criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fighter Squadron Changes

Something I think would be really cool, is if they completely removed names in Fighter Squadron. I don't know about you guys, but I am pretty sure in Original Trilogy, they couldn't aim at people and see the name of the person flying. Come on EA/DICE, we are sticking to O.T. here aren't we?
In all seriousness though, I feel this would make more people use the Tie Fighter and X-Wing more.
I would also love to kill more AI without people Human Player scouting and killing.
The fact that people tend to Human Player scout and kill, turns me off from using Tie Fighter and X-Wing, and also even trying to kill the AI.
Removing the names would also stop all the spawn killing I've been getting lately on Fighter Squadron (By spawn killing I mean just barely making it into battle and immediately dying from a player).
All they have to do is hunt our names and kill us, because AI hardly does anything.
Just have red dots as indicators would be suffice enough.
The fact that there is even challenges to get 15 kills in a X-Wing or Tie Fighter shows that they even knew no one would choose them. You don't see challenges saying "Get 15 kills in an A-Wing/Tie Interceptor".
I just honestly feel this would be a refreshing change for the game mode.
If you are worried about the "Get 15 Kills" challenges, just remove them. Maybe just buff the ones that say "Destroy ## X-Wings/Tie Fighters"; or heck, make it like "Destroy ## X-Wings or Tie Fighters".
I would love just flying around killing whatever is in front of me, human or not.
The mode as it is now bothers me about my KDR (Yes I am a KDR [email protected]), but I go hard for the objectives too, so I am not a complete loss. I will risk my KDR for objectives.
This new mode, KDR wouldn't be controllable, and I would find that much more enjoyable.

Replies

• Not a bad idea to remove the names. On top of that have the AI ships spawn in both types of ships rather than just one. Should be picking out human players by how they fly. Would make it a bit more like a real Star Wars battle.
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Not a bad idea to remove the names. On top of that have the AI ships spawn in both types of ships rather than just one. Should be picking out human players by how they fly. Would make it a bit more like a real Star Wars battle.

TBH I've been watching your threads (you may call me your gif brother from another mother), and I agree with all of it. Squadron could become a marquee game mode if a few small changes happened. It's heart breaking cuz it's my favourite game mode by far.

Need:Longer matches, imperial buffs, stronger shuttle objective hulls, sheild im balances, sheild ram, AI stup idity, player hunting , hero roulette or some other way to ensure fair usage.

Want: space battles, b wing , better cockpit view /usability , AI using all types of ship not just tie and XWING, joystick support.

I could go on and I'm not just saying thst. But I'm at work and on my mobile device and my thumbs are fat so I'm ma stop here
  • @MoistGamer
    agreed_pirates_caribbean.gif

Yeah I really do agree with that 100%. I would add the flyable Y-Wing to that list. All good stuff. Fighter squadron really does need those things. It shouldn't be this out of whack 4 months in.
  • Adtrfan_25
    750 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Love these ideas. Never thought of it before but removing names and allowing the AI to use interceptors and a-wings would make for a much better mode. Thanks for posting this!
  • MoistGamer wrote: »
    better cockpit view /usability

Only gripe with the Cockpit View is that the vehicle always straightens out on the X-Axis.
    I am capable of flying upside-down thanks.
  • MrFurious1000
    1231 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Allow fighter controls to do aileron rolls..... Would allow for way more maneuvers. The controls are really set up for beginers, but as one that has played lots of flyers I want more control of my plane/ship
    Capture69.jpg
  • Sorry mate but personally, I think this is an awful idea. Dog fights for me are all about rivalries in the sky, take that away and you might as well not bother playing pvp.
  • Sorry mate but personally, I think this is an awful idea. Dog fights for me are all about rivalries in the sky, take that away and you might as well not bother playing pvp.

Maybe they should address a PvP only air combat then. That would be cool too.
  • This post is stupid. I ignore AI and kill only players ... i would like to have an option to turn off AI all together lol..
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That is what this solution would fix. No point in having AI in there if everyone is headhunting. We should simply be trying to take out enemy ships, and if you notice one flying really well and take it out then great you got a player kill. The long range name pop ups were never a good idea.
  • Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. Why are you playing an online game if you just want to shoot bots?
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If we had a player only mode with 20 on each side this would be fine. If it's going to be mixed with AI the name pop ups should be removed.
  • mbuehner wrote: »
    Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. Why are you playing an online game if you just want to shoot bots?

Halfway there now finish the thought through to the end game... come on you were so close.

• I'd like a mode where they remove the AI fighters, the Falcon, and Slave 1 and just do a 10 on 10 dogfight- well, at least once the Starfighters are a little more balanced.
  • Yeah a non hero mode would be fun. Preferably 20 on 20. And yes they have to balance the mode bigtime!
  • Would love no ai mode.or at least different variants of the same mode.
  • Fighter Squadron..... still broken.
    "Your generic TIE grunt is just plain suicidal. And the TIE Defender jockey is bloodthirsty. But the TIE Interceptor pilot, he's suicidal and bloodthirsty. When you see a squad of those maniacs flying your way, you'd better hope your hyperdrive is operational."
  • please, if you want to kill **** easy ai use skirmish, the whole point is player on player action, if you're not any good at it dont play
  • I would love and i MEAN love to have a u wing as an option of flight