criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Rage!!!!!!!!!

CesarNotCaesar
2562 posts Member
edited April 2016
So just earlier today, I was playing Hero Hunt and somehow managed to get Palpatine. Immediately I find this nifty little spot in the Sullust map that keeps me from being ambushed instanly. Racking up 40+ kills, another player got really angry and starting messaging me of how much of a b**** I was. The following conversation was the most hilarious and satisfying one I've had.
Now, do you guys have any ill-mannered rage messages, or haccusations? Were they satisfying?
tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
Post edited by Jaywal on

Replies

• MillenniumFalcon
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well, yesterday I went 97-2 on Turning Point Jakku (PS4) :smiley:

about 70 with the airspeeder alone.. Well you can guess how many messages I got, hating and blaiming and hacking etc..

Its not my fault that I actually only got 2 or 3 homing missiles after me and the ATST wasnt bothering me at all. And our team had built up about 10 mins on the last control point..

I had a great time, thats for sure (new record as well) :smiley:
  • Well, yesterday I went 97-2 on Turning Point Jakku (PS4) :smiley:

about 70 with the airspeeder alone.. Well you can guess how many messages I got, hating and blaiming and hacking etc..

Its not my fault that I actually only got 2 or 3 homing missiles after me and the ATST wasnt bothering me at all. And our team had built up about 10 mins on the last control point..

97-2?! Inbox must've been flamin gg man
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Tramus
    17 posts Member
    You know, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how rarely this kind of thing seems to happen. At least in my experience. Considering some of the game's reception I'd expect to see more in-game flaming than I do.

Of course, it might be that I'm not killing enough people to attract that attention, but there you go...
  • Meh, the skill of getting hate messages is with one kill... Well, one kill and a laugh emote... Now that's a skill..
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

Did your team win?
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I got 5 cycler head shots on the same guy in a single game of blast... I was certain I was gonna get called a cheater.

Also, those long range shock blaster kills would have me po'd if I was on the receiving end.

One time a guy did send me a nasty message in Spanish. Apparently he knew my mother on a personal level lol.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • I had 61-3, but I have my filter set for friends only. I can only imagine how many people waste their time writing garbage only for it to bounce back lol
    Gpy6mAt.jpg
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    i had one over christmas from a player i killed 2/3 times on jakku walker assault, he sent me message on X1 swearing F's, B's etc found his tantrum quite funny also reported it. some people cant take losing i guess lol
  • I've had my share of people raging at me mostly when I play Cargo. Seeing that there is only 6 players on the enemy team I killed one guy many times in one round and in result got hate mail from them. I must say I find it funny when people rage at me for killing them a lot. :D
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • rage_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Sadly people don't really use chat, so all the flaming is so short in this game!
  • I specifically use a Captain Kirk Avatar on PS4....boy do people freak out....They usually tilt pretty hard next game because of all the rage
  • So just earlier today, I was playing Hero Hunt and somehow managed to get Palpatine. Immediately I find this nifty little spot in the Sullust map that keeps me from being ambushed instanly. Racking up 40+ kills, another player got really angry and starting messaging me of how much of a b**** I was. The following conversation was the most hilarious and satisfying one I've had.
    Now, do you guys have any ill-mannered rage messages, or haccusations? Were they satisfying?

Yeah I got one today for killing a guy and my friend vader is on the acussed hackers list on reddit for aimbot even though we are on PS4
    Be Palpitine or Princess Leia so I can be a hero bodyguard. A Shock Trooper preferably, but an Honor guard will also do. B)
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I would have got a slew of hate from when I strafed killed the same player using Vader on Jakku Supremacy 3 times in one game. I bet he tried lol. He must have been camping hero tokens. He didn't reach the battle even once. I might open my filter just for the laughs. Sounds like fun :)
  • MrFurious1000
    1231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    slightly off topic (on topic of rage) I had to change my psn account to never receive messages from strangers because my 13 year old daughter was wrecking them in rocket league today( She's freakishly good at the game). Just sad to see people these days get so upset when they get beat
  • I mainly play Walker Assault with local players, we added each other up via a FB group, we have a TS server set up and would wreck the other team during the night.

Some of us are very skilled, some are just average, but communication helps alot and we often get in-game haccusations text, some are tolerable but it can get too far when they start including context regarding races and/or country.
  • Oh yes. Sweet Sweeeet fan mail i call it
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I'm glad the PS4 doesn't have ingame chat. I don't want to have to see that clutter the whole time I'm playing.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Well, yesterday I went 97-2 on Turning Point Jakku (PS4)

That's so pathetic. The AT-ST could have kept annoying you with homing missiles and could have easily cut that in half or more because it can be such a frustration.
  • That's because some players do not actually think of making a loadout that can handle flyers or using the AT-ST to target the flyers in a mostly ground game. I really hate being killed repeatedly (in the spawn area) by flyers, happens about once every six or seven games. Irritating, I then switch loadouts since I have one with the ion missile and one without. Some people just keep trying to get kills and do not play to the objective.
  • That's because some players do not actually think of making a loadout that can handle flyers or using the AT-ST to target the flyers in a mostly ground game. I really hate being killed repeatedly (in the spawn area) by flyers, happens about once every six or seven games. Irritating, I then switch loadouts since I have one with the ion missile and one without. Some people just keep trying to get kills and do not play to the objective.

So true. I used to see the ridiculious K/D numbers and wonder how people got them and if there was a way to cheat on the PS4. I then realized it was probably someone with some skill in a vehicle against a team that wasn't bothering to counter it. Getting an air-speeder on Jakku or Sullust against a team that doesn't seem to care about death from above is one of the game's guiltier pleasures for me. That said, it's equally frustrating playing on the team where everyone who gets an AT-ST only cares about storming to spawn areas to pick up as many kills as possible without harassing the speeders.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Meh, the skill of getting hate messages is with one kill... Well, one kill and a laugh emote... Now that's a skill..

I think most people have the laugh emote for 1 of the 3 you can use. XD
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • to be honest I don't see much hate on the PC version of the game,
    There is the occasional whiner, but nothing like CS:GO
  • JTK
    40 posts Member
    I got one on PS4 over the weekend, a lot of expletives and accusing me of being a camper... I wouldn't mind but I spent the entire game (of Cargo) charging round to work on the deliver 15 Cargo challenge.

I see these messages as a badge of honour lol
  • I remember reading this thread and had to dig it back up! I got my first rage/haccusation message filled with all sorts of colorful expletives today. Someone claimed they reported me for cheating...which is funny 'cause, you know, cheating is rampant on PS4 ;) An outrageous 11-2 on blast. Ha! Hardly noteworthy, but gotta admit, it was pretty satisfying dealing out the frustration for once >:)
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    I had two of my best games in WA on Sullust topping the leaderboard today 50-20 ish, nothing crazy, it just fell into place with lots of vehicle/hero pickups at the right time, and for some reason one guy just spent the whole game abusing me in half English/half some other language. I just ignored it but wonder how he had the time for me to be killing him with all the typing he was doing. I didn't bite it just made me play better! Unfortunately my team was a bit weak (hence why I was top) and we lost despite my best efforts, so I couldn't have the last laugh.
  • "Go back to single player (survival and battle missions)."
  • I was in an HvV the other day on PC, and there was a player on the opposing team who was leading in kills with 40-some while everyone else on his team had 10 or less. He kept mouthing off in chat about how terrible everyone was, and finally ragequit the game with one deciding round left. After he left someone else said he had told him off line he uses an aimbot.

Did your team win?

Not really the point he was in the speeder and did his job which is just to clear infantry on turning point, if they lost its because no one else did their job

All you need is a pulse cannon or cycler rifle, speeders are the easiest ships to shoot down
  • Was playing Walker Assault on the Imperial side. Saw a smoking A-Wing with barely any health left flying towards me on a strafing run. Took one shot and destroyed it with the T-21B. Almost immediately I got a message accusing me of being a cheater. For the rest of the game I focused on killing only him. >:)
  • ivarth
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm on PS4 and I got my first rage message the other day. Don't quite know why..

But I was playing as Vader on Walker Assault on the Sorosuub centroplex. When it was close to the second wave of fighters, I wasn't quite willing to suicide myself by hopping into the open (rebels were literally everywhere) and go into an heavily camped rebel uplink to disable it for the short time that was left.
    I rather chose to guard the other uplink out in the open but I did many saber throws into the lobby of the other uplink everytime the door opened. Nailed quite a few guys that way.

I'm guessing someone took a saber throw too many to the face from me and raged hard.

I found it amusing that some dude actually took time to rage against me, a forty year old family man who plays the game in his spare time when the wife and kids are sleeping. :)
  • So just earlier today, I was playing Hero Hunt and somehow managed to get Palpatine. Immediately I find this nifty little spot in the Sullust map that keeps me from being ambushed instanly. Racking up 40+ kills, another player got really angry and starting messaging me of how much of a b**** I was. The following conversation was the most hilarious and satisfying one I've had.

Tears of squealers and ragekids are like sweet sweet nectar as far as I am concerned.
    These fragile spoiled children deserve it.