several players that will help you survive in Fighter Squadron until you have enough XP and Credits to get defensive infantrt gear. Check out Youtube too.

Look in the Vehicles and Starfighters section of the forums a well.
    @Skywalker485 and @Panzerfaurtz both have excellent Flying Guides in the Starfighter topics over there.

• YouTube videos. You will learn a lot. Not only tips videos but watch recorded live streams
  • I'm level 40, survivalist trait on PS4 in UK. I pretty much consistently get 20+ kills on Turning Point. A couple of days ago I had the same problem, no shots I fired were connecting and I was cannon fodder. It seemed like I was lagging by half a second or something. Played again yesterday and back to normal. It's possible but i'd say unlikely that I was having a day that bad, literally had no kills.

Could be a bug / glitch that we're experiencing or just an unfortunate combination of AAA opponents with bodyguard traits etc.. Who knows...

Sad times.
  • I think everyone is getting killed all the time in this game, except maybe a few top players. But i share your frustration to some degree. I have played the Battlefield-series from EA/Dice since the beginning (on PC and PS), but I have never played a game with a worse hit-detection than SW Battlefront. It just feels random, and as you said, I can fire rounds after rounds on the enemy and then get killed in an instant myself. That said, I dont think I`ll ever get comfortable playing FPS-games with a controller vs keyboard/mouse.

But hey, I try to be a happy gamer and enjoy it as best as I can...but I won't by the season pass on this one :)

• I'm level 40, survivalist trait on PS4 in UK. I pretty much consistently get 20+ kills on Turning Point. A couple of days ago I had the same problem, no shots I fired were connecting and I was cannon fodder. It seemed like I was lagging by half a second or something. Played again yesterday and back to normal. It's possible but i'd say unlikely that I was having a day that bad, literally had no kills.

Could be a bug / glitch that we're experiencing or just an unfortunate combination of AAA opponents with bodyguard traits etc.. Who knows...

Sad times.

It's absolutely possible to end up out of sync on occasion. While hard in something like turning point, best way to check is to find a prox bomb and get blown up as that takes a round trip to its owner and back between explosion on your screen and it actually triggering your death. I've had it hit a full second before :neutral:
  • Did some patch screw up Fighter Squadron? Yesterday it was rewarding a lot more credits and points per round than it does today. Went from 14-1700 credits per down to 3-400 all of a sudden.

I am level 45, I've been playing FPS games heavily over the last 20 years and I still get killed all the time. It's rough competing with 13yr olds who can devote half their waking hours to honing their skills lol.

It does get better as you can access more cards when you level up. I'm a Jetpack/thermal detonator guy personally, with the personal shield. Keep in mind it'll take time to learn to use the new goodies. I went from 2-3 kills per round in the beginning to 15-25 per round now. But often I'll have died as many times or nearly. And I wasted many a shield till I figured out when best to use it.

It can be frustrating. My advice, go into settings and raise the sensitivity of the directional stick, just a bit at a time. Too much and you'll never be able to aim, but I find the default setting to be too slow. Also get some kind of mind altering substance on board, and turn the volume low, it helps. :)
  • I get killed all the time. I'm middle of the pack on a good day. But it's only because I suck. That and I'm probably several drinks in by the time I fire up the Xbox.

Even with a great fast internet connection, the EA servers can be really bad...that might be the problem mainly. Other than that, I struggled at the beginning like everyone does, learning the controls till their second nature & also memorize every map will help a lot. You get better unlocks to help you & you just know how to be sneaky n stealthy which is big.
    Try to stay off the beaten paths where everyone runs & use the cover like trees n boulders to ambush players.
  • SpoonFett
    498 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Reached level 50 at the weekend - mostly through FS. Away for a couple of days and then into Supremacy and WA last night and continuously killed seconds after spawning (was middle of the table before).

(a) has matchmaking put me out of my depth?
    (b) is being a rodian or shadow trooper just a magnet for take-downs?
    (c) has sorting out portforwarding "improved" my (already LAN not WIFI) PS4 connection too much?
    (d) had that 3rd beer just slowed me down too much

One last weekend of FS A-Wing fun before the hitbox update :)
    Post edited by SpoonFett on
  • I'm middle of the pack as well - not a stellar player, but not horrible either. I also encounter the 'drill a sucker in the face at point blank range only to be one shot killed'. All. The. Time. That I just don't get; it's the most commonly occurring theme I experience

