criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Another INJUSTICE! Devs... you should be ashamed.

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
I was just on the new map and the last objective refuses to count down. You can see the dots on the map. There were two people in the circle solidly for several continuous seconds. At times there were three and perhaps even four rebels in the circle at one point but the clock wouldn't flip the last little snippet and give us the control point. So what's the point in playing. I wasted many lives trying to capture this broken control point. So I quit the game after noticing that it was a futile effort to continue any further.

Replies

• BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    INJUSTICE gods among us was a cool fighting game :smiley:
  • that's what happens if the enemy team is in the control point. if they have an equal amount or higher amount of troopers at the control point, it cancels your capturing. You need to kill all defenders or have more teammates. 3 or four rebels won't cut it. Proof that this is the case look at the control point indicator. it has a little red so that means that there are rebels in the point but not capturing because there are more imperials
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I was running the Scout trait. I wonder, does the game not see people running Scout for purposes of capturing objectives? This isn't the first time I've been with other players inside the last zone with the clock stuck and refusing to count down.
  • no it has nothing to do with traits. its happened to me too. like i said if the enemy team is at the point and has more troopers than you it cancels out the capturing
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    that's what happens if the enemy team is in the control point. if they have an equal amount or higher amount of troopers at the control point, it cancels your capturing. You need to kill all defenders or have more teammates. 3 or four rebels won't cut it. Proof that this is the case look at the control point indicator. it has a little red so that means that there are rebels in the point but not capturing because there are more imperials

Hmm. This could be true. But... earlier tonight the exact OPPOSITE happened on HOTH Twilight. I was defending. They rebels made a very strong push at the last second. We cleared them all out right as the clock hit 0. For the last few seconds, there were two, then one rebel in the circle. But they got the win. It was VERY close. But if what you are saying is true, they shouldn't have won because I and a couple of other Empire players had managed to push our way back into the circle to clear them out. They would have needed to kill us in order to cause the countdown to resume. But they got the win with me standing there. I have the video of this. Perhaps I should post it. I just want to know if the game is behaving consistently or not.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Another thing about my video snippet... there were way too many blue dots who weren't moving in to cap the zone! LOL so typical. Too many players like to tippy toe around in this game, apparantly always paranoid and afraid someone is going to shoot them.
  • Farad48
    298 posts Member
    I saved a clip while playing Droid Run where the enemy team controlled all droids with 10 seconds remaining. I was about to capture one of the droids when it suddenly fell through the ground. My team lost, but it was funny.
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    Farad48 wrote: »
    I saved a clip while playing Droid Run where the enemy team controlled all droids with 10 seconds remaining. I was about to capture one of the droids when it suddenly fell through the ground. My team lost, but it was funny.

Haha!! Theres some funny glitches in this game! Wish you captured it lol on video I mean haha! :wink:
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I just played this map two more times. I think I was mistaken in the original posting. The same thing almost happened again, but there was audio chatter "we've got stormtroopers in the area". Once those dudes were turned into bloody goo, the control point flipped and rebels won.

• DarthJ
    6159 posts Member
    Cyonyde wrote: »
    that's what happens if the enemy team is in the control point. if they have an equal amount or higher amount of troopers at the control point, it cancels your capturing. You need to kill all defenders or have more teammates. 3 or four rebels won't cut it. Proof that this is the case look at the control point indicator. it has a little red so that means that there are rebels in the point but not capturing because there are more imperials

Hmm. This could be true. But... earlier tonight the exact OPPOSITE happened on HOTH Twilight. I was defending. They rebels made a very strong push at the last second. We cleared them all out right as the clock hit 0. For the last few seconds, there were two, then one rebel in the circle. But they got the win. It was VERY close. But if what you are saying is true, they shouldn't have won because I and a couple of other Empire players had managed to push our way back into the circle to clear them out. They would have needed to kill us in order to cause the countdown to resume. But they got the win with me standing there. I have the video of this. Perhaps I should post it. I just want to know if the game is behaving consistently or not.

This happened to me last night on Survivors of Endor, but went in favour of my team instead. We were the imperials, and in the last 30 seconds or so around 5-6 of the rebels got into the CP and wouldn't budge...into the last 10 seconds it was coming up as 2 still in and only a fraction left to capture....on the 1 second left marker it said CP lost....then the word defeat popped up, disappeared quickly and was overridden with 'victory' to the Imperials! Quite funny at the time since we technically lost but I'd imagine it was an annoyance for the rebel team.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cyonyde wrote: »
    I just played this map two more times. I think I was mistaken in the original posting. The same thing almost happened again, but there was audio chatter "we've got stormtroopers in the area". Once those dudes were turned into bloody goo, the control point flipped and rebels won.

