criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Issues after Feb Patch

Prev1
I played a couple of hours post-patch and wanted to start a thread for any new issues without the 'git gud lol' 'no u scrub' crap.

Noticed in Fighter Squadron that shots are now veering wildly off to the side of the reticle.

I picked up two AT-ST tokens on Twilight Hoth Turning Point that didn't appear when called.

Played as an Imp guard and Homing Shot is still pretty pointless, too hard to lock means it'll stay unused.

I spawned three times under an Orbital Strike on Sullust Turning Point in one match. (and thinking back I'm 95% sure they weren't partner starts).

Replies

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So, about the only thing they got right with the update is the A-wing hit box. The following are still busted:

1. Hit detection is still garbage. I'm losing between 3-5 kills per match.
    2. The ion torpedo and homing shot are now broke, you have to zoom twice to have the reticle appear.
    3. Hero Hunt still sux.
    4. Thermal detonator, homing shot, barrage still useless.
    5. Spawn points still suck big-time.

Overall I'm noticing more glitches now than before as well.

Cmon DICE, this is stuff that should have been fixed a day after the last update.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • MadBoomBoom
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So no new content added at all? No new customization options? Not even one? lol No new weapons?Not even one? Fail
  • So no new content added at all? No new customization options? Not even one? lol No new weapons?Not even one? Fail
    So no new content added at all? No new customization options? Not even one? lol No new weapons?Not even one? Fail

We got the map and game mode, where are all these new weapons we got in the last patch you are seeming to think we got?
  • Hey what do you think would happen if everything, and I mean EVERYTHING - got fixed in just one patch? People would be satisfied and stop complaining, the love-hate relationship would end, many would stop playing the game because of said satisfaction. The fixes will be spread along the whole year to keep things interesting, making people come back for more "improvements"

Give a hungry person a small snack, he'll keep asking for more. Give a hungry person a huge meal, he'll have a full belly and not complain and be on his way.

Hooray for psychology.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Exactly. What a load of bull. They basically made us all pay $60+ to be play testers.
  • karyotic wrote: »
    [quote="

We got the map and game mode, where are all these new weapons we got in the last patch you are seeming to think we got?

I never said we got weapons in the last patch. We WANT CONTENT not bug/minor tweaks as they are to be expected. It's laziness on their part.
  • Sorry Op but this update has done really well.. Go play something else nerf hearder..
  • I think you probably just suck at this game. Post your stats if your gonna trash like 8 different things a few hours after a patch.
  • again lousy update just more downgrades make game flat and boring
  • I think you probably just suck at life.
  • It's free and that map is frikkin awesome
  • Brainiac wrote: »
    again lousy update just more downgrades make game flat and boring

I take it you didn't read the patch notes.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • You really say that the thermal sucks???
    What have you been drinking?
  • So no new content added at all? No new customization options? Not even one? lol No new weapons?Not even one? Fail

Are you confusing the free update with the dlc thst comes with all of the new things you ask for in your whiny sweet angelic little post?

The DLC with all those features is coming soon my entitled cherub. Just you wait, have mommy take you to the mall for a soft serve to hold you over til it happens. Don't go off on your own though! Stay close to mum there's creepers out there.
  • Thermal is top 3 best cards. Comment really shows your skill level
  • Thermal is top 3 best cards. Comment really shows your skill level

For you maybe. That really shows your skill level.
  • briandt75 wrote: »
    Thermal is top 3 best cards. Comment really shows your skill level

For you maybe. That really shows your skill level.

Lol you say it's bad that shows your skill level I think ; )
  • MoistGamer wrote: »

Are you confusing the free update with the dlc thst comes with all of the new things you ask for in your whiny sweet angelic little post?

The DLC with all those features is coming soon my entitled cherub. Just you wait, have mommy take you to the mall for a soft serve to hold you over til it happens. Don't go off on your own though! Stay close to mum there's creepers out there.

The game barely came with any content and you think the DLC will? lol you must not be that sharp.
  • Nice map, but as for the 'fixes', you are right, they didn't fix anything. The pulse cannon is still absurdly over-powered. They should only let that thing be a one shot kill at full charge, otherwise it should not kill on one shot. The imperials in fighter squadron are still dog meat. The rebels still win by a two to one ratio. Boring. The homing shot is still useless. The spawn locations and distance to combat is still annoying ... run, run, run. Yep, they could have done much better.
    But the map is nice!

The game barely came with any content and you think the DLC will? lol you must not be that sharp.