Haha, best times ever...friday night, open a bottle of cheap red wine and enter the battlefield. Reckless, but sometimes fierce >:)
  • Yes, I noticed a distinct difference last night. I was not getting credit for all my kills and I put 8 round from a T-21b into a rebel from 40m and he walked away with plenty of health. I also noticed some instant death too, I would get hit once and die, so something must have caused me not to see the other hits.
  • To the OP: I can totally relate to your experiences. I'm rank 17 and constantly get my but handed to me. I'm getting better at figuring out a strategy what gun and hand cards to use based on the level I'm playing in. On the other hand my 8 year old son is ranked 27 already and his skill is far past me. I don't allow him to play that often but he certainly has more hours playing than me. Like others are suggesting try to rank up in squadron, read strategies people post and focus on trait cards as soon as you can get them.
  • I have an excellent internet connection. I'm a ps4 player and I have been finding that other players are literally one shoting me over and over while taking what seems like no damage at all from my fire.
    I have given the game time and initially put it down to inexperience in the game or getting used to the feel of it but this is getting ridiculous. I'm getting to the stage where the game is no longer enjoyable.
    I understand that I'm not going to be the best player in the world but it seems like other players are taking me out from half a mile away with one shot while surviving about a dozen shots from myself (and I know I'm hitting them, I'm just not killing them for some reason).

You're not alone. The last several days I've noticed multiple occasions where I'm the only one in a room, I kill a guy and no points appear. I've also been on the wrong end of a couple of dozen one shot kills after unloading in their face. It almost seems like DICE is doing some testing and not telling us and it's screwing up hit detection and/or point recording.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • SpoonFett wrote: »
    (a) has matchmaking put me out of my depth?
    (b) is being a rodian or shadow trooper just a magnet for take-downs?
    (c) has sorting out portforwarding "improved" my (already LAN not WIFI) PS4 connection too much?
    (d) had that 3rd beer just slowed me down too much

One last weekend of FS A-Wing fun before the hitbox update :)

I'm going for a combination of (b) and (d). When I hit 50 and bought the skins, I found myself targeted when there was a choice of others around me. So I use standard skins now (except occasionally the shadow trooper on Endor). And I find my reflexes drop off after even beer #2. Though my irritation at dying seems to bear an inverse relationship to amount imbibed. So that's a win-win for overall enjoyment.
  • I know this feeling all too well. Some tips that helped me overall.

- Region: I used to have it set to automatic, and encountered lag a great deal of the time. I switched to region Western NA (I’m in western Canada), and this has helped a great deal in terms of greatly reduced lag.

- Weapons: when to aim (use aim down sights), and when to hip-fire. I used to ADS a lot and lost many gunfights. Many of the weapons are more accurate with hip-fire because of aim-assist. Play with the weapons and determine which work best for you in both modes (and distances).

- Rate of Fire (RoF): going full auto decreases accuracy on some weapons. This can be helpful up close, but often not so much at mid-long range (depending on weapon). Tap fire at mid-long range for greater accuracy.

- Aiming: I remind myself of this constantly. Instead of watching the player, watch your reticule and line it up with the player. Also, go for head shots for quick kills. Sometimes your initial aim will be at body; pull up as you fire to try and get that headshot. Makes a huge difference in how quickly you can take down an enemy unit.

- Playstyle: Being out in the open is just asking for it. Use cover all the time. Fight from cover. Run from cover to cover. Do a quick check around before moving from cover to cover, to minimize being attacked while on the move.

- Traits: They are great cards. I personally only use Bodyguard now. It has saved me from countless deaths. Try the different trait cards as you unlock them, and choose whichever cards that complement your playstyle and mode of play.

- Movement: Best to keep moving, even if it’s just back n forth, since being still is a wonderful target. Also, note that without the Scout trait card, any running of firing shows you on the radar. Practice movement, so you get used to running, but then walking and no longer appearing on the radar. Use cover while still, and you can often take players by surprise (assuming they are not using Scan Pulse card).

All the best

• Cheers lads for all the advice. It's much appreciated. I'll take it all on board and hopefully get my kill/death ratio up to a respectable level (currently at 33%

Lol, same here, but I have my good days...
    Vader is my dad...
  • girodal
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hooboy wrote: »

I'm going for a combination of (b) and (d). When I hit 50 and bought the skins, I found myself targeted when there was a choice of others around me. So I use standard skins now (except occasionally the shadow trooper on Endor). And I find my reflexes drop off after even beer #2. Though my irritation at dying seems to bear an inverse relationship to amount imbibed. So that's a win-win for overall enjoyment.

