criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

** New features** Updates and changes for Outer Rim DLC - Info pulled from today's stream-spree!

2Next

Replies

• kn05is
    56 posts Member
    Thank you this summery. I watched about an hour's worth of the feed, near the end of it, and am extremely excited for this update. Especially the autoscramble/team balancing.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Great summary. Also Sledge mentioned 2 new dioramas, I'm betting its Greedo and Numbnumb lol.

On a serious note he'll be a pretty formidable support char with those 4 mines and smart turret placements.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Great summary. Also Sledge mentioned 2 new dioramas, I'm betting its Greedo and Numbnumb lol.

On a serious note he'll be a pretty formidable support char with those 4 mines and smart turret placements.

Dang, youre totally right about the diorama... there are also new trophies.

NN has good offensive abilities too but i'll probs use him over Leia for defending now. Gonna be lots of fun
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Thanks for the info OP!
  • Vakyoom wrote: »
    Awesome write up man! Good job.
    Some other bits and pieces I noted:

When a player reaches trait level 3 (I'm not sure about level 2) it will pop up on the right hand side notifications area of the screen, in the same way it shows when a player becomes or defeats a hero.

When a cargo carrier has been spotted, the indicator for enemies to see where that carrier is, blinks slowly now instead of staying solid. So it will be a bit harder to find the enemy cargo carrier.

"Team play focus"
    You will be able to, for example in turning point at the first set of control points, hover your crosshair over the left control point symbol, click the X button (Xbox), and that will add you to a little indicator which is attached to the control point symbol. So if three team mates did that on the left CP, it would show the number 3. This will allow other team members to see how many are going for this point or that point. This will work with all the objective based modes.

"Match summary screen"
    At the end of a match you will now see a little summary of how many kills and deaths you had. Dennis said that the devs are slowly going to add more stats to that over time. So eventually we will get a nice detailed match summary report at the end of a round of how well we did. (I'm thinking it could end up being like the halo 5 end of match carnage report).

Boba fett
    Dennis said he is still by far the most damaging hero against infantry, even after all his nerfs. In HvV though he ain't too flash.
    They are looking to buff him though and specifically looking at his flamethrower.

Well you got me on a couple of those things. The match summary

I didn't hear the cargo part actually and never noticed anyone getting to rank 3 trait except jack frags. The end match screen is definitely more detailed I should've included that.

Why does everyone think I left boba out tho? He has a few things that are on the table

And I did mention the team-play icon It just might be buried in a bunch of text lol

It was late, I was tired, my eyes were sore :#
    I knew you had the fett info there, just wanted to add to it. and I did see your team play part. I then proceeded to forget about it, write about it, then discover for the second time that you already wrote about it lol.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    haha no worries. You still gave me stuff i didn't know about so thanks for that!!
  • @Vakyoom Thanks! All I have to add is that I'm pretty sure that in Jackfrags stream they mentioned the specifics of the barrage buff. They said shorter fuse time but slightly decreased blast radius.
  • Ooh good catch. That reduced fuse time will be much appreciated but I still think the cd is too long compared to the thermal det.

I'm interested to see what they do to it and the bowcaster.

Dang, youre totally right about the diorama... there are also new trophies.

NN has good offensive abilities too but i'll probs use him over Leia for defending now. Gonna be lots of fun

Leia is still better with her shield and trooper bane combo but in the open Niem is gonna camp back with his pulse cannon and lay waste with orbital strikes. Imagine him calling in b or y wings for some carpet bombing lol.

Also the dioramas will be the new heroes right?
  • Awsome post! Really looking foward to it. Did they mention anything about adding extra Star Card Hands? I didn't see it on the list and am curious.
  • As in choosing between more than 2 hands between deaths? I don't think they'll do that at all but they didn't mention it on the stream that I'm aware of.

The diorama could be the 2 heroes, I honestly don't remember. Oh also the new dioramas and the 5 new trophies/achieves will not change how perfecting the base game works.

