criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

DICE, any plans to eventually add a server browser or player count for given modes?

Blazur
4468 posts Member
Is this something your team has considered for a future improvement to this game? Or is it your intent to stick entirely with matchmaking as a means of finding a game?

Anybody with Twitter willing to ask the vocal devs about the subject matter?

Thanks.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

  • There's no point asking for server browsing. It won't be coming. The game has now shipped and the only stuff inbound will be odd balance/nerfing and the paid DLC. Just wait for the blog claiming what they knew was wrong with this game, admit they should have done better than state SWBF EA 2 will have X Y and Z from day 1. Fall for that, you deserve what you get.
  • kn05is
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's not too late to implement this, and would guarantee the return of players frustrated with the matchmaking system and the lack of control we have. Another essential feature they are missing are team ballances.
  • You can't have server browers blazur. Your not allowed
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    NeroG100 wrote: »
    You can't have server browers blazur. Your not allowed

    I see English isn't your first language. But thanks for the bump!
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur, for your insolence you will only get an Invalid CSRF Token xD
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    TrigAntrax wrote: »
    Blazur, for your insolence you will only get an Invalid CSRF Token xD

    I've already collected 263 of them. Can they be traded in for extra credits?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Bena007
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    HeIl no if DICE is ever going to admit how little people are actually playing this game :joy:
  • Blazur wrote: »
    TrigAntrax wrote: »
    Blazur, for your insolence you will only get an Invalid CSRF Token xD

    I've already collected 263 of them. Can they be traded in for extra credits?

    If only right?
    But back on topic, I do feel that this needs to be addressed. Especially, with the upcoming DLC that will fragment the player base.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    NeroG100 wrote: »
    You can't have server browers blazur. Your not allowed

    I see English isn't your first language. But thanks for the bump!

    English isn't a language, its a metaphor
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Is this something your team has considered for a future improvement to this game? Or is it your intent to stick entirely with matchmaking as a means of finding a game?

    Anybody with Twitter willing to ask the vocal devs about the subject matter?

    Thanks.

  • i am considering buying this game if it has a server browser is it in the game yet?
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    buster wrote: »
    i am considering buying this game if it has a server browser is it in the game yet?

    Nope.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    This is a subject DICE has actively ignored since before the game was even launched.

    You'll have more luck drawing blood from a stone.
  • Ive quit more games this last week in supremacy due to servers not being full than I can remember since whenever. I even tried WA again, and first game I joined up by 2nd match there were like 10 guys on rebels, and 2 on empire by end of it. XBone east coast servers :/
  • Official response regarding the matchmaking not working:

    HsIOdme.jpg
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    Official response regarding the matchmaking not working:

    HsIOdme.jpg

    What's a server brower?
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*
  • @Renzo_Ulaban
    :D :D :D :D

    And he's locked out too.

    What did he do for that? I've come across some characters in forums before, but dude was on a mission.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    This is a subject DICE has actively ignored since before the game was even launched.

    You'll have more luck drawing blood from a stone.

    Yeah, I don't really have much hope it'll happen. Figured it's at worth asking about, however. If somebody has Twitter maybe they could ask there? We don't seem to get much feedback on the forums.
    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    I did my research, and while it was a concern I still bought the game because ultimately it was fun. But in reality there was no issue finding games at launch.

    Last night my friends and I couldn't find a game of supremacy, droid run, blast, or fighter squadron. We even played a full round of FS just against bots which was fun for about a minute. It's a critical issue right now, and knowing that I cannot responsibly buy the season pass.

    And before you jump to conclusions we don't need offline bots to save Battlefront. We need a better mechanism for finding games and an infusion of more players to play against.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • NeroG100
    991 posts Member
    Official response regarding the matchmaking not working:

    HsIOdme.jpg

    Omg!! Lol
  • Blazur wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    This is a subject DICE has actively ignored since before the game was even launched.

    You'll have more luck drawing blood from a stone.

    Yeah, I don't really have much hope it'll happen. Figured it's at worth asking about, however. If somebody has Twitter maybe they could ask there? We don't seem to get much feedback on the forums.
    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    I did my research, and while it was a concern I still bought the game because ultimately it was fun. But in reality there was no issue finding games at launch.

    Last night my friends and I couldn't find a game of supremacy, droid run, blast, or fighter squadron. We even played a full round of FS just against bots which was fun for about a minute. It's a critical issue right now, and knowing that I cannot responsibly buy the season pass.

    And before you jump to conclusions we don't need offline bots to save Battlefront. We need a better mechanism for finding games and an infusion of more players to play against.

    You're on lockdown?
  • Blazur wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    This is a subject DICE has actively ignored since before the game was even launched.

    You'll have more luck drawing blood from a stone.

    Yeah, I don't really have much hope it'll happen. Figured it's at worth asking about, however. If somebody has Twitter maybe they could ask there? We don't seem to get much feedback on the forums.
    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    I did my research, and while it was a concern I still bought the game because ultimately it was fun. But in reality there was no issue finding games at launch.

    Last night my friends and I couldn't find a game of supremacy, droid run, blast, or fighter squadron. We even played a full round of FS just against bots which was fun for about a minute. It's a critical issue right now, and knowing that I cannot responsibly buy the season pass.

    And before you jump to conclusions we don't need offline bots to save Battlefront. We need a better mechanism for finding games and an infusion of more players to play against.

    You can have better mechanisms all you want, you can have heaven and earth too but if there's no players then no game.
  • oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    Oh the irony indeed :)
  • NeroG100
    991 posts Member
    You have to do your research blazur
  • Piscettios
    5608 posts Member
    Would love a higher ticket count/timer for FS and other large modes
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Would love a higher ticket count/timer for FS and other large modes

    I'm not even sure why that is a hard thing. Just go in code - change 200 to 400. Its got to be the easiest thing possible in the game. These small things are what gives me pause with EA/DICE. Like taking 3 months to tweak the A Wing, the first, original problem, and manage to make it all worse.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    What irony?