Haha, my tactics is to use the gorgeous Human 9 as skin, hoping that the 14-15 yr olds will show me some mercy...also, I would love to join a "Drunken Squad" with players thats just in it for the fun. Too bad there´s no squad-function in this game... :) #lovelyhuman09
  • Cheers lads for all the advice. It's much appreciated. I'll take it all on board and hopefully get my kill/death ratio up to a respectable level (currently at 33%

Good luck! I was in a bit of a K/D hole at first.. .5 or so. Now I'm up to .96 and climbing. Had a couple of matches last night that were 21 - 5, 28-9, etc. But I will say its hard to be consistent. Some maps work better with your playstyle, and some teams you go up against can be real good. Connection, team, map, weapons will all contribute to how well you do.

The number one thing that helps me, when I am doing bad or am having a bad game, is to slow down. Seriously, I would take my character for a stroll and look around the map. This did a couple of things. First, it prevented me from repeatedly running into a fray and getting pummeled. Second, I started noticing other areas and opportunities for me to attack. Teams tend to play the same way on maps they have played so often. We were down significantly in one match, but when we managed to interrupt their "routine" they couldn't recover. Finally, slowing down simply allowed me to relax a bit more, and have more fun. Which, in the end, improved my game. Don't be afraid to take your time. It will only help your K/d, as you may not be killing as much, but you are not dieing as much either. Go hide out for a bit. Take a timeout in game. Choose your encounters wisely. 3 people coming and you are alone? Run! (Unless of course you are playing objective based matches, I suggest practicing in Blast)
  • OP: I just went into settings (ps4), ea account, and changed my matchmaking region from automatic to europe. Just played a good round, after a few beers....it might be worth checking out.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    At first it's very tough - keep at it :-)

Might be lag BUT I am in the same region ( Europe ) and as said by others generally you will not have it all the time. The European servers are pretty good - only when I am in ( multi country ) party do I sometimes get the lag as I am now pulled to another region ( by Party leader ) where hit detection can be frustrating

HOWEVER today for fun/experimentation I just started up another account and started from scratch - because I am 'experienced' I can still easily beat (out gun ) others including levels 50s ( that are being pulled into the teams , proving the MM does not rule them out ! when players numbers are low )

I just have the basic grenade , DH-17 level 3 nothing else. It's map knowledge and familiarity. So keep at it I'm no great shakes as a player , do okay for my age, but it's practice and brain training

Play more intelligently

I have PS4 with direct wire to router ( through leckky mains )

PS Tip until the Feb patch comes out don't be tempted to buy/upgrade any weapons
  • I've been trying to figure out the 1-or-2 shot deaths myself. If you watch videos of other players playing, most of them are not one or two shot killing anyone. They look like they're hitting enemies about as much as anyone else, so what gives?
    Well, my guess is that they're actually hitting you more than you're led to believe. You only actually are shown one or two of the hits and the server's already registered you dead. It seems like that's fine because, hey...even playing field. But what gets frustrating about that is in many cases you're not able to react in a way to prevent your death. Before your brain can register an action based on the first 'thht' of getting hit, you're a goner.
    I'd think one way to alleviate this is to lower the playing field's weapon damage and/or increase player's health. So it takes more shots to kill someone. It makes gunfights more of a dance than a 'who shot first'. This is how battlefront 2 did it for the most part.
    In addition, battlefront 2 had the 'roll' action which was a godsend for getting outta the way. I'd think this would not be a huge issue to implement because two of the heroes already have that ability.
    Alternatively, they could alter the jetpack slightly so that you didn't insta-die if you tried to jetpack out of the way while getting shot. Make it so that the jetpack itself has to be the thing getting hit for that to happen, or make the jetpack have a small amount of health, similar to boba's jetpack but to a lesser degree.
  • Try using the faster firing blasters they seem to be alot more forgiving with lag. Dh17 and a280 seem to have the cleanest hit detection for me. T21b projectile speed is really slow and it makes it very hard to hit moving targets.
  • girodal wrote: »
    Hooboy wrote: »

Haha, my tactics is to use the gorgeous Human 9 as skin, hoping that the 14-15 yr olds will show me some mercy...also, I would love to join a "Drunken Squad" with players thats just in it for the fun. Too bad there´s no squad-function in this game... :) #lovelyhuman09

I don't know would be cool, but I get real baligerant... that's what I've been told :#
    Vader is my dad...
  • ive noticed an increase in deaths to quickly, being shot and killed instant game timer starts with a pulse cannon, being shot with a shock blaster at point blank range as if someone was freely walking to our spawn zone while the timer before game was still counting.. just a frustrating thought they are able to charge a pulse cannon to full charge soon as round timer starts and happen to get head shot from map of debri. yea idk. once every 10 games ill experience these what the what moments.
  • Oh Hells to the yeah OP. When I first started playing back at Christmas I died A LOT. I did get a little better after a few weeks, made level 50 etc. Then I went to playing Once or twice a week and PEW! or PEW PEW! Back to massive death to getting an actual kill ratio. Guessing my KD ratio in the end was .43 still.

