criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Confirmed: new outfits and heads incoming

Prev1

Replies

• Salacious_Me_1138
    1710 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's gonna be a dark comedy if they add MORE non-helmeted varieties to the Imperials....they seem so ashamed of doing that in the first place that not one single employee has commented on the issue since release date. "Why old women stormtroopers?.......Hey look over here! We added Niub Numb to the heroes!"
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Awesome! That's exciting. :-) Just hope they mean with lvl cap increase.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • add face camo to the heads
  • Just what we wanted! Heads!
  • Are they listening at all? EVERYONE has stated we don't want heads.. we want more helmets. Let us choose the snow stormtroopers on any map like the endor stormtroopers. Let us choose the sand storm troopers on any map. It's absurd we can't do that.
  • Are they listening at all? EVERYONE has stated we don't want heads.. we want more helmets. Let us choose the snow stormtroopers on any map like the endor stormtroopers. Let us choose the sand storm troopers on any map. It's absurd we can't do that.

Yes^^
  • It's little stuff like this they could easily add to the game (and should) to let us customize more and help the game not feel so bare.
  • Absurd is you want the Snowtrooper in the desert or in Sullust Sandtrooper . NO thanks must leave things as they are and keep things such faithful to the saga
    giphy.gif
  • Absurd is you want the Snowtrooper in the desert or in Sullust Sandtrooper . NO thanks must leave things as they are and keep things such faithful to the saga

How in any way is that absurd? What's the difference between that and letting the endor troopers play on any level? They are both all white?

MUST leave things exactly like the saga? What are you a Disney employee? if that was the case they wouldn't have the lava level in the game considering it's not in the saga. They wouldn't allow the rebels to use the E11 since that's the empires gun in the "saga"

Give me a break
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Are they listening at all? EVERYONE has stated we don't want heads.. we want more helmets. Let us choose the snow stormtroopers on any map like the endor stormtroopers. Let us choose the sand storm troopers on any map. It's absurd we can't do that.

Wow. You don't even know what they're offering and ALREADY you're complaining. This community is despicable.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Khrimm
    61 posts Member
    I hope they don't add aliens on imperial side. It would be the stupidest thing they could do. I also hope they remove the helmetless stormtroopers.
  • Osskscosco
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Absurd is you want the Snowtrooper in the desert or in Sullust Sandtrooper . NO thanks must leave things as they are and keep things such faithful to the saga

How in any way is that absurd? What's the difference between that and letting the endor troopers play on any level? They are both all white?

MUST leave things exactly like the saga? What are you a Disney employee? if that was the case they wouldn't have the lava level in the game considering it's not in the saga. They wouldn't allow the rebels to use the E11 since that's the empires gun in the "saga"

Give me a break

They are scout troopers and not endor troopers. Learn your star wars before you complain about it.

Also E-11 is just a gun, anyone can buy or steal it.
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
  • I would be almost immediately turned off if I saw snowtroopers on Tatooine or magmatroopers on Hoth. The scout troopers are on every map because they never got specific planet setups or outfits, at least to my knowledge. Allowing any trooper type on any map would be worse than relentless stormtroopers. I would like to see face paint on rebels, seeing as they were guerillas and the face paint would allow them to hide/camouflage better. But what I would really like to see is Imperial officers in battle gear or different outfits for the rebels, seeing as a whole army of ragtag fighters would not have a specific uniform.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    snakebro25 wrote: »
    I would be almost immediately turned off if I saw snowtroopers on Tatooine or magmatroopers on Hoth. The scout troopers are on every map because they never got specific planet setups or outfits, at least to my knowledge. Allowing any trooper type on any map would be worse than relentless stormtroopers. I would like to see face paint on rebels, seeing as they were guerillas and the face paint would allow them to hide/camouflage better. But what I would really like to see is Imperial officers in battle gear or different outfits for the rebels, seeing as a whole army of ragtag fighters would not have a specific uniform.

How about NO face paint, it's annoying enough that the rebels blend in on endor easily adding face paint would make it worse for the imperials.
  • ross42899
    1432 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Let us choose the snow stormtroopers on any map like the endor stormtroopers. Let us choose the sand storm troopers on any map. It's absurd we can't do that.

No. It's not absurd that we can't do that. Snowtroopers on Tatooine would break the immersion way more than helmetless troopers. Attaching specific stormtrooper types to specifiy environments was one of the things DICE did right. I agree that we need more customization options but please no Snowtroopers on Tatooine, Endor or Sullust and no Sandtroopers and regular Stormtroopers on Hoth. That would be simply annoying and ridiculous.
    I also hope they remove the helmetless stormtroopers.

No. They simply need to add an on/off option to the game options. So every player will be pleased. Just removing helmetless troopers will annoy people who have earned ingame credits and have unlocked the heads.
  • Who gives a rip if the Stormtroopers are helmetless or not? Is this really that big of a deal? No it doesn't follow the "saga" but there is a lot in this game that doesn't follow the "saga." I prefer the Stormtroopers with helmets because I think they look bad-****! But, if you choose to play a character without a helmet, who am I or anyone to tell you, or anyone, what to wear and how to play the game? I do think it would be cool to have more variety as far as the Empire goes, i.e Clone Troopers, Tie Fighter Pilots, etc.
  • If we have to have old women stormtroopers then we need a melee handbag attack. Imagine jump packing in and missing with your one shot to then receive a hangbag swipe across the face. Ultimate shame.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    NeroG100 wrote: »
    Just what we wanted! Heads!

Right?!? That's just what the game needs...heads.
  • Cool, more Alien heads on the way!

Can wait to unlock and play as this guy!
    latest?cb=20060520154604

• ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Ithorian and Chadrafan for the win!
  • MORE helmets LESS ponytails (community "but zomg i look so hawt as my female")
  • darkhelmet1.jpg

It will be Dark Helmet and i know because the Schwartz told me!
    There will also be a tatooine skin:

AGYVPQYVDX.JPG
  • I would like to see Hans' and Lukes' head added to the empire side of things. Just think it would be fun running around as Luke or Han in the stormtrooper outfit fighting along with other troopers. Like looking at a alternate reality.
  • EA now think they've made everyone happy by adding new heads. I'd prefer everyone just staying human.
  • Can the Imps just get Imperial Officers, Shock troopers, AT-AT Pilot, or Stormtroopers with different color schemes based on rank...

I couldn't care less about helmet less troopers, just makes it easier for me to hit your head

Hell I'll even take Dark Troopers.....just more imperials
    68Jwh4f.jpg
  • i think imperial officer would be cool if you got to a certain level, different color shoulder pads should be unlockable to show rank, or maybe even custom armor paint schemes like the clone troopers had. i know imperial stormtroopers in the movies never had custom paint schemes but emperor palpatine also didnt go around fighting in battles either...

No we just want a few more of the many stormtrooper variants such as: Imp officer, Deathstar Trooper, Imperial Navy Troopers, Maybe TIE pilots, AT-AT Drivers, etc.

That sounds more absurd then anything i have seen in this thread.

No we just want a few more of the many stormtrooper variants such as: Imp officer, Deathstar Trooper, Imperial Navy Troopers, Maybe TIE pilots, AT-AT Drivers, etc.

No we dont.
  • Versatti
    1806 posts Member
    modulair wrote: »
    darkhelmet1.jpg

AGYVPQYVDX.JPG

:D :D :D

I'm with some of the others. For the love of god absolutely NO to Snowtroopers on any level. Some people shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised!!!
  • tuna_sushi
    604 posts Member
    edited March 2016

no we dont. how ridiculous would it look once players get to level 60 (or whatever) and then over half the imperial team is at-at driver skins? or imperial officers.
    keep in mind at some point most players will reach a level that allows for these "rare" skins and then you'll have the teams of 20 "death star gunners" doing turning point missions.

• If I have ONE complaint about this game, it's helmetless Stormtroopers. Please, remove them and add in different armor classes instead.
  • modulair wrote: »
    darkhelmet1.jpg

AGYVPQYVDX.JPG

Well done sir. You win xD
  • Yeah EVENTUALLY. I didn't see anything about it coming in this update
  • If we have to have old women stormtroopers then we need a melee handbag attack. Imagine jump packing in and missing with your one shot to then receive a hangbag swipe across the face. Ultimate shame.

Hahahaha! That's good. If I could unlock the handbag I would always be the old women stormtrooper.
  • Yeah EVENTUALLY. I didn't see anything about it coming in this update

There supposed to be some "bragging rights" item as @slegdehammer70 in the outer rim DLC. So probably some sort of customization.
  • Bdufek34 wrote: »
    Yeah EVENTUALLY. I didn't see anything about it coming in this update

There supposed to be some "bragging rights" item as @slegdehammer70 in the outer rim DLC. So probably some sort of customization.