OP maybe re-think post titles one last time before posting? Quiting the game, really?
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yea, like he quit to the main menu... It's k sometimes rage ensues.

I personally feel it should say contested or capturing as long as someone is in the CP. having it say defend with more imps or capture with not enough rebel friends makes it very confusing for some people... Apparently lol
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
    I was just on the new map and the last objective refuses to count down. You can see the dots on the map. There were two people in the circle solidly for several continuous seconds. At times there were three and perhaps even four rebels in the circle at one point but the clock wouldn't flip the last little snippet and give us the control point. So what's the point in playing. I wasted many lives trying to capture this broken control point. So I quit the game after noticing that it was a futile effort to continue any further.

If you look at your radar you can see that inner circle is red, you have enemies (without scout on) inside the control point as well. You can't capture it before you clear them out.

Shouldn't have watched this video at the office. That action, sound of imploder going off, Quarren yelling.. I want to play too :#
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Scarrod99 wrote: »
    If you look at your radar you can see that inner circle is red, you have enemies (without scout on) inside the control point as well. You can't capture it before you clear them out.

Shouldn't have watched this video at the office. That action, sound of imploder going off, Quarren yelling.. I want to play too :#

OK thanks for the info. I understand it now. I've seen this happen a few different other occasions and I'm always like WT(whatever... swear letter removed as to not be censored). I used to see it on Jakku. I'd be hunkered down behind a crate with someone else next to me wondering why can't we cap this. Now I know why. Circle red = bad for the rebels.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    BTW I would change the title of this thread now that I know what happened, but alas, I cannot.
  • Injustice? Christ.
  • somethingname1
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    You should be ashamed for slamming the dev over something that was given to you for FREE. You over entitled lil fgt. Get over yourself.

OK thanks for the info. I understand it now. I've seen this happen a few different other occasions and I'm always like WT(whatever... swear letter removed as to not be censored). I used to see it on Jakku. I'd be hunkered down behind a crate with someone else next to me wondering why can't we cap this. Now I know why. Circle red = bad for the rebels.

Yeah... sometimes you don't see anything on radar if players have they scout on, and if they are on higher levels of that trait they can even shoot at you and you won't see them in radar. Usually game sound notifications reveal them or capturing term changes to something else, contested or something.

Don't blame you for swearing. The action is so tense sometimes that it grabs you so that everything getting between you and the objective annoys the hell out of you. I usually yell at team mates :D
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    Don't blame you for swearing. The action is so tense sometimes that it grabs you so that everything getting between you and the objective annoys the hell out of you. I usually yell at team mates :D

Oh, I totally get that. I'm always yelling at people! I do mean Y E L L I N G ! For example, earlier tonight on walker assault, I was trying to flip a control station. There was a teammate right next to me about 20 yards from the Y-wing station. Ok all good I thought. I threw a grenade to create a distraction, popped my bubble and ran up to the station to activate it. Moving around while holding down the square button with my bubble up, I knew I was a sitting duck, but no worries, I have a teammate covering me and helping me storm this control point.

Then I got meleed from behind. Somewhere along the way, he stopped and ducked for cover, apparantly to assess the situation. He was tippy-toeing behind some cover, not willing to venture into danger and take any risk. And I just YELLED at that guy!!! What the blank, man! Come on! Quit being such a p******!!!

Earlier tonight on Tatooine Control Point, I had set up a turret on the indooor control point, in the corner with my back against the wall, completley covering the entrance through that maintence room. I had been doing just fine, keeping that whole area of approach clear of oncoming rebels. I was racking up the kills too. Then, some Shadow trooper decides to come over and stand in front of my gun. First of all he wasn't needed on that side of the control point! Second, he was blocking my shots. Third, and worst of all, he was the only other guy in that area and left the other entrances wide open! Before I even notice the threat, a rebel comes up and melees me while I'm on the turret, and as I'm dead and respawning I can see them taking out that shadow trooper from behind. ARGHHHH!!! So many swear words spewing from my lips and stupid stuff like this.

LOL. I slam my desk, I swear every word in the book, and I can feel my blood pressure rise. There are so many random things that can happen in this game that completely spoil one's plans! The hero token is right in front of you. You think you have it. Then poof, someone jump packs in front of you and takes it. HUGE FIT OF RAGE ensues! And on and on it goes. But it's great fun!

I do seriously enjoy this game, even with all the weird glitches and seemingly strange behavior. I am completely in awe of the graphics and sound of this game. They totally nailed the essence of the Star Wars universe with this engine. And so far I just can't seem to get enough of it. And I fail to see why so many people are still hating on this game. Like right now, in the forum, people complaining about a lack of clarity on the DLC release date. So what, I say! Go play the game you already have. There's plenty to do. There's a new map that was just added yesterday. Go play that stuff, enjoy it, and the DLC will be here before you know it.