Thats why I traded the game back to Gamestop for in store credit. $22 BUCKS BABY WOOT! Doesnt matter how Star Warzy it kinda feels...its a super mega twitch **** game for Pros. Cant afford to miss a single shot. And though its just lame teenagers or college students - the culture of the game where people run up to pretend to dry hump you after they kill you with the closest emote....yeah. I will just find another game thats more in depth or invigorating. Thinking a Story telling game or a something like Diablo 3. Dont need L33T Roxxor super max twitch octopus fingers only using the OP items of the game. Or abusing Ai mechanics or abusing spawn zones or abusing etc etc.
  • Yeah, I get killed repeatedly. For some reason, my blaster shots usually don't hit their mark, even though my connection is excellent I think it's the travel time for blaster rounds is so slow compared to other shooters where all weapons are hitscan- plus, I'm not used to the huge 20v20 battles of Walker Assault and such. Sometimes I round a corner, and the entire opposing team is standing there.

I never played the original Battlefront games online; I didn't have Xbox Live, so I played nothing but Galactic Conquest and Instant Action. Still hoping at least the latter comes to this game, and soon.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I'm level 50 and make top 3 often for points.

Yes, hit detection is weird at times. I noticed on HvV earlier today when playing as Han. I was needing several shots to kill standard Imperials at close to medium range. Yet the match before? I know the Han players were dropping Imperials in one or two shots.

As such, I played less aggressively to compensate. It must have been some minor lag that it made it look like I was landing shots on my screen... but to my targets? They probably saw me missing or jittering a bit.
  • Better example. I used lucky shot on Vader. It hit him... but the shot seemed to land several feet to his left. Yet he was still affected.

The shot worked fine. I was just seeing a delay because of server lag.
  • I have an excellent internet connection. I'm a ps4 player and I have been finding that other players are literally one shoting me over and over while taking what seems like no damage at all from my fire.
    I'm level 50 and make top 3 often for points.

Yes, hit detection is weird at times. I noticed on HvV earlier today when playing as Han. I was needing several shots to kill standard Imperials at close to medium range. Yet the match before? I know the Han players were dropping Imperials in one or two shots.

As such, I played less aggressively to compensate. It must have been some minor lag that it made it look like I was landing shots on my screen... but to my targets? They probably saw me missing or jittering a bit.

I know what you mean mate. I was getting average 36 kills a game now I'm lucky if I get 2 and I'm getting the drop on everyone i hit. Plus the game has become a sniper fest after the last patch. You can see the C-U-N-T-S all perched on high apparatus with their T21b targeting rifles and pulse cannons getting cheap kills. It's appear - die - appear - die - appear - die. Had enough of this pathetic game. I don't do cowardly snipering and poor hit detection.
  • Snipers are not that bad, the major problem is the PC is the only card worth using after the jan nerfs. So if you want to actualy kill folks people either JP PC or JP Therm, not many other options left, i personaly PC Therm :P
  • Lot of dying in this game for everyone. Some modes are worse than others. Hopefully the next patch will make it more reasonable. All I want is to have enough time to actually strategize a little. When you die within seconds of spawning there really is no strategy that helps your score.... just go full blown Rambo into combat and hope for more kills than deaths. Balancing the weapons and new maps/modes will make it more enjoyable though, that is, if they actually give it some thought and effort. Seems like they gave no thought or effort for decent game play before release.
  • They killed the rate of fire with Han's blaster, it's now nearly useless. The final F U to those of us sucked into the deluxe edition.
  • Arco
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's lag. I go 1.5-2:1 most of the time and things are normal. I can immediately tell when I've been put on a server outside of Australia and it just leads to me emptying a clip into someone's head for no result. Just quit out until you find a good game.

The game needs a server browser. I have 100 mbit fibre and I don't want to play with people on the other side of the world.

