criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I've got contact going with Dennis the lead designer in twitter

I'm desperately trying to get him to come to the forums to answer out questions. Help support me!

Replies

• Support how?
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Whereas I do support that attempt at opening more communication, isn't this Sledgehammer's lane?

I've always believed in the "maintain your lane" ideology.
  • I asked Dennis, who asked me me which thread hes'd like a response to, to reply to @GRDNANGL172 post about fixing fighter squadron.
  • I asked Dennis, who asked me me which thread hes'd like a response to, to reply to @GRDNANGL172 post about fixing fighter squadron.

I could kiss you
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    He had mentioned the team learned some lessons with Jakku and how the separate map filter hurt our ability to find a game. Think you can get him to expound upon that?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.

I could kiss you

Having played it mate I see your genuine concerns,

I could kiss you

Well I really appreciate it that you went that far to get those concerns to him. If this gets a real fix me and many other Fighter Squadron Fans will be extremely grateful to you
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I asked Dennis, who asked me me which thread hes'd like a response to, to reply to @GRDNANGL172 post about fixing fighter squadron.

@KeyserSoandSo
    Thank you for this. Maybe we will finally get some fixes!! :)
    9713687_orig.jpg
    Star-Wars-Medals.jpg?resize=475%2C221&type=vertical
  • I just want any developer to come and be honest on the forum. You get to a point in Twitter where you're almost asking them to confirm the mode is broken (see MrFuurious post ) and yet you get nothing. Were I a game developer I'd be 'holy ****, that needs fixing' but it's zero silence - why?
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    A simple acknowledgement that they will look into it will be a really big deal in alleviating frustration. The post is in maps and modes feedback now for developer review after everyone pitched in.
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31490/fighter-squadron-overhaul-needed-patch-made-it-worse/p1
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    A simple acknowledgement that they will look into it will be a really big deal in alleviating frustration. The post is in maps and modes feedback now for developer review after everyone pitched in.
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31490/fighter-squadron-overhaul-needed-patch-made-it-worse/p1

Agreed 100%. Communication is always key.
  • Things could be looking up
  • ChadDSolo wrote: »
    Whereas I do support that attempt at opening more communication, isn't this Sledgehammer's lane?

Umm, have you noticed how useless sledge is around here? I've seen so many rational questions asked respectfully that never ever get answered. I'd guess if EA knew how poor he was doing as the so called community manager, they'd find someone else to actually perform the job. The devs do a considerably better job at communicating and they also actually make the game. Yet the community manager who simply exists to communicate can't get that one thing right.

It sounds harsh, but I cannot stand people who do not perform their tasks. I'd jump to protect him if he even showed a slight bit of willingness to do his job, but he hasn't, so I have no respect for him and wish we could find a better community manager and slowly get this fan base thinking positive and lessening the toxic forums.

I could kiss you

Well I really appreciate it that you went that far to get those concerns to him. If this gets a real fix me and many other Fighter Squadron Fans will be extremely grateful to you

It's amazing that he wasn't aware of these things before with how much people have pleaded on here to the "admins" who supposedly have contact with the devs. Makes you wonder.
  • MrFurious1000
    1231 posts Member
    edited March 2016

I really hope he does look over the entire 10 pages or so because there is ALOT of evidence thru out the thread. I mean there are alot of issues with FS

1. Shield Ram (Hero and Standard fighter)
    2. Rebels overall advantage
    3. miss locking missiles (missiles that change targets once fired)
    4. short games, point cap needs to be more then 200
    5. Transport glitch
    6. Minimum speed increase (you can go too slow, I never overshoot anything ever)
    7. Imperial speed boost pretty ineffective
    8. 2 fighters collide and die, rebels get kill point, imperials get nothing

Thats just off the top of my head. Im sure others can think of many others
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    QQnerfQQ wrote: »
    ChadDSolo wrote: »

Umm, have you noticed how useless sledge is around here? I've seen so many rational questions asked respectfully that never ever get answered. I'd guess if EA knew how poor he was doing as the so called community manager, they'd find someone else to actually perform the job. The devs do a considerably better job at communicating and they also actually make the game. Yet the community manager who simply exists to communicate can't get that one thing right.

It sounds harsh, but I cannot stand people who do not perform their tasks. I'd jump to protect him if he even showed a slight bit of willingness to do his job, but he hasn't, so I have no respect for him and wish we could find a better community manager and slowly get this fan base thinking positive and lessening the toxic forums.

I have to agree. As community manager, I'd assume his whole job revolves around communicating with the community... Posting constant updates, answering questions and just generally being present on the official forums.

Instead I find you have to practically beg for answers and when you do get them, they're vague or generic responses. Stop ignoring and stringing along your customers. Even if the answer is not the one I want, I'd respect you for being honest and up front. Too much to ask I guess.
  • They've gone and nerfed Sledge apparently... Probably won't let the guy say anything.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    QQnerfQQ wrote: »
    ChadDSolo wrote: »

That's just not what I'm saying, "umm". If it comes out in the wash the community manager (Sledge) isn't Johnny on the Spot with communicating the problems we the players are seeing, that is a problem, sure. All I was getting at as Devil's Advocate is this is his lane and Dennis' is...whatever that is (I have zero idea what he does). That being said, Dennis does generally seem quite receptive to player feedback, problems we find, and questions.

Regardless who's in charge of what...they gotta know about stuff that's been plaguing this game - especially the 'been around since day one' stuff like glitched achievements and so on (?).
  • I just can't understand why they wouldn't take this info on board. Some of the gamers have put close to 200 hours into this game and just want realistic fixes to take place. I appreciate that not everyone is going to get their concern addressed and that's ok, I accept that but when there's 10 pages of a particular game mode being broken surely you'd thing they'd take a look at it
  • I just can't understand why they wouldn't take this info on board. Some of the gamers have put close to 200 hours into this game and just want realistic fixes to take place. I appreciate that not everyone is going to get their concern addressed and that's ok, I accept that but when there's 10 pages of a particular game mode being broken surely you'd thing they'd take a look at it

Right? They essentially made all of us beta testers that not only do they not have to pay, but that actually paid to be beta testers. And they're seemingly ignoring all the data we've put together for them. What a bunch of tools.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member