criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Alternative developer instead of Dice

If you had an option to choose a different developer besides DICE or Pandemic studios to helm Battlefront, when which would it be? I'd say Rocksteady Studios, Rockstar Games, Bethesda Games, Team Ico

Replies

  • What you bring up could be a reality(in time). EA and DICE really... I mean REALLY dropped the ball (and grabbed your wallet) on this one. If you'd want such a thing to become a reality encourage other players not to buy the DLC and return any Season Pass they may have purchased. Consumers can make these hypothetical questions a reality, and in my opinion Bungie could try to take a crack at it. I feel they've tended to favor balance when they make a multiplayer experiences and a modicum of depth to their single player.
  • No I think the game is fine. This is a good game DICE and EA!
  • MessaBack wrote: »
    If you had an option to choose a different developer besides DICE or Pandemic studios to helm Battlefront, when which would it be? I'd say Rocksteady Studios, Rockstar Games, Bethesda Games, Team Ico

    I think, all you mentioned are better than Dice/EA.
    Dice have game designers who are no Star Wars fans and just love realism. EA only want our money.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Well I'm fine with the game as is, but I would love to see a Star Wars game from Bioware :)
  • Free Radical or Crytek.
  • NMeythaler wrote: »
    What you bring up could be a reality(in time). EA and DICE really... I mean REALLY dropped the ball (and grabbed your wallet) on this one. If you'd want such a thing to become a reality encourage other players not to buy the DLC and return any Season Pass they may have purchased. Consumers can make these hypothetical questions a reality, and in my opinion Bungie could try to take a crack at it. I feel they've tended to favor balance when they make a multiplayer experiences and a modicum of depth to their single player.
    You can return Season Passes?
  • PSNMalice4noobs
    664 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well I say DICE is the best developer out there and well EA isn't great they help add sweet stuff like the graphics and the drive to keep making content for money which is great because I get more game.
    Be Palpitine or Princess Leia so I can be a hero bodyguard. A Shock Trooper preferably, but an Honor guard will also do. B)
  • DICE was my first pick for the game (besides Free Radical, who sadly went under while developing it). Maybe DICE with 4-6 years of development time instead of 2? Basically, DICE without EA.
  • Zephkiel wrote: »
    DICE was my first pick for the game (besides Free Radical, who sadly went under while developing it). Maybe DICE with 4-6 years of development time instead of 2? Basically, DICE without EA.

    This.

    I really don't blame DICE, it's EA that would have told them to cut single player, to focus on Matchmaking so that it is easier to get out across all systems, to make the game as basic as possible so it reaches a greater audience so on and so forth. I for one would rather have waited another year for the game to release, as long as it was great on release.

    The EA defence force will say things about having to make money etc, but you cannot tell me they don't have the money to pay DICE for 4 years without anything coming out. No, they're just greedy and want as much money as possible. Time to start voting with our wallets and not buying EA backed games.
    Only an ***** excludes a server browser from a PC game.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don`t think there is an EA Defence Force, only Star Wars Defence Force... :smiley:

    but, yeah, some call it greed, other call it business plans - depends on what side of the fence you`re standing - both are focused on profit. The profit will then be the base for more investments in other projects to up them. The longer a project takes the more money you need to earn when you finally release it. Then, when all the investment in time and stuff is paid for, you might have some pennies left and they are often used to make the pile of the investment money even bigger. The more investment money you get will affect the budgets of new projects.. and so it goes on and on and on... and has been since the first shiny stone got sold for a herring back in the days of "no clothes"

    But, that`s the same for any work today isn`t it? Without making a profit your employer would go bankrupt and you would be left without a job.

    I think Dice has done a very good job on this one. Yes, It isn`t the Battlefront 3 some people was waiting for, but for the rest of us - we who have bad memories from the earlier Battlefront series, or none at all - it is a proven hit!

    Well, at least on PS4 :wink:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!