Just don't feel bad. It's no reflection on your level of skill.
  • YouTube videos. You will learn a lot. Not only tips videos but watch recorded live streams

This and this again...I'm sorry I haven't read all replies but this particular game lends itself to third person view simply because of the increased field of view. I learned via YouTube that in third person view, whether right or left shoulder, your weapon fires a bit more to that side so you need to compensate by aiming a bit to the other side and lead just a bit. Also above all else aim for the head, aim for the head and did I mention to aim for the head. You'll get a bit of extra score and even some awards for headshots.
  • BDMurdock1 wrote: »
    YouTube videos. You will learn a lot. Not only tips videos but watch recorded live streams

This and this again...I'm sorry I haven't read all replies but this particular game lends itself to third person view simply because of the increased field of view. I learned via YouTube that in third person view, whether right or left shoulder, your weapon fires a bit more to that side so you need to compensate by aiming a bit to the other side and lead just a bit. Also above all else aim for the head, aim for the head and did I mention to aim for the head. You'll get a bit of extra score and even some awards for headshots.

That's all good advice, but inapplicable to his situation. He's hitting people with lots of shots and getting one shotted. That's almost certainly a technical problem, not a skill problem.
  • Arco wrote: »

That's all good advice, but inapplicable to his situation. He's hitting people with lots of shots and getting one shotted. That's almost certainly a technical problem, not a skill problem.

Not necessarily. I had that same impression when I first began the game. I simply hadn't acquired the star cards needed to compete well (explosive bullets, etc.). It seemed like I was shooting nerf bullets at them and everyone else was shooting nukes at me.
  • This is why 3 months ago I said there should be a "noob server" for levels 1-10. get your feet wet, learn the game against other new folks. It was pretty clear in early Dec the Christmas crowd was going to get demolished.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Arco wrote: »
    It's lag. I go 1.5-2:1 most of the time and things are normal. I can immediately tell when I've been put on a server outside of Australia and it just leads to me emptying a clip into someone's head for no result. Just quit out until you find a good game.

The game needs a server browser. I have 100 mbit fibre and I don't want to play with people on the other side of the world.

Just don't feel bad. It's no reflection on your level of skill.
    Arco wrote: »
    BDMurdock1 wrote: »
    YouTube videos. You will learn a lot. Not only tips videos but watch recorded live streams

In retrospect acro you and he could certainly be correct about a technical issue. I also totally agree with your observation about which server you're on, there are games when I can't understand how I have such an unusually high k/do ratio, literally one shooting the opposition on a whim, and I know it's ping rate the server, perhaps that's more of his issue?
    I'm level 50 and make top 3 often for points.

I know what you mean mate. I was getting average 36 kills a game now I'm lucky if I get 2 and I'm getting the drop on everyone i hit. Plus the game has become a sniper fest after the last patch. You can see the C-U-N-T-S all perched on high apparatus with their T21b targeting rifles and pulse cannons getting cheap kills. It's appear - die - appear - die - appear - die. Had enough of this pathetic game. I don't do cowardly snipering and poor hit detection.

You know I don't disagree with you on a certain level, I hate gettin sniped from above over and over by a crowd but unless you just don't like the game those aren't cheap kills...they're just the types of kills that side gets and if you play the same game you can the exact same thing when you're on that side...what goes around comes around you know? The game is only one sided and in need of fixing and nerfing if you don't do and use all of the same things and exploits when you're the opposition...
  • Be sure to aim for the head. If it's not lag this is how they are dropping you so fast. If you hit the head an EE-3 can drop you in one burst. Become a head hunter! Makes a world of difference.
  • I have been finding that other players are literally one shoting me over and over while taking what seems like no damage at all from my fire. I have given the game time and initially put it down to inexperience in the game or getting used to the feel of it but this is getting ridiculous. I'm getting to the stage where the game is no longer enjoyable.
    I had great results with uninstalling the game, and no I'm not being sarcastic.
  • Arco
    176 posts Member
    Ryanoceros wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »

Not necessarily. I had that same impression when I first began the game. I simply hadn't acquired the star cards needed to compete well (explosive bullets, etc.). It seemed like I was shooting nerf bullets at them and everyone else was shooting nukes at me.

Sure, but this still happens to me long after I worked out how to play tolerably well. Some games I am great, and others it seems like the server is a half step ahead of me. I can often work out where the people I am playing with are from based on names (sports teams, country references, common given names) and I see more people obviously from outside Australasia when things are going bad. I live in New Zealand, which is like the Tatooine of the gaming world, so I'm used to high pings.

I've got good at noticing it now, so I just laugh and find another game The OP probably should change his region or play at a time when more people close to him are playing. He lives in NI, so he's probably much further from the European servers than the other players.