criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Free Radical's Battlefront 3 in being reconstructed!

Gamespot just released an article check it out http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-fans-want-to-remake-canceled-battlefront/1100-6435822/

Battlefront 3 is being remade by Russian pro modders using original models from pandemic studios. They are recreating the canceled Battlefront project under the name "Galaxy in Turmoil". http://www.moddb.com/games/galaxy-in-turmoil

If all goes well and Disney doesn't bring down its hammer on the project we can expect this game for free

Replies

• JayZack
    122 posts Member
    Hell Yeah! What battlefront was always meant to be!
  • As long as they don't make profit off the game, I think Disney should be fine with it.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • HA Disney is gonna tear this project down as soon as they can. As much as I wish for it to be released, we will never see it in the light of day. They wouldn't want competition for their series.
  • JayZack wrote: »
    Hell Yeah! What battlefront was always meant to be!

Really, what are you to say what battlefront should be? And you haven't even played the game yet.
  • HA Disney is gonna tear this project down as soon as they can. As much as I wish for it to be released, we will never see it in the light of day. They wouldn't want competition for their series.

Pretty much this^. I want this but Disney is gonna shut this down quick.
  • This would be good news for me if they can bring it to consoles. Is this stuff usually restricted to PC?

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Guys, Disney would love to shut this down. The closest you'll get to this game is by playing the PSP game titled ''Elite Squadron'' which is the same game, but on a mobile device.
  • My god. If you think that is better you have to blind or dumb as a stick.
  • 439thLegionScout
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Scarrod99 wrote: »
    My goodness. If you think that is better you have to blind or dumb as a stick.

Who, me? It was a good game, but it really needed some work. I could see why they tried to make this one.
  • There's not a chance of this getting to more than a handful of gamers. Even if they paid 50 quid to a kitten sanctuary per download. Giving away something for free , particularly relating to something which could deprive the licence holders income would be dealt with most harshly I'm afraid. In the days of lucasarts calling the shots then they may have turned the other cheek but you need to remember that Disney are not the same and have actively campaigned (successfully afaik) to change copyright law in their favour in the past. Also perhaps some rose tinted glasses here, what I've seen of the game doesn't look mindblowing. Each to their own but this whole adventure is on very shaky ground and as many have pointed out on other sites - most likely just the product of a slow news day. Good luck to the coders, if they make it nice then it would be a wonderful portfolio price :)
  • well it's wishful thinking i guess. also i think it would be a great idea if playstation did battlefront 2 as backwards compatible on ps4. i would buy that game for $30 hands down
  • Gamespot just released an article check it out http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-fans-want-to-remake-canceled-battlefront/1100-6435822/

Battlefront 3 is being remade by Russian pro modders using original models from pandemic studios. They are recreating the canceled Battlefront project under the name "Galaxy in Turmoil". http://www.moddb.com/games/galaxy-in-turmoil

If all goes well and Disney doesn't bring down its hammer on the project we can expect this game for free

sorry but those graphics look sorely outdated.
  • Unless they are careful, Disney won't let it see the light of day. It's still copyrighted material, regardless if they make no money on it. Even if they keep it in the realm of "fanfic" Disney will still try to protect their interests.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • kn05is
    56 posts Member
    Lol That game looks like garbage. You guys would choose that over this? Lolololol good riddance
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Disney will probably try to use it as a profit.
    - Take Control after its finished
    - Make it paid
    - ???
    - Profit!
    EDIT: Just checked Mod DB and all pages are removed? The heck?
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• kn05is wrote: »
    Lol That game looks like garbage. You guys would choose that over this? Lolololol good riddance

It's not all about looks. If it has the features and options that this game doesn't, then yes there will be people who choose to play it over BF:EA.
  • fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    Paul131 wrote: »
    Disney will probably try to use it as a profit.
    - Take Control after its finished
    - Make it paid
    - ???
    - Profit!
    EDIT: Just checked Mod DB and all pages are removed? The heck?

It directly violates that sites rules m8. The code their working with quite obviously isn't theirs. Either that or the news articles got it CDed already.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I would love to play this.
    If they do this for free promotion and no money, I can see disney allowing them.
  • trash
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I heard a similar rumor about KOTOR.
  • fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    I would love to play this.
    If they do this for free promotion and no money, I can see disney allowing them.

Why would disney ever do anything but CD any project working with stolen code, especially when its part of one of their most valuable IPs. This is the company that constantly gets copywrite laws rewritten to protect its IPs lol
  • Maybe the community can buy a license from Disney. Thus Disney is making money as well.
    But it's not uncommon that companies close fan projects for no reasons.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I agree with this... Disney is gonna lay down the hammer
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Unreal Engine 4? lol I could help XD
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    lol at all haters saying that this is trash when they fail to understand that THIS WAS NEVER FINISHED, That's why it looks like this it was in it's alpha stages, man these kids know nothing about games.
  • Even if they paid 50 quid to a kitten sanctuary per download...

As a language guy, this one was new....

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • http://www.moddb.com/games/galaxy-in-turmoil

"Game over! This game has been deleted!". Well, Disney... that was fast.
  • wow disney is actually ret*rded. It's unbelievable how selfish and what capitalists they are. I mean the game project has been out for less than 15 hours and disney deletes it. unbelievable
  • I honestly hope all this does is force dice into beefing up this games experience overall single and multiplayer.
  • NeroG100
    991 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Daam :( I really wanted this. Disappoint flowing through my veins
  • Scarrod99 wrote: »
    My god. If you think that is better you have to blind or dumb as a stick.

lol yeah after seeing SWBF by Dice no way I'll be able to enjoy that
  • fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wow disney is actually ret*rded. It's unbelievable how selfish and what capitalists they are. I mean the game project has been out for less than 15 hours and disney deletes it. unbelievable

Dude, the code for that game is a leaked aka stolen asset of lucasarts. How is this in any eay unbelievable lol
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This must be the wet dream of entitled fans and gamers. Hate to break it to you all though, this game is going to be shut down. It looks cool and all, but it's time to move on.

Edit: Just realized it's already been shut down. Oh well. Point still stands, kind of.
  • Wow they gonna show dice how its done cant wait for this !!
  • You can make a star wars game any day you want if you are giving it free, but if you steal the code of an already existing game then don't expect much.
  • Last time I checked, they weren't 'stealing' any code. All the coding is being made fresh, maybe search up on a project before making assumptions.
  • the thing is that all the cut scenes are from Battlefront: Elite Squadron