criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Someone just went 71-8 running Luke in Walker Assault.

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
edited March 2016
Every time the hero token spawned, which wasn't often because the guy went mostly untouched, the same guy grabbed it. I'm pretty sure there was an uncontested Luke running around the whole time. I'd try to do something about it, but with his super duper long distance jump and force throw etc, I died... a lot... to the same guy over and over again.

Just... damn... if you are running the AT-ST or vader or even the flyers, target the speedy fast black dot jumping around on the map racking up free kills.
Post edited by Cyonyde on

Replies

• Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    And, oh, the one chance I had at grabbing the empire hero token, I was 10 feet from it, when luke popped over the hill and one-shotted me. :/
  • That's why large modes are **** in this game. Campers, people who only play as heroes, people who only camp at-sts, people who camp at-ats, etc. It's so freaken easy to pile up kills in WA it is the least impressive achievement.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure that guy was CAMPING the token. I recorded the game and I'm looking at the kill log. As soon as he dies as Skywalker, his name doesn't appear in the kill log for the next 1:15. Then he reappears as Skywalker again and stays that way the rest of the game.

I hate campers. Campers of all stripe. Campers that get up on stuff or under stairs or whatever. Campers that don't fight but hang out in the rear looking for the easy mode way to get more kills. I hate all of you who do these cowardly things.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I'll say this again... Two things need to be done about ship and hero tokens...
    1. Randomize their spawn points.
    2. Put a cooldown on the player who just died as a pilot or hero so they can't get the next one that appears.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Cyonyde wrote: »
    2. Put a cooldown on the player who just died as a pilot or hero so they can't get the next one that appears.

Makes too much sense, never happen.

Next you're going to say we should have a choice as to which active spawning point we appear at. But that too would make way too much sense.
  • Vish121
    327 posts Member
    Thats impressive don't hate on the guy... all you losers are sour cos you couldn't get that many kills as a hero... i'd say your team was pretty rubbish as well seeing as 20 players couldn't defeat one hero. not sure how u can camp hero tokens when they spawn randomly... I swear to god BAD players make up so many excuses its unreal... I play big modes all the time or at least I used to and never encountered such a problem.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Vish121 wrote: »
    Thats impressive don't hate on the guy... all you losers are sour cos you couldn't get that many kills as a hero... i'd say your team was pretty rubbish as well seeing as 20 players couldn't defeat one hero. not sure how u can camp hero tokens when they spawn randomly... I swear to god BAD players make up so many excuses its unreal... I play big modes all the time or at least I used to and never encountered such a problem.

That's funny, because in one of your other posts you say...
    . Tatooine and Jakku are horrible to play now, Im praying they make amends in their next update which couldn't come sooner.
  • Cyonyde wrote: »

If only they would listen to players and make sensible changes. The only ones I have seen is fixing the A-Wing and the Cycler.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah I think this is a sensible, fair request. And it is NOT a nerf. Also, just because one person who replied to this thread doesn't see a problem does not mean there is not a problem. If there is a way to exploit a system some people will chose to do it. Putting a cooldown on hero and flyer users prevents the active purposeful reuse of powerups by a single individual.

I've had far too many games of Turning Point where I'd see the same player in the AT-ST over and over again. I'd get killed by the walker and then switch to my "anti-vehicle" loadout and then get my sweet revenge. But then not half a minute later the same guy I just killed is back in the AT-ST again. I then have to make a choice... do I want to continue to play the game I want to play, or do I want to switch gears and focus on repeatedly dealing with the same guy over and over again.

By putting a cooldown on these top-tier powerups, it allows other players the opportunity to use them and it prevents one player from over-using a system to the degree that it diminishes the enjoyment of the game for everyone else.

• QQnerfQQ
    642 posts Member
    edited March 2016

I've gotten 68 as a ***** regular infantryman and gone on a 36 kill streak as Vader, you tool. If I camped the hero spawn for an entire match I assume I'd easily get as many kills. It annoys people because while others play the objective and the game, others sit at specific spots and do jack ****. You want to be a hero? Play HvV.

Just to further highlight your incompetence, hero chargers are not random. There are videos showing where they spawn. So, outside of everything you said being wrong, solid post.
  • Just wanted to chime in...what if instead of having hero power ups, random players get chosen to play as the hero during the match (that you can accept or decline). Once the hero dies, have a cool down of a minute or so then another random player gets chosen. This will ensure that each player will have an equal chance to play as a hero, and it will stop token camping.
  • Vish121 wrote: »

Impressive? Anyone can quickly learn the token spawns and camp them. People that do that are wasting a slot on the team and are not Impressive nor helpful.
  • Aponce
    10 posts Member
    I've seen worse stats with vehicle hogs...I recently played a match where someone got over 100 kills just using AT-ST's and AT-AT's during the entire match. Very cheap!

Luke, however, is kinda fun to hunt down. I suck at one-on-one shootouts but I found out that I work better as a support player, especially going after vehicles and heroes. They're easy to track down and the key is to keep your distance. You can wear them down and, if lucky, get them to chase you which usually brings them out in the open for others to shoot down. Even if you get wasted, you can end up taking them far from the action in the process. I typically end up being responsible for 50% of the hero deaths in a match because I like to mess with them!
  • That scores not that impressive...im sorry but i can do scores like that every game as a regular soldier. If i get a hero then im going over 100 kills that game easy. If i got 3 heroes...the whole other team would rage quit lol.
  • Arco
    176 posts Member
    Thats impressive don't hate on the guy... all you losers are sour cos you couldn't get that many kills as a hero...

Except the problem with hero campers is that they don't often help their team, being more interested in their personal stats, and camping spawn points instead of rushing the objectives. The hero is best used as a rally point for other players to help take or defend objectives. If the other team's hero is being used by a camping stats junkie, you can easily steamroll a quick win in supremacy.

If you went 51-5, that's fine. If you went 51-5 on the losing team when nobody on the winning team did anywhere near as well, it shows that you are the sort of player nobody wants on a team.
  • Cyonyde wrote: »
    Every time the hero token spawned, which wasn't often because the guy went mostly untouched, the same guy grabbed it. I'm pretty sure there was an uncontested Luke running around the whole time. I'd try to do something about it, but with his super duper long distance jump and force throw etc, I died... a lot... to the same guy over and over again.

Just... damn... if you are running the AT-ST or vader or even the flyers, target the speedy fast black dot jumping around on the map racking up free kills.

lol thats nothing
    Ive gone 100 - 13 with vader, boba, and palpatine, in one game with each hero once.
  • tankertoad
    5956 posts Member
    Cyonyde wrote: »

So true. You could also just have the game select players - you get a pop up "play hero" and scroll through. Same for AT-AT.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Vish121
    327 posts Member
    @Arco @Tigerserpent @QQnerfQQ How in the **** can you camp several locations at any one time... you can only be at one location at any given time... I only play supremacy but Im guessing upon each uplink you come to their a several possible locations for the hero pickup to spawn... And if your team or their team fails to notice the hero pick up them more fool them...
  • Hooryder
    157 posts Member
    make the hero spawns along with vehicle spawns random. End of story.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    That's nothing I got 100 kills 0 deaths with my eyes closed.

Does that sound ridiculous? Well if it does it's cause it sounds just as ridiculous as other people who like to brag.
  • If the spawn points for the hero tokens aren't random they definitely should be. I have no idea where they are personally and I've only been a hero once when I randomly came across one
  • Random spawns for Hero tokens and power ups. Nothing to add.