** Right ability - Proxy bomb/Orbital Strike - 10-12 sec cd, can have 4 on the field at once. DON'T STAND ON YOUR OWN PROXYS. Changes to Orbital strike on Large game modes, 20v20.

Any idea if Nien gets Orbital Strike or Proximity Mines for Offline Hero Battles?

** Right ability - Proxy bomb/Orbital Strike - 10-12 sec cd, can have 4 on the field at once. DON'T STAND ON YOUR OWN PROXYS. Changes to Orbital strike on Large game modes, 20v20.

Any idea if Nien gets Orbital Strike or Proximity Mines for Offline Hero Battles?

I'm not even sure they've been confirmed for offline battles yet. I would wager the prox mines however. Theyd be way more useful at least.
  • I asked Sledge on Twitter and he said they won't be available on release but will be implemented in the future update in near future. I am not sure release is referring to season pass holder release or the official release

"The Outer Rim heroes will not be available in Missions at release, we will be bringing them in via an update in the near future."
    Exact words from him^.
  • fyrefox46 wrote: »
    Vakyoom wrote: »

I'm not even sure they've been confirmed for offline battles yet. I would wager the prox mines however. Theyd be way more useful at least.

Sledge confirmed they are added later in patch
  • But I do have a "suggestion" about Nien abilities in Battles

Brief Summary:
    Nien gets Orbital Strikes in Hoth & Tatooine, Proximity Mines in Endor & Sullust
    Since, Hoth and Tatooine maps are really more open, while Endor and Sullust maps are more indoor
    Because, you can't target Orbital Strikes indoor so its almost a useless ability for Endor and Sullust, and Proximity Mines will be much more effective in the 2 map. While Tatooine and Hoth, the maps are more open so Orbital Strikes are better than Proximity Mines as you can clear the area easily.
    This also allows players to experience 2 types of abilities Nien has in the more suitable environment / maps

I posted a longer version of this under Feedback here's the link if anyone wants to read it: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/34217/issue-with-the-new-hero-abilities-nien-nunb-in-offline-with-a-suggestion-not-a-complain-post#latest
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    I don't think that would work since the orbital strike would be infinitely more useful in big modes. Just because the big maps have some indoor areas doesn't mean you will be useless if you play nien. Just need to play to his strengths depending on what mode you're in. Hit the walker with OS.
  • fracas
    34 posts Member
    Anyone mention this?

[img][/img]9bdb9t.png

• Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh ok. That's in the op but not the specifics. I didn't think they actually showed what the trait does on cam. Nice catch!!

That will be awesome when combined with the adrenaline rush card.. I see crazy combos in our future.
  • @Vakyoom
    I know you mentioned the squad shield buff and that means leias shield too.

But has anyone thought about that? Leia has pretty much received a rather large buff now. People will need a specific load out to counter her shield now. - ion grenades, cyclers and for DLC owners the scatter shot.

So with her technical buff, vader buff, Luke's very slight nerf and greedo and Nunb - hero play just got a lot more interesting :)
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    I gues I should've included the squad shield change in heroes too, but you're right that is a specific buff for Leia while I personally feel it's a nerf to the squad shield.

I can't throw grenades out, all I can do is the same things people can do from the outside.. I stick my head out to throw a grenade or shoot and I die. In this scenario the squad shield is t helping beceause I lose any advantage being inside.

Leia can at least shoot out still.

I think this will just change squad shield into giant targets for the ion grenade while not offering any offensive capabilities that your enemies won't have over you.

I I can't throw a grenade out I will probably just not use them. I use them now because they're good. If someone throws a grenade inside, step out for a second away from the enemies. But now I have to step out to be on offense too.

Meh we'll see but I'm not excited for that change on infantry. Leia will do better because of it tho.

Don't forget dioxis is a shield counter too.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    The primary mode of engagement in this game is gunfights so added blaster damage is crucial. Then add even more damage onto that, plus higher health, and oh man the Beserker trait may become a necessity.
  • Covert_Agent_1
    66 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Vakyoom wrote: »
    I don't think that would work since the orbital strike would be infinitely more useful in big modes. Just because the big maps have some indoor areas doesn't mean you will be useless if you play nien. Just need to play to his strengths depending on what mode you're in. Hit the walker with OS.