I forgot to mention it's supposed to be when you reach level 60.
  • Imperial officers would be nice. anything to mix it up is fine in my book. I'm fine with gameplay and everything the lack of customization and unlocks is what kills the game for me. I know it should be secondary but with nothing to unlock I run out of reasons to play the game.
  • The new imperial skins require 2 things :
    60 for access level requirement
    Challenge to unlock it.
    Example : Tie Fighter Pilot . ( Level 60 )
    Mission: Tie Fighter 50 deaths and 50 deaths Tie Interceptor
    It is a more serious example fun and more incentives to play .
    The same had to happen with ShadowTrooper and missions to unlock scout trooper
    and so there would be many in the games.
    Another issue on the soldiers without helmets ruins the immersion and if there snowtroopers on Tatooine would break even more.
    giphy.gif
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    Tusken raiders need to be in the game for all desert maps.
  • Bdufek34 wrote: »
    Bdufek34 wrote: »
    Yeah EVENTUALLY. I didn't see anything about it coming in this update

I forgot to mention it's supposed to be when you reach level 60.

@Sledgehammer70 oops typo
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    Evdoflav wrote: »
    Who gives a rip if the Stormtroopers are helmetless or not? Is this really that big of a deal? No it doesn't follow the "saga" but there is a lot in this game that doesn't follow the "saga." I prefer the Stormtroopers with helmets because I think they look bad-****! But, if you choose to play a character without a helmet, who am I or anyone to tell you, or anyone, what to wear and how to play the game? I do think it would be cool to have more variety as far as the Empire goes, i.e Clone Troopers, Tie Fighter Pilots, etc.

There weren't any more clones left in the empire except for the 501st legion so if we get 501st color scheme stormtroopers they'll be the only types of clones that can get a free pass for immersion.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    The new imperial skins require 2 things :
    60 for access level requirement
    Challenge to unlock it.
    Example : Tie Fighter Pilot . ( Level 60 )
    Mission: Tie Fighter 50 deaths and 50 deaths Tie Interceptor
    It is a more serious example fun and more incentives to play .
    The same had to happen with ShadowTrooper and missions to unlock scout trooper
    and so there would be many in the games.
    Another issue on the soldiers without helmets ruins the immersion and if there snowtroopers on Tatooine would break even more.

Why should people have to die as a requirement to unlock those? That's a dumb idea.
  • Mkfrancis
    353 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Evdoflav wrote: »
    Who gives a rip if the Stormtroopers are helmetless or not? Is this really that big of a deal? No it doesn't follow the "saga" but there is a lot in this game that doesn't follow the "saga." I prefer the Stormtroopers with helmets because I think they look bad-****! But, if you choose to play a character without a helmet, who am I or anyone to tell you, or anyone, what to wear and how to play the game? I do think it would be cool to have more variety as far as the Empire goes, i.e Clone Troopers, Tie Fighter Pilots, etc.

This guy gets it.

Its not about immersion for everyone. I agree I don't want to see pink troopers running around but you cant just force everyone to rock the same set of gear cause you cant immerse into the game. To bad.
  • Alefarias96
    926 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I meant to make kills with Tie fighters , but I also like the option of missions to unlock things.
    giphy.gif
  • BlackgoliathJW
    901 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So I read this tweet like this:
    More alien heads and outfits for rebels sometime "soon" - check.
    More outfits for imperials "soon" - check.

And for "outfits for imperials"..... Please please PLEASE no more helmetless storm troopers! :|

Give me a break
    Wrong. Sullust is mentioned in Episode VI. And anyone can get a gun, they don't have strict gun laws in the Star Wars universe. The E-11 is the standard blaster because they liked it and adopted it.
  • +1 for more skins.

I laugh every time someone gets all upset about troopers without helmets. Han and Luke did it in ANH. Lots of clone troopers did it throughout Episodes 1, 2, and 3. I know I'm forgetting many more times it happened. Oh yeah. Most recently... Finn did it. xD There's only so many Trooper skins to go with without going into the Clone trooper armor. And we all know that won't happen.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • They really should just start adding all the different trooper and officer variants from both sides. Bike helmet Alderan commandos, rebel pilot garb, Palp's royal guards, Imperial deck officers etc etc. This should have been in from the start.
  • +1 for more skins.

I laugh every time someone gets all upset about troopers without helmets. Han and Luke did it in ANH. Lots of clone troopers did it throughout Episodes 1, 2, and 3. I know I'm forgetting many more times it happened. Oh yeah. Most recently... Finn did it. xD There's only so many Trooper skins to go with without going into the Clone trooper armor. And we all know that won't happen.

1. Han and Luke are not actual stormtroopers.
    2. There's a difference between the Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic as far as uniform standards go.
    3. Finn was shamed by Captain Phasma for taking his helmet off.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif