criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Which side do you see winning the new Endor map

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
edited March 2016
Just curious about this new map and if it's balanced to one side or the other. I think I've played it about 6 times so far. And except for the one instance where I bailed out at the end, the rebels have won every time. Usually the rebels have won very rapidly.

What I see is, during the second round of objectives, the objective in or near that hill gets caprtured. Too many defenders are outside covering that river/ravine area, and it takes too long to run across the map to get to the other objective in time.

From there, the rebels often come down in a massive wave and descend on the final objective fairly quickly. The last time I played it a few minutes ago, there was about a five minute battle, but eventually we overtook it and won.

Anyway, thats what I've seen. Rebels usually win. What's your experience?

Replies

• MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    Same here,the matches I played didn't last very long,am putting it down to people still learning the map
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    MadVlad wrote: »
    Same here,the matches I played didn't last very long,am putting it down to people still learning the map

This could be it. They do seem to be rather chaotic affairs for the most part. Especially around the final objective. It's a slaughterhouse. Or hamburger hill. Or whatever. Lots of people dying, respawning, running back in, dying, etc, thermal imploders every 5 seconds etc.
  • the majority of supremacy games I've played had the imperials stomping each time
  • MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    I like the chaos.its what keeps me coming back
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Depends on the mode to be honest.

Walker Assault seems near enough balanced, although the rebels need all working as a team to win, so maybe a slight shift in Imperial favour.

Supremacy is imperial dominated - they spawn so close to the middle CP, and once captured, spawn in the caves next to it. It's almost impossible to take as the position is highly defensible, and the imperials can pick anyone off coming through. Also, this forces the rebels to head to the left side of the map to storm the middle CP, leaving their CP open on the right side of the map for Imperials spawning in the caves.

Turning Point I've had equal wins with both, although as an Imperial its tough as the first 2 lots of CP's are lost pretty easily and the last one can be surrounded easily enough and is an explosion fest! All good though.

Post edited by DarthJ on
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    TP is ez pz for the rebels, the empire has to try really hard to stop it at the first two points, it's up to the rebels to not be bad and get inside. Just gotta work around the 5 snipers on each team that never push up and you're fine.

Walker assault seems ez for either team, depending on how entrenched you can get. The caves are a death trap but empire can really do some good work and keep y -wings away.

Haven't done supremacy yet, maybe tomorrow.

I just wish they use the whole map for TP... It could be 4 checkpoints and the first CP's could be up in the trees, where the uplinks are.... It just goes by so fast, I want the matches to last longer
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I played it 8 times on WA last night, and there were 4 wins for each side I was on. As the rebels, it's pretty hard to get in through that waterfall entrance to reactivate the 2nd CP. Don't know any other routes into there atm with it being a new map.

I was also able to rack up quite a large number of kills (for me). Just running round with any old gun I was able to get 40+ kills most games. 31 was my lowest (which is high for me). Also managed to grab a hero token and went on a bit of a killing spree with Palp - like electrocuting fish in a barrel :)

Overall I love the new map though.
  • MillenniumFalcon
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hamburger Hill.. exactly this were my thoughts, all the time hahaha
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I was referring to turning point. I've only played that mode on the new map. And rebels seem to roflstomp it most of the time
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    swaza79 wrote: »
    I played it 8 times on WA last night, and there were 4 wins for each side I was on. As the rebels, it's pretty hard to get in through that waterfall entrance to reactivate the 2nd CP. Don't know any other routes into there atm with it being a new map.

I was also able to rack up quite a large number of kills (for me). Just running round with any old gun I was able to get 40+ kills most games. 31 was my lowest (which is high for me). Also managed to grab a hero token and went on a bit of a killing spree with Palp - like electrocuting fish in a barrel :)

Overall I love the new map though.

That cave area has 3 entrances - one towards the imperial side, 1 on the rebel side and the entrance behind the waterfall. The only one used at the mo is the waterfall one, but I guess its because no-one is used to the map fully yet.

I've tried Luke, Vader and Boba on this map - I like to try all heroes on maps - Luke and Vader dominate in the caves and the forest part at the start of WA, poor in the final section. Boba is immense in the final tree sections.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

That cave area has 3 entrances - one towards the imperial side, 1 on the rebel side and the entrance behind the waterfall. The only one used at the mo is the waterfall one, but I guess its because no-one is used to the map fully yet.

My problem was that I was re-spawning above the waterfall every time. I did go looking about, but either got killed (back to the top of the waterfall I went) or was out of bounds. Wasn't only me though. When I was on the imps, we held that CP offline completely every game, and the only rebels came in (or at least tried to)through the waterfall entrance.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member

My problem was that I was re-spawning above the waterfall every time. I did go looking about, but either got killed (back to the top of the waterfall I went) or was out of bounds. Wasn't only me though. When I was on the imps, we held that CP offline completely every game, and the only rebels came in (or at least tried to)through the waterfall entrance.

I had the exact same on WA - that uplink never goes on, whilst the other one practically stays on haha, and both sides tend to sit next to and defend the particular uplink. It's almost a stalemate with pulse cannons!
  • ChewiesArmy
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Love the new map too. Played TP on it last night and as others have said, it was total chaos. What I liked is that I never had to run more than 10 sec to engagement. It seemed I spawned so close to the battle. There were so many times my radar was lit up on all sides...it was awesome! Forgot to add, the Imps won, but us Rebs were capturing the last point, just ran out of time.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I had the exact same on WA - that uplink never goes on, whilst the other one practically stays on haha, and both sides tend to sit next to and defend the particular uplink. It's almost a stalemate with pulse cannons!

The CP next to a hut and has a cover and a skull on a stick (sorry for bad description) is also a bit too easy to defend. There is a little gap between the rocks and the tree on the left so you can shoot the imps as they are running down the path towards you from their spawn point. Any that do make it round the corner have about 25% health or are melee bait even though it looks a bit like Strictly Come Melee if the first couple miss (could do with a "10 from Len" emote haha)

• DarthJ
    6109 posts Member

The CP next to a hut and has a cover and a skull on a stick (sorry for bad description) is also a bit too easy to defend. There is a little gap between the rocks and the tree on the left so you can shoot the imps as they are running down the path towards you from their spawn point. Any that do make it round the corner have about 25% health or are melee bait even though it looks a bit like Strictly Come Melee if the first couple miss (could do with a "10 from Len" emote haha)

I know which one you mean - theres no room to maneuver as its right next to a cliff face, so they can only really come towards you. The other one of those uplinks, on the big platform in the trees, is the same - you get 5 or 6 rebels up there sniping anyone in the trees for the most part.

And well done on using a Strictly reference mate - didn't expect to see that and Star Wars in a sentence!
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    And well done on using a Strictly reference mate - didn't expect to see that and Star Wars in a sentence!

And I never thought I'd see a rebel and a storm trooper doing the Argentine Tango by a control point on Endor!
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    For the most part I won on whatever team I was on. However, there was the one-match I joined as imperials mid-progress and the Walker was already at 25% health on the first uplink.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • For supremacy imperials definitely have an easier time capturing the first control point
  • MadVlad wrote: »
    I like the chaos.its what keeps me coming back

Literally. Running, BOOM, running back.
  • I was initially quite fond of the new Endor map when it dropped. It had a cool late afternoon sunlight vibe...really liked the wreckage etc., but after several rounds I'm finding it VERY difficult to play as an Imp on this map. I simply cannot see the rebel troops at all on this map (compared to the original Endor). Maybe it has to do with all the brown/tan tones of the map? I'm no expert player by any means but I get eaten alive on this map (as an Imp) more than any other map in the game.

Anybody else find it much harder to see the Alliance on this map?