You read the DLC content? It's the double of the game we have
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MoistGamer wrote: »

No, I said nothing of quantity. Nothing. In fact I would agree that the quantity had been subpar. But that's what the DLC are for, that's where they will be doing weapons etc etc. This was not the first of 4 dlc updates, this was a free update .

I think the not sharp comment must've been some self reflection yes? Or do you just need an excuse to be angry (no need to answer it's obviously the 2nd)

Let me know what kind of soft serve you get
  • Ryanoceros wrote: »
    Nice map, but as for the 'fixes', you are right, they didn't fix anything. The pulse cannon is still absurdly over-powered. They should only let that thing be a one shot kill at full charge, otherwise it should not kill on one shot. The imperials in fighter squadron are still dog meat. The rebels still win by a two to one ratio. Boring. The homing shot is still useless. The spawn locations and distance to combat is still annoying ... run, run, run. Yep, they could have done much better.
    But the map is nice!

Exactly. These fanboys will put anything in their mouths and swallow it down.
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Ryanoceros wrote: »
    Nice map, but as for the 'fixes', you are right, they didn't fix anything. The pulse cannon is still absurdly over-powered. They should only let that thing be a one shot kill at full charge, otherwise it should not kill on one shot. The imperials in fighter squadron are still dog meat. The rebels still win by a two to one ratio. Boring. The homing shot is still useless. The spawn locations and distance to combat is still annoying ... run, run, run. Yep, they could have done much better.
    But the map is nice!

Before you lump me into the fan boy category based off my comments above,brian, know that I share the same gripes as you. I'm simply pointing out to another challenged poster that this free update was NOT the dlc which is why no new weapons or star cards etc etc.

In terms of actual fixes there is much more to be done. much more. I do disagree with the detonator part though. Whats wrong with it? I did notice I wouND people more often (instead of killing them outright) if that's what you mean.
  • MadBoomBoom
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EpicSybe wrote: »
    ]
    ]l

You read the DLC content? It's the double of the game we have.

yes for the cost of another game. It should be free since we already paid for the barebones game
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Its an expensive game as a stand alone but so what? Dlc pass gives us x2 more content. Yes its still very expensive but you're getting alot more. I disagree on the bare bone games price. Shouldve been 30- 40 bucks. But the season pass for all the x2 content is worth those 60 bucks imo.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The game should have been designed as a single player story. The multi player should have been all dlc included in the season pass.
  • Its an expensive game as a stand alone but so what? Dlc pass gives us x2 more content. Yes its still very expensive but you're getting alot more. I disagree on yhe bare bone games price. Shouldve been 30- 40 bucks. But the season pass for all the x2 content is worth those 60 bucks imo.

I would agree with you 100% IF we werent handed a broken, barely playable bare bones version of a game on release. I mean in truth 5 months after release and we STILL have broken spawns, air imbalance, no in game chat, HORRIBLE MM, along with no incentive for objective play so people still just sit and camp hero/vehicle tokens non stop all game.

And they STILL havent fixed any of that despite the patches they've done. When you take that, asking for another 60 bucks just so we can have a decent playable game is kind of a slap in the face. IF they had fixed the MASSIVE HUGE PROBLEMS THAT ARE A HAIRSBREADTH FROM MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE IN EVERY FACET, i would understand. I mean im a decent player, and i can normally score at the top of the pack if not very close in most games, and I'm still unhappy with these things. I can only imagine how mind numbingly horrible it is for "just your average gamer" which this game was marketed to.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Mp games take alot of time to make and you'd never get as much competitive action in sp. Mp mode is the focus of this game. Sp would take 2 years to create if done on a large scale. It'll never happen, only a sp mode for offline. Maybe as stand alone game later.
  • Slapimus wrote: »
    Its an expensive game as a stand alone but so what? Dlc pass gives us x2 more content. Yes its still very expensive but you're getting alot more. I disagree on yhe bare bone games price. Shouldve been 30- 40 bucks. But the season pass for all the x2 content is worth those 60 bucks imo.

I would agree with you 100% IF we werent handed a broken, barely playable bare bones version of a game on release. I mean in truth 5 months after release and we STILL have broken spawns, air imbalance, no in game chat, HORRIBLE MM, along with no incentive for objective play so people still just sit and camp hero/vehicle tokens non stop all game.

And they STILL havent fixed any of that despite the patches they've done. When you take that, asking for another 60 bucks just so we can have a decent playable game is kind of a slap in the face. IF they had fixed the MASSIVE HUGE PROBLEMS THAT ARE A HAIRSBREADTH FROM MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE IN EVERY FACET, i would understand. I mean im a decent player, and i can normally score at the top of the pack if not very close in most games, and I'm still unhappy with these things. I can only imagine how mind numbingly horrible it is for "just your average gamer" which this game was marketed to.

