criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are people playing turning point anymore?

Just like title says. I used to be able to get jakku popping just about instantly prior to last update but after they introduced more maps in the mode i have had zero games pop.
What gives? Anybody else having this issue?
Playing from australia if that matters.

Replies

• ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sometimes there's games, sometimes not depending on day of week and time of day. Weekday afternoons in western US it's iffy.

XBox
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    What platform are you playing on?

PC is dead in AUS, I know that much. Consoles won't be far behind soon enough. You can try changing your region, but you'll get lag.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Sometimes it just takes a bit but there are always games and turning point is gaining popularity all the time.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Havnt seen a turning point game since 2 weeks after the Jakku patch.

PC, AUS
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Yeah there's 'always games'
    ....on weekends.

3pm on a weekday - forget it.

"Reasoning"
  • As others have said, depends on your region and what you are using to play SWBF. I seem to find games of Turning Point all the time on PS4 in the US.
  • I just don't like the final point on the new map. It's just too easy for the rebels.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Platform is ps4.
    i havnt managed to play turning point since it was only one map... pretty sure my region is set to auto.
  • I just don't like the final point on the new map. It's just too easy for the rebels.

I dont like how the Empire is the only side defending things in the big modes(besides supremacy) unlike how the rebels are usualy defending things in the films.
  • Tigerserpent
    925 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh and lackOfFaith_StarWars.jpg
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    Platform is ps4.
    i havnt managed to play turning point since it was only one map... pretty sure my region is set to auto.

I can only suggest changing your region to the US.

It's the only way Aussies on PC have been able to play the game. You'll have a fairly high ping for a FPS though, so expect to be at a disadvantage. Sad to hear consoles have reached this point as well.
  • Australia
    Online gaming

Pick one.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    the bulk of my gaming is used on Turning Point. I rarely have trouble finding a TP game instantly. but the first time I did have an issue was after they expanded it to the other maps. TP lovers just aren't on Jakku anymore.
    Post edited by JoshDamage on
  • No issues evenings / weekend in the UK, rarely see games below 88% full when I'm looking to play TP on PS4.

Heroes vs Villains on the other hand...
  • I nearly only play WA and TP and never have any issues finding a game. Most of the time within 3-5 secs.
    EU on PS4.
  • I almost never find TP anymore, even on weekends.
    I always have to go back to WA, and I ALWAYS find the new Endor map...I'm starting to get annoyed.
    PC Europe here, and my matchmaking region is set to auto.
  • Hell
    10 posts Member
    Playing it right now! Its 13h50, London and Lisboa time, full room, ps4, europe.
  • After realizing Turning Point did not allow hero pickups, I kind of fell off on it. I mean I enjoy it, Rush is my favorite mode in Battlefield and it's very much a parallel to it, it's just without heroes I feel like there is something missing from it, maybe it's just me.
  • Sbroffage
    737 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    After realizing Turning Point did not allow hero pickups, I kind of fell off on it. I mean I enjoy it, Rush is my favorite mode in Battlefield and it's very much a parallel to it, it's just without heroes I feel like there is something missing from it, maybe it's just me.

Odd, that is what I precisely like in TP. No more Boba fett sniping fest or Luke slaughterfest.
    If I could play it...
  • Always find games within secobds on xbox usa
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I love the concept of Turning Point, unfortunately the spawn points usually have me facing backwards away from the battle , and often have me running out of bounds. Unacceptable. I just play Supremely instead. It's virtually the same mode without the ridiculous out of bounds .
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • I don't play this much but it's probably my favorite of the bigger modes mainly because there aren't heroes.

The heroes just annoy me because I never get them...

Now I wish there were a bigger mode that was without vehicles as well. I just want a large-scale combat game where I don't need to get so many cheap deaths from heroes and vehicles.
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    Osskscosco wrote: »
    Australia
    Online gaming

Pick one.

Such an ignorant response.

The game is the problem, not our location. But I'm sure you know better, you're Aussie right?