criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

What made you a Star Wars fan?

For me, it was the hype around The Force Awakens and the first teasers for this game. Maybe it's not official until I can recall what happened in the other 6 episodes, but at this point I've watched The Force Awakens, The Clone Wars animated show, and played Battlefront like crazy.
I should probably watch some of the old episodes... what are the best to watch and in what order, 1 to 6?

Replies

• If you've not seen them before, I think it's cool to watch them from where it started, IV-VI, then I-III. After that, chronological order rules. ;) (I'm not a TFA fan. Just sayin'.)
  • For me, it was Han solo and Darth Vader! My favorite SW movie is Ep 3 though.
  • Battlefront beta got me interested. Prequel films got me hooked.
  • Obi wan I always found him the coolest jedi (except in ep 1 but I pretend that movie never happened )
  • Those cool as hell imperial ATATs in episode V and general veers, the only competent officer in the whole empire! Plus the bad guys won!
  • Farad48
    298 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EpicSybe wrote: »
    Obi wan I always found him the coolest jedi (except in ep 1 but I pretend that movie never happened )
    Aah ya. To me, Yoda is the coolest jedi, with Obi Wan and Mace Windu following. Dude, purple lightsabers are amazing.
  • I honestly have no idea. I have been a fan of Star Wars since I can remember.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • X-Wing series PC games.
  • A comic book about the first movie mom bought me 20 years before. I am a fan since then.
  • I've been a Star Wars fan practically my whole life. One of my earliest memories is of getting a Boba Fett action figure for Christmas. I still have him, too.
  • Star Wars.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • I've been a Star Wars fan practically my whole life. One of my earliest memories is of getting a Boba Fett action figure for Christmas. I still have him, too.

One of the best toys I had as a kid was a Fett figure it was around 1' tall & had a grapple hook....loved it.
    At primary school the teachers allowed us to take a toy in on the last day of term.
    Of course I took Boba but a good mate of mine decided to see if he could fly at break time & launched my prized possession into the air.
    Still remember picking up the pieces of the twisted bounty hunter.

• I became a fan when they first started making LEGO Star Wars, about 17 years ago, I think... then I picked up my first Star Wars video game- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on the N64. I was a little kid back then...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Not games like this.
  • Star Wars since the day i was born.

IDK i grew up when the hype from the OT was dying off, i watched all the movies all the time, got books/action figures, was captured by the "expanded universe" before the next 3 even came out. Sci-Fi was always around Dr. Who/Star Treck but i loved me my SW.

THEN the next 3 movies came out (still a kid) and the hype was real. Fondest memories of back then. SW and George Lucas got me into everything. Just the styles, the art, the story, read SO many books on it, hell i even liked the engineering of the robots, went to so many conventions. I was like 10 and could tell you how a B-wing flys.

Star Wars sort off died off a bit...

But now it's back!!! ^-^ Bring on the new movies! I'm so glad other people get to enjoy a new age of Star Wars!
  • My dad got me into Star Wars (and Stargate) when I was young. I'm so happy he did, because I love the Star Wars universe.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Saw Star Wars opening night in 1977. Forced to sit in front row. When the Star Destoyer went overhead that was it for Me.
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been a Star Wars fan practically my whole life. One of my earliest memories is of getting a Boba Fett action figure for Christmas. I still have him, too.

Same basically my whole life too I watched one of the movies when I was little and that's when I got into it so I watched them all from Episode 1-7 lol
  • When The Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980 I seen it at the drive in( at some point while it was out). I was probably two years old. My parents drove a HJ 308 brown wagon with the front bench. I will never forget it especially the words "I am your father" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now I am here.
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Jimmah
    42 posts Member
    Umm Princess Leia.
  • Saw Star Wars opening night in 1977. Forced to sit in front row. When the Star Destoyer went overhead that was it for Me.

