criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Why doesn't Survivors Turning Point use the Ewok Village?

Vakyoom
995 posts Member
edited March 2016
I'm a sad panda... I enjoy the new map on all modes, plenty of fun but on Turning point you never get to use the Ewok village... It's the perfect spot to set up 3 control points like the start of Outpost Beta or Jakku... 1 up in the trees where one Y-wing uplink is, one in the corner where the other Y-wing uplink is and one on the ground under a tree? Maybe the last one could be in a tree too, but not up so high as the other Y-wing uplink.

The height, the excitement, all that space and there could be speeders bikes there for that round! Rebel fun too!

Think about it Dice, the matches on SoE are already over so fast if the rebels know what they're doing, at least this way it'd last a little longer. The Empire might be able to buy valuable time in those ewok village points since the first 2 CP's are easy enough to get and the last one is basically free if all the rebels pile in at once(plus 3-4 friendly imploders).

Think about it. Twice. Or more times cuz it's a good idea.
Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!

Replies

• DarthJ
    6570 posts Member
    Agreed, its probably my favourite part of the map. Last point on WA ia great with it!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    It's definitely an interesting part of the map, TP feels so short on that map and it's just unused space :(
  • If it started in the ewok village, what would be the last control point?
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    The last one.... It would add a 4th cp to the beginning and function like jakku or Sullust.
  • Okay. I like that plan! It'd make the games longer which is needed! Plus, it's too bad the village isn't a part of the mode because it's my favorite part of the map and probably my favorite area in the game entirely.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Totally! Happy I'm not the only who thinks it'd make a great addition.
  • I keep saying the ewok village there should be a cargo map :smile:
  • Jakku Turning Point missed the star destroyer engine.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Jakku Turning Point missed the star destroyer engine.

Huh?
  • DarthJ
    6570 posts Member
    Imagine the chaos in the ewok village in turning point - its a great defensible position too!
  • MillenniumFalcon
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Vakyoom wrote: »
    Jakku Turning Point missed the star destroyer engine.

Huh?

He means that giant 'ring' (exhaust part) at the beginning of TP Jakku rebel side.

And I agree with you that the TP SoE is waaay to short :'(
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Oh right. Yea that's very true. But cutting out one end section or the other on a 4 checkpoint map doesn't really feel like you're missing something.

Having only 3 checkpoints and missing at least 2/3 of the map is an oversight imo.
  • DarthJ
    6570 posts Member
    Vakyoom wrote: »
    Oh right. Yea that's very true. But cutting out one end section or the other on a 4 checkpoint map doesn't really feel like you're missing something.

Having only 3 checkpoints and missing at least 2/3 of the map is an oversight imo.

A bit like Outpost beta and the other Endor map - a big chunk is unused. The rebel camps would have made a good CP, and the downed walker or uplink placing in Outpost beta.