criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Sullust pipelines missed opportunity or just to small of a map?

RogueKarp
1003 posts Member
One of my favorite modes to play is Fighter Squadron and I was really hoping that the DLC would add to the Fighter Squadron maps. Looking at the Sullust Pipeline map, since it takes place outside, I'm wondering why they chose not to include it as a FS map.

From the videos that we can see, do you guys think it looks too small for a FS map or do you think DICE missed out on an opportunity to add it to the FS map rotation?

Other than that complaint, I really love what I'm seeing from these maps! I love the close quarter combat slant of this pack, and these maps look to be some of the best so far in all of the series (including previous BF games). Extraction looks to be great fun, and will probably rank right up their with FS, Drop pod, and cargo in my book!

Replies

• Honestly, as much as I like Fighter Squadron for what it is, The maps themselves don't add much variety to the gameplay. It would be nice to have some objective based on the environment, but short of that...same stuff, different background
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    SngleCoil wrote: »
    Honestly, as much as I like Fighter Squadron for what it is, The maps themselves don't add much variety to the gameplay. It would be nice to have some objective based on the environment, but short of that...same stuff, different background

I definitely agree with you about the lack of variety within FS gameplay. I hope they look into doing something to extend the objectives for FS either the road with this game or in the game's sequel.
  • The solution to this is called Star Destroyers , Since differently would do better, and the use of turbolaser turrets as powerups .
    giphy.gif
  • The solution to this is called Star Destroyers , Since differently would do better, and the use of turbolaser turrets as powerups .

I like your thinking...oh and how about seamless transitions between flying and ground fighting. Say like boarding a Star Destroyer to take out targets on the inside and then seamlessly flying back out to join the space battle again. Doesn't that sound awesome! ;)
  • While you're waiting for FS improvements/updates, I recommend the game Blazing Angels. Top notch and immersive dogfighting game.