criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

You MUST see this injustice

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
THIS...

This is just plain WRONG. :# DICE... under NO circumstances should your game do what it did to 20 people just now. This is beyond unacceptable.

I'm not joking. This is B. S. Seriously angry right now. My erstwhile teammates and I poured every ounce of effort into a game and turned it into an amazing win, and YOUR GAME took it away. How the hell can I get credit for completing a challenge for capturing 2 consecutive control points and then not have that last capture count? This is wrong. I know it's just a game, but for cryin out loud.

Replies

• Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Please bump this thread. I want the developers to see this and provide an explanation.
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    OMG
  • What?
  • Kj-ZoSo
    609 posts Member
    I hate that!

• 5char
  • Lol above - Randy is exactly what I thought when I watched the video
  • mcb743
    140 posts Member
    Cyonyde wrote: »
    THIS...

This is just plain WRONG. :# DICE... under NO circumstances should your game do what it did to 20 people just now. This is beyond unacceptable.

I'm not joking. This is B. S. Seriously angry right now. My erstwhile teammates and I poured every ounce of effort into a game and turned it into an amazing win, and YOUR GAME took it away. How the hell can I get credit for completing a challenge for capturing 2 consecutive control points and then not have that last capture count? This is wrong. I know it's just a game, but for cryin out loud.

Amazing, devs need to see this!
  • Had that happen before on other game modes too. One time in walker assault I was on imperials and they took out our walkers at the last checkpoint with 5 or 6 y-wings still to go. Somehow we won.
  • One time on FS the screen showed my team had 199 and the other 200. It gave us the win. Lol
  • One time on FS the screen showed my team had 199 and the other 200. It gave us the win. Lol

Yeah that's happened to me a number of times!!! So random.... As for this, it's happened to me once before!! Thought it might be lag... but it's some corrupt bollocks within the system I fear!!!

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Thats a nasty bug to catch. Ouch! Dice fix this madness.

Honestly alot of these bugs are probably due to laggy and bad servers.
  • They wonder why players are still mad
  • Must be ping rate or whatever
  • EpicSybe
    746 posts Member
    It still counts as win in your stats.
  • At least the walkers weren't humping in the background lol
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    One time on FS the screen showed my team had 199 and the other 200. It gave us the win. Lol

Yep this has happened to me too.very strange lol
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Eldonorian wrote: »
    At least the walkers weren't humping in the background lol

Say WHATTTTT!! Hahahaha!
  • Reesh wrote: »

Say WHATTTTT!! Hahahaha!

You have not seen it?? Oyeah man I'm not kidding... they do the bump on Sullust once in awhile. No lie.

• Similar thing happened to me tonight on Walker Assault on Sullust (playing as the Rebels). We took both walkers out on the last check point. Took one down quickly as it was on low health. Took the other one down in the dying seconds of the match (both health icons at the top of the screen had turned grey)

Yet we still lost and our transport was blown up
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    What the actual crap.

Must be lag I guess, but still this sucks.
  • Lonnisity
    1945 posts Member
    I would have raged. No shame
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    havoksolo wrote: »
    Thought it might be lag... but it's some corrupt bollocks within the system I fear!!!

Agreed. The clock showed 3 seconds when the capture occured. There's no way that that it could have been lag.
  • Anomaly?

Someone please post a Matthew McConoughey pic. Hahaha
  • End of game timers have had bugs forever, its a ton of data hitting the game server at once in a close match.

To say "must" and to say "injustice" is ridiculously over the top. Kills your point. I really didn't need to see it. And no laws were broken.

It sucked a little, yea, but it's not some massive tragedy that we need to alert CNN about.

It's a glitch. For all the problems in this game, the glitches at release till now have been on the low side. I'd much rather stop getting stuck in a tree root until I kill myself. I hope they patch this glitch and others.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • 200w.gif
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Holy cow, this has happened to me too!! Man I totally forgot about this til just now.. And on the same map too, rebels winning turning point as time runs out and then you win, but you really lose...

I'll dig around for the vid, it happened like a week ago and I just forgot it til now.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Apply this situation to the end of A New Hope.

The Death Star is warming up the main gun. The music is revving up, tension building. The path to Yavin's moon is clear and the Death Star gunners begin the firing sequence.

But wait! TheMillenium Falcon unexpectedly arrives and clears a path for Luke at the last possible moment! Luke fires the proton torpedoes! They go in! They hit the target and enter the exaust port headed down into the main reactor!

Our heroes rapidly fly away from the Death Star to avoid being caught up in the impending destruction. They breath a sigh of relief knowing that they have saved countless lives and have destroyed the Empire's doomsday weapon.

But then... a searing beam of immense energy shoots of out the Death Star! It catches Luke and his stalwart band of rebels and disintegrates them before they even had a chance to react. The energy beam leaps out at the speed of light, strikes the defenseless moon and annihilates it entirely. The massive explosion of an entire moon fills the screen and lingers as the shockwave expands to fill the void of empty space left behind from the total annihilation of the rebel alliance.

Roll credits.

• Yeah, it's a total "WHAT??" Moment for sure.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I need to go back and look at the recording. I'm pretty sure I let it roll until after the points and credits were tallied. It's possible that even though the game flipped from victory to defeat that it actually counted as a victory. Maybe wishful thinking perhaps. But it did give me credit for the two capture points challenge. Also shown in-game is that it awarded me points for the final capture. How could it award points for final capture and then count the game as a defeat? That is just screwy.

Similary, but not as egregious... earlier this week I was in a match that ended showing me having the highest score. This was up for a second or two, then it bumped me down to 2nd place. In that case, I suppose it was just syncing up all the different clients. But the delay was more than just lag. The game had been over several seconds when these values changed well after the fact.

The game should not be doing stuff like this!
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Reesh wrote: »

Say WHATTTTT!! Hahahaha!

You have not seen it?? Oyeah man I'm not kidding... they do the bump on Sullust once in awhile. No lie.

Haha no I have not seen this obscenity lol someone needs to catch this on a video that would be hilarious to see haha!
  • Happens alot in Fighter Squadron. I personally have had it happen to me around 10 times and my reaction is the same everytime....
    106apx.gif
  • Slapimus
    290 posts Member
    where are all the EA White Knights to defend this? They sure seem to show up whenever anyone has a real problem. Yet when someone posts proof of this sham of a game they just vanish. This is the game people say is worth my 120 dollars. Disgusting.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No no no no god please no! This patch sucks big time.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Apply this situation to the end of A New Hope.

The Death Star is warming up the main gun. The music is revving up, tension building. The path to Yavin's moon is clear and the Death Star gunners begin the firing sequence.

But wait! TheMillenium Falcon unexpectedly arrives and clears a path for Luke at the last possible moment! Luke fires the proton torpedoes! They go in! They hit the target and enter the exaust port headed down into the main reactor!

Our heroes rapidly fly away from the Death Star to avoid being caught up in the impending destruction. They breath a sigh of relief knowing that they have saved countless lives and have destroyed the Empire's doomsday weapon.

But then... a searing beam of immense energy shoots of out the Death Star! It catches Luke and his stalwart band of rebels and disintegrates them before they even had a chance to react. The energy beam leaps out at the speed of light, strikes the defenseless moon and annihilates it entirely. The massive explosion of an entire moon fills the screen and lingers as the shockwave expands to fill the void of empty space left behind from the total annihilation of the rebel alliance.

Roll credits.

Lmao!
  • Here's the walker glitch:

• Lol. Halarious
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Here's the walker glitch:

LOL at the humping AT-ATs in that vid!!! And notice all the Y-Wings stored up! LOL If that last walker ever did get unstuck the rebels would probably have a full 15 minutes to blow it up!
  • The heck
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    End of game timers have had bugs forever, its a ton of data hitting the game server at once in a close match.

To say "must" and to say "injustice" is ridiculously over the top. Kills your point. I really didn't need to see it. And no laws were broken.

It sucked a little, yea, but it's not some massive tragedy that we need to alert CNN about.

It's a glitch. For all the problems in this game, the glitches at release till now have been on the low side. I'd much rather stop getting stuck in a tree root until I kill myself. I hope they patch this glitch and others.

So what you're saying it's perfectly OK for a $50 game to do this ?
  • Hehe...here I though I was crazy...
    Yep happened to me in HvV yesterday.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I have another bug to post of an entirely different situation. I was walking along after respawning. Behind the final objective on Hoth Twilight. A stroke of sheer luck, the AT-ST token spawns two feet in front of me. I pick it up, press the button to activate, the little circle spins around, and done. I'm thinking, here I go in the AT-ST to rack up some good kills on the final objective! But then poof! Nothing happened. Nothing. It was like I imagined the whole thing.

I'm starting to think this game has more bugs than a rain forest. I may start a new thread with all of my bug videos combined in one posting. The collection is starting to pile up.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    I have another bug to post of an entirely different situation. I was walking along after respawning. Behind the final objective on Hoth Twilight. A stroke of sheer luck, the AT-ST token spawns two feet in front of me. I pick it up, press the button to activate, the little circle spins around, and done. I'm thinking, here I go in the AT-ST to rack up some good kills on the final objective! But then poof! Nothing happened. Nothing. It was like I imagined the whole thing.

I'm starting to think this game has more bugs than a rain forest. I may start a new thread with all of my bug videos combined in one posting. The collection is starting to pile up.

That's a pretty well known one. Don't bother with at-st tokens on the last objectives on twilight on hoth.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Deerber wrote: »

That's a pretty well known one. Don't bother with at-st tokens on the last objectives on twilight on hoth.

Is it not supposed to spawn? Now that you mention it, yeah, I don't think I've ever seen the AT-ST on the last cp on that map. It's always just people on foot.
  • Wow...
    Be Palpitine or Princess Leia so I can be a hero bodyguard. A Shock Trooper preferably, but an Honor guard will also do. B)
  • A perfect parody of how bugs ruin gameplay...
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Please bump this thread. I want the developers to see this and provide an explanation.

Was that sarcasm? Or a joke? Because we know they don't answer any direct questions for problems.