Same here and It was my birthday too! Talk about a gift that keeps on giving, ha ha. That overhead Star Destroyer shot still gives me goose bumps.
  • For some reason my dad always told me as a kid that I wouldn't like Star Wars. Well needless to say, he was wrong.
    I was too young to experience the original trilogy, being born in 91.
    I ended up renting episode 1 on VHS at a blockbuster. I was in like 3rd grade I believe. I absolutely loved the movie! It was my first true star wars experience.
    After that I picked up the Special Edition box set of the original trilogy on VHS and watched them all.
    I was hooked. From then on I played every single star wars game, including board games and of course tons and tons of action figures and spaceships!
    I had some of the coolest toys ever.
    ฯGreatVegetableฯ

• Farad48
    298 posts Member
    I just watched episode 4 for the first time in maybe 7 years. I wish Biggs had lived!
  • I have been a fan since I was 6-7 years old. Two years later, RotS came out as well as Lego Star Wars and Star Wars: Battlefront 2, so 2005 was a really great year for me as a Star wars lover. However, I did not see RotS on cinema, I had to wait til' it came out on Blue-Ray, then my dad, my brother and I watched the whole series in chronological order. Damn, I miss mid 2000's...
  • Farad48 wrote: »
    I just watched episode 4 for the first time in maybe 7 years. I wish Biggs had lived!

Especially when you see the deleted scenes he was in.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Just by pure fact that it looked ******* awesome, and to me nothing could have compared.
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    The movies didn't impress me. I saw e04 in Summer 84 at the Embassy of the US in Beijing. (mom was a diplomat) I didn't even understand English at the time.
  • For me I watched the movies when I was younger all the time. I played the SW Lego games. Also Star Wars Clone wars Adventures. So i have always been a Star
    Battlefront II needs Captain Rex!!
  • Wars fan.
    Battlefront II needs Captain Rex!!
  • EpicSybe wrote: »
    Obi wan I always found him the coolest jedi (except in ep 1 but I pretend that movie never happened )

we all does
  • I've been a Star Wars fan for around 17 years. Since I was little, I enjoyed playing with LEGOs- and in 1999, LEGO began making Star Wars sets. I saw the sets, thought they were cool, and before I knew it I started getting into the movies, then video games, and later books from the old Expanded Universe. I got my very first video game when I was around 8-years old, and it was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • The Clone Wars TV show.
    Besides my love for Republic Commando, I was never a big star wars guy or considered myself a fan when I was younger, I saw the special editions in the 90's, the prequels, but I was never really into star wars or like some people, obsessed. I enjoyed them when I saw them and moved on, it was never something that grabbed me or defined me, specially the prequels, then many years later I ended up in the hospital a while back and Netflix had recently added all the seasons of clone wars for streaming, I wanted to watch something simple and funny, like a cartoon show to clear my head from the situation while recovering and I took a stab at this show, that's when my love for star wars started, loved the whole band of brothers focus on the show and that every episode had a new adventure set in a different part of this vast universe that barely gets touched on in the movies because it always focuses on the Skywalkers, loved the characters, settings, world building etc., It has a special place in my heart, and made me apreciate the films that I didn't care much for before, so much that I got the digital copies of the laser disc versions without the special edition stuff that was added.

I was very late to the star wars party.
  • I seen the OT in theaters as a young kid
    Had most of the original toys
    Been a fan since the beginning
    It was fun to take my kids to see the last 3 episodes..and now the 7th

I'm 42...so I've been a fan well over 30 years
  • I was a fan as long as I remember. I had all the original figures handed down from my older sister (who, herself, dressed as Princess Leia for Halloween). I remember still going to the Toys R' Us and Playworld and seeing the original run of the Return of the Jedi figures and vehicles being displayed. Watched our VHS tapes recorded from HBO with my dad until they were worn out, and remember discussing theories of Obi-Wan and Anakin's past with him before the prequels were even a glimmer in Fox's bank account. It was great going to see the SE's and prequels in the theater with him, and now ep 7 with him and my wife. Looking forward to 8 and 9, as well as the anthologies, and bringing a few new Star Wars fans into the world.
  • I am a fan of the first 3 movies (ep 4,5,6) but for the most part I found the last 4 to be very cheesy. I was also a fan of battle front 2 but find 3 to also be cheesy. I think both the new movies and games lack soul and creativity, something that the early stuff had lots of.
  • Watching New Hope when I was 4.

"Dark Vader!"
  • princess leia in ice cold water wearing nothing more than a gold bikini..
  • Jar Jar brought me here...
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    It's a flavor of the month thing for me actually.