    No amount of research would've told us how terrible the matchmaking would be.

    The OP is not asking for anything complicated, most modern FPS's provide such a basic feature at launch. You'd think with how poorly the game is doing, DICE would listen to feedback such as this.
  • LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    What irony?

    No amount of research would've told us how terrible the matchmaking would be.

    The OP is not asking for anything complicated, most modern FPS's provide such a basic feature at launch. You'd think with how poorly the game is doing, DICE would listen to feedback such as this.

    I agree with this. It doesnt even have auto balance. How can you have games with like 18vs10? I mean, kinder-gardeners know that aint right.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • NeroG100
    991 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    What irony?

    No amount of research would've told us how terrible the matchmaking would be.

    The OP is not asking for anything complicated, most modern FPS's provide such a basic feature at launch. You'd think with how poorly the game is doing, DICE would listen to feedback such as this.

    He was was probably joking because blazur trolls the singleplayer thread and says "you should have done your research"
  • You can have better mechanisms all you want, you can have heaven and earth too but if there's no players then no game.

    There are players, just not many (PC, AUS). The current systems is EXTREMELY cumbersome at connecting the small population. We need an effective way to know what game modes are populated, rather than testing them out one by one.

    A server browser seems to be a good candidate for this. Even a little number on each game icon with the number of active games per region. Really, anything more insightful than R2D2 beeping will do.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Anybody wanna do a solid and Tweet Dennis about the topic of a server browser? He's been pretty candor with fans on Twitter, so I'm hoping we can get some insight from him about whether or not this is even a possibility.

    https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    LOL so spot on XD
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    This is a subject DICE has actively ignored since before the game was even launched.

    You'll have more luck drawing blood from a stone.

    Yeah, I don't really have much hope it'll happen. Figured it's at worth asking about, however. If somebody has Twitter maybe they could ask there? We don't seem to get much feedback on the forums.
    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    I did my research, and while it was a concern I still bought the game because ultimately it was fun. But in reality there was no issue finding games at launch.

    Last night my friends and I couldn't find a game of supremacy, droid run, blast, or fighter squadron. We even played a full round of FS just against bots which was fun for about a minute. It's a critical issue right now, and knowing that I cannot responsibly buy the season pass.

    And before you jump to conclusions we don't need offline bots to save Battlefront. We need a better mechanism for finding games and an infusion of more players to play against.

    YOU don't need it, but don't you dare try to speak for everyone else.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    NeroG100 wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    What irony?

    No amount of research would've told us how terrible the matchmaking would be.

    The OP is not asking for anything complicated, most modern FPS's provide such a basic feature at launch. You'd think with how poorly the game is doing, DICE would listen to feedback such as this.

    He was was probably joking because blazur trolls the singleplayer thread and says "you should have done your research"

    Exactly he'll reap what he sow.
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    BassGSX35 wrote: »
    YOU don't need it, but don't you dare try to speak for everyone else.

    He may not be speaking for everyone, but I think you will find most PC players would love a server browser to find games, just like DICE has done in all their previous games.

    I bet even a large potion of Xbox and PS4 players wouldn't say no to one either.

    If you're not a PC player then you wouldn't understand. If you are, then this game is truly doomed on the PC if you don't get that.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    BassGSX35 wrote: »
    Exactly he'll reap what he sow.

    Heh, what does this even mean? It looks like you're still salty about there being no single player. What's wrong with the new survival mission you just got?

    Anyways...would any of the players that matter to DICE be willing to fish for a response on Twitter? Who knows, we might get lucky. I just want to be able to play this great game :/
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Solomace wrote: »
    BassGSX35 wrote: »
    YOU don't need it, but don't you dare try to speak for everyone else.

    He may not be speaking for everyone, but I think you will find most PC players would love a server browser to find games, just like DICE has done in all their previous games.

    I bet even a large potion of Xbox and PS4 players wouldn't say no to one either.

    If you're not a PC player then you wouldn't understand. If you are, then this game is truly doomed on the PC if you don't get that.

    I was referring to him saying that "we don't need bots to save Battlefront". That is what I was calling him out on, my fault for not being specific I guess.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I see no problem with a server browser being added to the game.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    BassGSX35 wrote: »
    Exactly he'll reap what he sow.

    Heh, what does this even mean? It looks like you're still salty about there being no single player. What's wrong with the new survival mission you just got?

    Anyways...would any of the players that matter to DICE be willing to fish for a response on Twitter? Who knows, we might get lucky. I just want to be able to play this great game :/

    Not even angry in the slightest but you on the other hand love to troll on the single player forum and threads on a weekly basis and for the record I don't play survival because it's Rebels only plus we can't even change our characters in that mode just like battles. Also it's not even a new map in case you haven't noticed :smiley:
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    NeroG100 wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    oh the irony....

    someone didn't do their research when buying this game, you knew it wasn't going to have a server browser, yet you still purchased it, and now you are asking for one.

    now what does this remind me of...hmmm if only i could find the other threads that have a zillion replies in by the OP...


    *laughs*

    What irony?

    No amount of research would've told us how terrible the matchmaking would be.

    The OP is not asking for anything complicated, most modern FPS's provide such a basic feature at launch. You'd think with how poorly the game is doing, DICE would listen to feedback such as this.

    He was was probably joking because blazur trolls the singleplayer thread and says "you should have done your research"

    And it was a hilarious and ironic burn. We get more communication regarding instant action/offline bots than server browsing gets ten fold. That's funny and poetic.

    That being said, the game could use server browsing and everyone would benefit from such along with a few other mp features.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!