criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Have you met anyone in a game from the forums by chance?

I'm not sure if most of you use the same names on the forum as you do for your gamertag but have you come across anyone from these forums by chance whilst playing and thought I recognise you from the Star Wars forums?

I've added a lot of people from the thread in the forums where they leave their gamertag and it makes the game/battlefield app much more enjoyable (for me at least) when you can browse through their playing history on the app and see what their weapon of choice is etc. I noticed the amount of kills one player has for Bobba Fett is insane which makes me wonder whether I just need to practice with him more.

When I first started playing I used to always get killed by 'Trooper Bane' and couldn't figure out why he/she never appeared on the leaderboard at the end of a game - I assumed Trooper Bane was a user name from a Star Wars/Batman fan!

Replies

• Having just checked (I'm sure he/she won't mind a bit of praise) I'm level 50 (not bragging I'm naff) and have spent over 40 hours playing the game yet BOATENGJ98 has had more kills with Bobba Fett alone than I've had total kills in the entire game! Seriously over 3,500 kills with Bobba Fett. I guess it shows if you get good with a character just how awesome they can be
  • Hush
    209 posts Member

When I first started playing I used to always get killed by 'Trooper Bane' and couldn't figure out why he/she never appeared on the leaderboard at the end of a game - I assumed Trooper Bane was a user name from a Star Wars/Batman fan!

Love it.

I always assume anyone who uses the 'that weapon, star card, trait, power up, vehicle, skin, strategy was OP' emote after I kill them is from the forums.
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    Only once actually, which I thought I'd see more. You on ps4?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Nah Xbox One
  • I use the same gamertag as my forum name and have always looked out for forum members but never spotted one. Not a lot of Aussies here.
  • I'm sure I have on occasion.
  • firemcd
    105 posts Member
    I have 100 friends (ALL) from on here from the thread I started about the value of having tons of friends on here and being able to use them to get in a game when the browser gives you none and vice versa. BTW, that will even more so come in handy when the player base drops after the DLC. Sometimes someone will unfriend me or I them for some reason or another and it opens up a slot to add new ones.
    That said I frequently get game invites from my friends' list, and if received on time, I do join, and it's cool to play with fellow community members.
    I average about 10 kills a game, mediocre player, who has FFFFFUUUUNNNN! (Unless there are SH$T EATING HACKERS in that game, then i just leave)
    SEE YA!
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    By random? No. Only by actually grouping up.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    I've seen some people in the game from the forums. Don't remember all their names but have seen some.
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • I've became PSN friends with around 25 people through these forums. I've recognized a handful of names I've partnered up with or seen their name on the boards at the end of a match.
  • Yes about once or twice and i usually try to get there attention if theyre on the saem team or just kill them alot. But if youre on ps4 feel free to add me. My tag is the same as above^^
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    Same. Add me on ps4 if you want. ibrajoker59. Just let me know you are from the forums.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I use my game name here on the forum. If you see me don't shoot me.
  • Darth_Rebel_93
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah my name is the same. On PS4. I hope to kill you all real soon :)
  • the other way around for me, noticed some familiar sounding nicks in the forum i came accross while playing. think i didn't meet someone by accident i remember from here yet. just started to add people of this forum, it's nice. glad to hear i'm not the only one who is curious about the stats you can check in the companion app lol.
    it's interesting and tells a lot. is someone eager to complete all the challenges/accomplishments/missions and if, what has he accomplished so far? weapon of choice, favourite modes and all that stuff. i can see a tendency, those who are very engaged to get the challenges have usually a significant lower k/d as those who don't. those with a pretty high k/d (3+) have many more kills with vehicles and heroes than the others. i guess the people having such a high killrate with Boba played him a lot before he was nerfed. not judging here in any way, it just shows the different types of players.
    Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Scarrod99
    419 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Bloodfeud wrote: »
    No need to look for me! I'm banned ingame :(

Hacker? What are you doing at the forum?
  • [Deleted User]
    414 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the other way around for me, noticed some familiar sounding nicks in the forum i came accross while playing. think i didn't meet someone by accident i remember from here yet. just started to add people of this forum, it's nice. glad to hear i'm not the only one who is curious about the stats you can check in the companion app lol.
    it's interesting and tells a lot. is someone eager to complete all the challenges/accomplishments/missions and if, what has he accomplished so far? weapon of choice, favourite modes and all that stuff. i can see a tendency, those who are very engaged to get the challenges have usually a significant lower k/d as those who don't. those with a pretty high k/d (3+) have many more kills with vehicles and heroes than the others. i guess the people having such a high killrate with Boba played him a lot before he was nerfed. not judging here in any way, it just shows the different types of players.
    I brought my kd back up to 2.18 and still manage to get all 3 slots on the podium for Fighter Squadron. Id technically have a lot higher objectice score but Transports arent worth many objective points in FS sadly. Transport objective points should be increased pleased Dice.
  • Eldonorian
    812 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I tried to hack EA's accounts to get my MONEY BACK

:wink:

LOL Thats just funny.... they put me in jail right now... another LOL
  • Yeah I have (I didn't know of him at the time though). One guy on here went into a rage and sent me a message because I killed him and used the laugh emote.. then another message and another... lol... Then he blocked ME!! Made my day.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Anyone see me? I never saw any of you guys. ;)
    Be Palpitine or Princess Leia so I can be a hero bodyguard. A Shock Trooper preferably, but an Honor guard will also do. B)
    you are actually one of those i noticed first online, then here, was killed by you several times in a match lol

Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • Well if you guys ever see KarlWeatherz on ps4....thats me :disappointed:
  • I don't think I've noticed anybody on the forums in game (Im on the Xbox one) *Forever alone* *Cries* xD
  • Negative. I sometimes am matched up against the same players even when I play later in the day. I bought it for PC as well but dang the player count is so low. I join up for Supremacy and only get matched up against 5 people. My name on here is the same as Origin and PSN.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It happened once from the 10 second melee dance I did with someone, and shot him with the cycler once it had cooled down. When I posted about it on here and he remembered me. We're PSN friends now lol.
    you are actually one of those i noticed first online, then here, was killed by you several times in a match lol

Huh, cool.
    Be Palpitine or Princess Leia so I can be a hero bodyguard. A Shock Trooper preferably, but an Honor guard will also do. B)
  • xfaktr
    163 posts Member
    Keyser I have seen you a few times as your name is memorable. Pretty sure each time I saw it was when you killed me, lol.

I think I've actually seen you more than once malice.

It was either during supremacy or blast or both but we had a lot of good match ups. I considered you a rival since you were one of the top players I believe and I always try to show those people I mean business >:)
  • no yet, maybe because I'm on PC in the South East Asia region. :s
  • Eldonorian wrote: »
    I tried to hack EA's accounts to get my MONEY BACK

:wink:

LOL Thats just funny.... they put me in jail right now... another LOL

Lol, what for?.
  • HELP ME PLEASE This might sound really really freakin ****! But can i partner up with my friend IF he plays on Xbox ONE and i play on Ps4?!

Just kind of new of this whole new game modes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW? Please answer me lol
  • It's not like i will remember anyone's name lol
  • HELP ME PLEASE This might sound really really freakin ****! But can i partner up with my friend IF he plays on Xbox ONE and i play on Ps4?!

Just kind of new of this whole new game modes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW? Please answer me lol

sorry, its not cross platform. You can only play with others on PS4, He can only play with others on Xbox ONE
  • quacks4max wrote: »
    Anyone see me? I never saw any of you guys. ;)

It was either during supremacy or blast or both but we had a lot of good match ups. I considered you a rival since you were one of the top players I believe and I always try to show those people I mean business >:)
    quacks4max wrote: »
    Anyone see me? I never saw any of you guys. ;)

Awesome add me if you want good playing you I guess.
  • No, but there are a couple from this forum that I'd like to meet in a dark alley :expressionless:
  • TrigAntrax wrote: »
    No, but there are a couple from this forum that I'd like to meet in a dark alley :expressionless:
    Why a dark alley? Are you afraid someone will see them kick yer patookie? :D :D
  • TrigAntrax wrote: »
    No, but there are a couple from this forum that I'd like to meet in a dark alley :expressionless:
    Why a dark alley? Are you afraid someone will see them kick yer patookie? :D :D

Touche lol
  • With all the threads of the same people saying they're not playing the game anymore every day, probably not.
  • BB9
    21 posts Member
    Having just checked (I'm sure he/she won't mind a bit of praise) I'm level 50 (not bragging I'm naff) and have spent over 40 hours playing the game yet BOATENGJ98 has had more kills with Bobba Fett alone than I've had total kills in the entire game! Seriously over 3,500 kills with Bobba Fett. I guess it shows if you get good with a character just how awesome they can be

It just means he's camping hero tokens = Baddie. That's why each player should not be able to be the hero more then once per a round.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Nope. Not once.

Hell, I don't even have enough friends with this game to start even a private game.

....guess they got the memo
  • showhe
    253 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    BB9 wrote: »
    Having just checked (I'm sure he/she won't mind a bit of praise) I'm level 50 (not bragging I'm naff) and have spent over 40 hours playing the game yet BOATENGJ98 has had more kills with Bobba Fett alone than I've had total kills in the entire game! Seriously over 3,500 kills with Bobba Fett. I guess it shows if you get good with a character just how awesome they can be

It just means he's camping hero tokens = Baddie. That's why each player should not be able to be the hero more then once per a round.

im a baddie huh? who are you?
    only way to get my attention is by @showhe if not im not looking here anymore.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Only about 70 of them.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Briandt just posted this - http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/50903/strange-one#latest turns out I was the 2nd rebel down on final scorescreen. And I haven't even played today !?

Anoh spotted me in one game (I won't give visual proof of that :( )

That's about it for me.
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • PC: JediChamp5
    X1:JediChamp555

Hit me up
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    showhe wrote: »
    BB9 wrote: »

im a baddie huh? who are you?

Was this just nagging at you for four months and this is the result? Lol if you're gonna necro at least make it good!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    I've seen some people in the game from the forums. Don't remember all their names but have seen some.

Seen you once. Liked your wrecking skills in Hero Hunt. Have still much to learn lol