Thank you. Like, why am I playing a game that's not consistently being upgraded, it's consistently being FIXED. If I went to a restaurant and they kept screwing up my order, would I eat there again? Doubtful .
  • No real changes to gameplay to note.air power dominance over imperial infantry unaffected. Additions welcome but would have preferred better re-balancing
  • Slapimus wrote: »
    Its an expensive game as a stand alone but so what? Dlc pass gives us x2 more content. Yes its still very expensive but you're getting alot more. I disagree on yhe bare bone games price. Shouldve been 30- 40 bucks. But the season pass for all the x2 content is worth those 60 bucks imo.

Imbalance? Its a battlefield game and forcing people to do the ojective would never work imo. People always want to do their own thing or they'd feel railroaded. As for bugs, yeah. That sucks and the present nerfs suck even more because they weren't fully adressed. Boba, homing shot, barrage, impact grenade, even bowcaster still feels lame. Oh well, I guess they need more testers and not rely only on feedback. At least on the bright side the game still plays well (mostly) and is not a cod lol.

briandt75 wrote: »
    Ryanoceros wrote: »
    But the map is nice!

Before you lump me into the fan boy category based off my comments above,brian, know that I share the same gripes as you. I'm simply pointing out to another challenged poster that this free update was NOT the dlc which is why no new weapons or star cards etc etc.

In terms of actual fixes there is much more to be done. much more. I do disagree with the detonator part though. Whats wrong with it? I did notice I wouND people more often (instead of killing them outright) if that's what you mean.

My apologies. I didn't mean to grind you for your comments. It's just frustrating that DICE seems to think that fixing a game that should have never been released the way it (still) exists is some sort of gift to us. Shockingly inept
  • I have a problem with the Pulse Cannon. I'm standing still, the enemy is standing still, I charge it and shoot it and the shot lands 5 meters from the enemies ... WTF?
  • Ok yeah air imbalance and incentive to do objective I agree on too. Especially air imbalance lol. More rewards for doing or helping with objectives would help and should apply selectively to players who participate and reward them separately.
  • EpicSybe wrote: »
    ]
    ]l

You read the DLC content? It's the double of the game we have.

yes for the cost of another game. It should be free since we already paid for the barebones game

Right here!
  • Yeah the Imp/honor guard's homing shot should be how the original homing shot was IMO.
  • Hello. Is it me you're lookin for?
  • MrMxyzptlk wrote: »
    I have a problem with the Pulse Cannon. I'm standing still, the enemy is standing still, I charge it and shoot it and the shot lands 5 meters from the enemies ... WTF?

It still happens? Well thats just great...
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Game is still bollix
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.
  • Got killed by myself in a T-47 on Walker assault on Twighlight Hoth while in open air with no obstacles to hit.
  • Not an issue I suppose, but my game just locked up on me again, this time on Endor Supremacy. And I was rolling too.. arghhhh
  • So, yeah. All issues fixed, right fanboys? Games perfect, right?
  • Thanks to whichever mod decided to shovel the exact thread I was trying to avoid into this one :thumbsup:
  • I don't understand people that say Thermal Detonators are useless. I have been killed by them way more since the Jan update than anytime before that. Maybe you are just bad with them, like I am.
  • MrMxyzptlk wrote: »
    I have a problem with the Pulse Cannon. I'm standing still, the enemy is standing still, I charge it and shoot it and the shot lands 5 meters from the enemies ... WTF?

Yes, before and after the patch, happened a lot last night post update. Shots were landing 4 body-widths away from the enemy, usually to the right but I've had them veer overhead too. I just think it's server issues because my primary is sometimes a little off target as well. It's noticeable from match to match.
  • SalaciousBomb
    842 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't understand people that say Thermal Detonators are useless. I have been killed by them way more since the Jan update than anytime before that. Maybe you are just bad with them, like I am.

Agreed.

I used to use Barrage, and loved it, until the horrible cooldown nerf, which is still horrible after this patch (should be 25sec upgrade imo).

Thermal Detonator is what I'm using now. It is far from useless. Recently managed some 3 and 4 player kills with it.
    So, yeah. All issues fixed, right fanboys? Games perfect, right?

Then go away ****
    So, yeah. All issues fixed, right fanboys? Games perfect, right?

Then go away ****
  • Ignore it, someone saw fit to dump the septic tank from the other thread in here. There are a few real problems in this patch and it's best they don't get lost in all the 'u fanboy lol git gud u suck no u suck' crap.

Sounds like a Scrub complaint ^^^^