I mean the Offline Modes (vs AI) not the Multiplayer Modes. I don't have any problems with his ability in Multiplayer at all. My only concern is the ability he gets in the Offline Hero Battles, because there's 2 maps which offer a open area (Tatooine, Hoth) and other 2 more indoor based (Endor, Sullust). The Tatooine map is also the map for blast called Dune Sea Exchange, the Hoth map is only available in Battles, Endor map is called Imperial Station also a Blast map then the Sullust map is only available in Battles.

Endor: a lot more indoor fighting than outdoor cause the only outdoor space in the map is the landing pad, the rest of the map is inside the imperial station and Orbital Strikes can't be targeted in the station. Therefore, Proxmity Mines is more useful since theres more choke points, coridoors in the station
    Sullust: this map is 90% indoor, almost no place to use orbital strike at all, unless you exit the factory to the small area outside thats the only place orbital strike can be used. Then, proximity mines will be better as you can put it near the stairs, bridges and doors.
    Tatooine: map is pretty open, only place to take cover from orbital strike is under the GR-75 transport, that makes the map suitable for orbital strike. Proximity Mines will work but less effective since theres lesser choke points and area is quite open
    Hoth: almost the same as Tatooine, but this map theres like mountains caves, Orbital Strike can hit any area other than the caves, not much choke points or narrow passage way for Proximity Mines.
    Go try out the 4 maps you might get what I mean
    Post edited by Covert_Agent_1 on
  • Really not happy about the DLT-19x.

Game could end up a sniper fest. Its already annoying with the cheap Pulse Cannon...

:/
  • Really not happy about the DLT-19x.

Game could end up a sniper fest. Its already annoying with the cheap Pulse Cannon...

:/

Imagine if people start combining it with Cooling Cell. But I think a dev or sledge said it needs to be headshot to kill at long range, but one shot on body at close, not too sure about mid range
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    DLT-19x will only be a one shot up close if it's not a headshot.

There's finally a weapon to use with cooling cell, reserve judgement til the patch drops honestly. Plus a buff to barrage and bowcaster will make snipers a little more scared to camp.

I'll be coming for them.

I see what you mean about offline battles. I don't believe the new heroes will be in the offline stufff
    I see what you mean about offline battles. I don't believe the new heroes will be in the offline stufff

Sledge said it will be in offline but have to wait for a patch in the future, so it won't be available immediately when outer rim is released

• Right, so until further notice he'll be absent from practice modes.

Lame.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Bump for thaT outer rim hype!!
  • lol, at least we know not to expect them on release so won't be like "oh, I m going to play Nien / greedo in hero battles today so excited about it" then "wheres the new hero???"
  • But at least they will be included in Missions some time later, some time...hopefully soon
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    For those looking for information, this is probably the most comprehensive list of updates you'll find. https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/4au2kz/outer_rim_dlc_stream_megathread/
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Most of that list is still wrong/incomplete from the other week @Blazur

15v15 extraction? No..

Incomplete hero info and all that...

Alas, I linked that page in my OP and it's still missing things despite them being able to update it whenever they want lol...

Use both pages for info since some of their stuff is incorrect or assumed and I can't add things I missed to my OP

Post edited by Vakyoom on
  • Thanks for the list. The one thing I am not too happy about is the limit of only 2 guards/shock troopers per round. Other than that I think this will be a pretty good patch.
  • Good stuff my friend! I am not only excited about the new DLC, but ALL the changes coming anyways. limit 2 shock troopers is great (heroes vs villains was really getting out of hand), the barrage and bowcaster buffs, the exclusion of ship ramming. All such good stuff :-) The only thing I worry about is the roll. That adds a whole new element to the game. I'm used to tracking people down who bunny hop. I'm okay with the maneuver. But I see people spamming it until the cows come home. If there's a cooldown it should be fine. We'll adjust.

Very excited :-)
  • really? hero hunt is being changed to most damage? how lame. people are still going to complain.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar