criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Issues after Feb Patch

2Next

Replies

• Played for a few hours today with the new patch....

It might just be me....But the game really felt a bit different. Honestly, I swear the weapons are different or something....I mean, it just seemed like everything was mowing me down much faster than it was. Maybe I just had a bad connection or something....But almost any gun seemed like it was putting me down in like 1 or 2 hits in many games.

I'm a level 50 and have a pretty good feel for how I play....And there were numerous times I wasn't even able to activate my shield in time to save me when I've always been able to before.

Maybe it was a case of not many people having the update yet or something or having poor connections....But it definitely felt a little different.

As for the changes to the star cards and such, I really see no difference in anything except maybe the cycler....The rest all feels just as useless as it was.

• xxMillhouse
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Anyone else have to reset their primary weapon after loading game up Mine goes back to default DLT19. Not a big deal but never did this before today.

Between my game locking up today, and shield ramming TIEs not fixed, Im about to go darkside on Dice one of these days. Because quite honestly they do deserve some of criticism for the only Star Wars game in the next gen era.
  • I picked up two AT-ST tokens on Twilight Hoth Turning Point that didn't appear when called.

Had this same issue. Also a lot of little hang ups on slopes that should be walkable.
  • Anyone else have to reset their primary weapon after loading game up Mine goes back to default DLT19. Not a big deal but never did this before today.

Between my game locking up today, and shield ramming TIEs not fixed, Im about to go darkside on Dice one of these days.

Mine also reset to DLT19 but only after a series of bad connections that booted me from game.

• Can't wait to play! As soon as it's downloaded and I finish motorboating my wife I'm all about it!
  • Other than minor bug fixes, I think the focus needs to be on content; it is frustratingly lacking. I suppose it's a free map, but the only thing I see with this update is just that, one map. Oh and I guess a hero skin...

Can DICE not just bug fix from time to time without having to package it as a part of these "free content" patches? "oh boy that gun sounds slightly different!".......

Reeeeaaalllyyyy hoping Outer Rim has 100x more content than these lame updates. No real desire to play at the moment.
  • Ion shot is totally useless. Home ingredients shot still total garbage, it never locks on!!! The dlt 19 is still total garbage as well. It needs to have something that makes it special
  • First off I want to say I love this new update! The new map is awesome and the nerfs were fixed just enough! Thank you for the free content EA/Dice. However has anyone else found the glitched spot on the new map where you can walk under the snow and hide under the map?
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Overall a great patch. Here are some realistic things I would like to see in the future, mainly not relating to cosmetics.
    • Server browser! I feel like a lot of people have given up on this. I think it still needs to happen, especially for PC, though us consolers would appreciate it too. One thought I had to expand on this was with "private matches" - I think people should be allowed to make their own matches public, and perhaps you could implement a match browser, y'know?
    • Aiming is still off in third-person for sniper rifles (pulse cannon and cycler rifle). In my opinion, they should automatically go into the first-person zoom no matter what camera perspective you are using. Also, pulse cannon shot seems to go wild a lot, completely missing the target even when precisely aiming at it, regardless of the camera.
    • The barrage still feels like it's taking too long. The charging takes a while and the time for the little bombs to explode takes a while too. It was fine how it was before it was totally nerfed in my opinion, maybe a slight increase in the time it took to charge, but they were possible to escape.
    • Autobalance is still desperately needed, in my opinion. By this, I mainly am referring to team shuffling between matches. Some teams are full of pro's while the other full of noobs. Sometimes the teams are like, 20 vs 13, which is just unfair.
    • As much as I love using my pulse cannon on heroes, it does an incredible amount of damage. I'm not sure how I myself feel about this, but perhaps it should be toned down a bit. Or it can be left alone, either way.
    • Spawn points on Twilight need some fixing imo. I often spawn in kill points.
    • Small glitch on Twilight when you go beneath the snow. I love this glitch, it doesn't seem to do any harm, but it's still there nonetheless.
    • Impact grenade is still pretty worthless at the moment. I think it should be brought back into the circle of star cards.
  • Overall I thought this patch was okay, just really would like the spawn points fixed.
  • Upon playing it some more, I like the new map and that it's available for most modes. They keep the various modes fresh by placing the objective points in different areas. Love the aesthetic of Hoth at night with lamps and flares and explosions illuminating the landscape. I agree that spawn points need some attention, especially for WA. Turning point on all maps just makes sense, and I really enjoy it on Outpost Beta and Endor. Can't wait for Outer Rim...need. More. Content.
  • My two cents worth on the Feb patch:
    I think the guys at DICE have done well with the new maps as far as TP, Supremacy and WA goes, It's new "content" we never had. The game remains a GREAT game, the herders complaining about the OP weapons should now finally be mute and the ones unhappy about over-nerfing should also be happy with the (slight) buffs, at least nothing else was nerfed to the point of uselessness.
    I can't say much for fighter squadron, I haven't played it since the patch. I only play the big game modes like WA, Supremacy and TP, all seems well and a lot of fun was had in the hour or 2 played last night.
    There is definitely a problem with the Pulse Cannon aiming though (at long range), close up (between 25 and 50m) it seems to be OK.
    My biggest gripe (and probably the only one) is that applying a patch to fix things, shouldn't break others (referring to the pulse cannon here).
    Overall though, great job guys ! I think the game is far more balanced now than it ever was.
  • I forgot one, playing Turning Point on Sullust and I died from an Orbital Strike inside a hangar corridor.
  • "Shut up!"

"No, you shut up!"

"Ok, everyone just shut up!"

Amazing how fast threads deteriorate if you have something positive to say.
  • Pulse canon stealth-nerf to add 3 degree drift to aiming while moving and zoomed in - that sucks! Love the rest of the patch but am noticing more issues with terrain glitches, collisions with invisible objects etc. More testing required.
  • I cant even connect to a game right now off work today, and all my stats, unlockables, and Diorama is back to zilch. BUT I still have my credits at 100k plus. Will try a hard reboot on my XBone to see if that makes a difference, which I doubt.
  • "Shut up!"

"No, you shut up!"

"Ok, everyone just shut up!"

Amazing how fast threads deteriorate if you have something positive to say.

Being negative demands less effort, whereas being the opposite demands more.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"